Campaigns are usually fun first time playing. However, multiplayer is where it's at. Multiplayer is though, alot harder than most multiplayer games to get into, and get decent at, since it requires multitasking, strategic thinking, both longterm and shortterm. Even in Bronze League your foes will be quite potent if you're not used to playing RTS games, since they are familiar with many different tactics, and won't hesitate to cheap out on you anyway they can. But it's not a game you should pick up if you hate losing all the time to get anywhere close to decent.

Awesome ;D

If I wasn't running a 25 man raiding guild I'd be playing it a lot more, definately get your moneys worth
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'd suggest going for it, over all it is a very good Rts. The down side is that the game can get stale after a long time playing it, but you will get your moneys worth trust me.

Also the modding scene is one of the best atm. So there will always be something new to do in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    the starcraft 2 campaign is really good imo. played it several times and will another time before the addon.

i never play it online because i suck at rts.

but imo you get a nice game for the singleplayer part alone if you try to get the mission achievements and replay it on brutal (which IS brutal if you only play rts once a new warcraft or starcraft is released).

EDIT: i would suggest to also play sc1 + broodwar. story and campaign are very fullfilling and it aged well. still get warm feelings of nostalgia everytime i play it.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2013-01-22 at 03:42 PM.

Perfect; guess I'll be picking up a copy next time I get a chance to go to Gamestop. Yea I've dabbled a little bit into RTS with Age of Empires: Age of Mythology and had a blast with that. I did some pvp with it, but the queues were rather long when I was playing it so I didnt get to play as much as I would of liked to be able too.

Anyone know where I can read up on the lore/back story of Starcraft? Looks really interesting. Feel like it would help make the campaign that much more interesting.

Deleted
    "wrong thread"
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-01-22 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    Loved the cinematic, especially when the Battlecruiser crashed... magnificent. Starcraft cinematics haven't lost their touch.

Deleted
    Awesome, siege tanks!!

Hmmm...in the gameplay trailer we see at the end cinematic scenes from the opening trailer, but some like these weren't in that trailer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss60wo2Bwzk

She's pissed!

Unless there's 2 cinematics for Kerrigan dreaming that she's Zerg, which would be weird, I assume she returns to becoming Zerg again. I guess she won't be cool enough in the long run just as some weird Ghost.
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2013-01-22 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Awesome, siege tanks!!

Hmmm...in the gameplay trailer we see at the end cinematic scenes from the opening trailer, but some like these weren't in that trailer!!

She's pissed!

Unless there's 2 cinematics for Kerrigan dreaming that she's Zerg, which would be weird, I assume she returns to becoming Zerg again. I guess she won't be cool enough in the long run just as some weird Ghost.
    It's your choice - you'll be able to guide her to becoming more Zerg or more Human by the sound of it.

Can't wait for this freaking expansion.

Nice trailer but I expect nothing less than excellent cinematics from blizzard

I still don't like the Kerrigan story arc but whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is, will Kerrigan's hair ever return to normal? >_>

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 02:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Notamonk View Post
    I've always been interested in getting into this game; I'm definitely a casual gamer and don't have much time at all for playing anymore games, but I figured since a new expansion for Starcraft was coming out it would be a pretty good time to dabble into Starcraft and give it a try.

So my question is what do you guys like and dislike about starcraft? Honestly I've never really heard any negative feedback on the game/series but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say about it.
    The campaign is pretty good in terms of quality of the writing and mechanics, and it's a lot of fun. The multiplayer is a lot of fun also, but it is challenging to get better and better at the game. With that being said though, unless you're looking to get to a professional level of playing, you can just play games normally and you'll slowly get better.

Doing ridiculous strategies is very fun, and there are a near infinite amount of custom games which are all really fun also. And free. Basically if you like RTS games you'll enjoy Starcraft a lot. I'd highly recommend playing it, I'm sure that Wings of Liberty will be on sale on the Blizzard store at some point, and is already pretty cheap since Heart of the Swarm came out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    It's your choice - you'll be able to guide her to becoming more Zerg or more Human by the sound of it.

Can't wait for this freaking expansion.
    Doubt we have so many choices, the end must be the same, with some end cinematic, so she has to look a certain way. Wings of Liberty had choices for side-characters or so I remember...like that ghost guy Tosh. We could have chosen to free his buddies or help the dominion against him, but the end story was the same for Jim Raynor.

Hmmm...I guess she must become more zergy because Zeratul said she had an important part to play and I doubt she could do it as a human.

So what happened to the Starcraft II MMO custom map?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So what happened to the Starcraft II MMO custom map?
    How do you mean?

Anyone know if they have fixed, or plan to fix the zoning with Starcraft II?

Being a New Zealander I was pretty steamed up about not being able to play with my American friends (whom are on my Real ID) because i am force locked into the Asia zone, and can't play with american or european players.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    How do you mean?
    There had been on going work since I think end of 2010 on a Starcraft MMO built entirely from the SC II map creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Anyone know if they have fixed, or plan to fix the zoning with Starcraft II?

Being a New Zealander I was pretty steamed up about not being able to play with my American friends (whom are on my Real ID) because i am force locked into the Asia zone, and can't play with american or european players.
    You'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure I remember this being fixed from some people freaking out that Koreans were going to decimate them in hots. Again you should double check.

Edit:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7826684/Global_Play_Coming_to_StarCraft_II-12_21_2012

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:24 AM ----------

There had been on going work since I think end of 2010 on a Starcraft MMO built entirely from the SC II map creator.
    I had no clue this was a thing. You could probably just google it, something like that would be pretty high profile.
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-01-23 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    You'd have to double check, but I'm pretty sure I remember this being fixed from some people freaking out that Koreans were going to decimate them in hots. Again you should double check.

Edit:
    http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/7826684/Global_Play_Coming_to_StarCraft_II-12_21_2012

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 02:24 AM ----------

Do my Real ID and BattleTag™ friends carry over to other game regions?
    Real ID and BattleTag friendships are region-specific, so friends from one region will not appear in another. In addition, players can only communicate with each other and see each other’s status when they are playing in the same game region.

WHY THE BLOODY HELL DONT THEY CARRY OVER!??!!!

So I have to log over to the america server then they can see my name, but they cant interract directly with me via Real ID, which is one of the best parts of Real ID. Easier interaction between friends.

EDIT...
    I may have gotten a little mad over the above info that I completely missed the next part.

Will I need to create a new BattleTag when I switch my region?
    No, your BattleTag is the same in every game region. Your StarCraft II character name may be different from region to region, though, as your profile does not transfer across game regions.

As long as my american friends can see my battletag and I theirs when I am on the american servers, then all is right with the world.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2013-01-23 at 08:37 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Never heard of it tbh, was it a modding team or blizzard that were meant to be doing this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Never heard of it tbh, was it a modding team or blizzard that were meant to be doing this?
    Modding team, but iirc, they got a cease and desist from Blizzard?