Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    Its still possible to exploit it? So play against the CPU on easy and build like 500 CCs...??!
    Not a clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Not a clue.
    I'll try it tomorrow. Will post results here if noone else does before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Anyone's playing the beta for HotS? Just got a key today and am currently installing. Eager to give it a go.

Last I checked there were 2000+ games active. So yeah, there are people playng.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Had88 View Post
    Its still possible to exploit it? So play against the CPU on easy and build like 500 CCs...??!
    It seems to work but after a while buildings and units start giving less and less xp so, not sure if it's time efficent compared to other things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Anyone's playing the beta for HotS? Just got a key today and am currently installing. Eager to give it a go.
    Yap. Add SePPeLisCutE.537 if you want to play I'm a platinum Terran.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Yeah it's really fun. I hadn't played Sc2 in 6 months until the mac bug got fixed for HOTS a couple days ago xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Pump for hots beta. Anyone who wants to play later today? Thinking in around 3 hours and onward.

Deleted
    sc2 the learning curve is like a skyscraper and its only frustrating really

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I wouldn't agree with that. It's more like a pyramid and your own skill and ability to learn determines what step of the pyramid you can reach. You can play terribly and still have fun with the game, or you can macro/micro like a god and have fun.

However, HotS will be fixing the general learning of how to play competitively, with the addition of inductive tutorials and walkthroughs of how the game operates in player vs player/AI.

Deleted
    If you try to improve the stupid way ( try to win by using pro build orders), it's extremly frustrating. If you improve by learning the basics and improving your macro and later on micro, decision making, and so on, the game becomes more fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Like others have said just work on macro and you'll get better. If you have more stuff than your opponent 9 times out of ten you'll win. You can also do silly strategies like nukes, or nydus worms, etc and have fun P:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    If you try to improve the stupid way ( try to win by using pro build orders), it's extremly frustrating. If you improve by learning the basics and improving your macro and later on micro, decision making, and so on, the game becomes more fun
    This. So much this.

But I still agree on that the learning curve is steep, at least for starters.

---------- Post added 2013-01-30 at 09:44 PM ----------

http://www.twitch.tv/Weeezing

Doin some hots 2v2 atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spending my sunday doing the campaign on brutal, god-damn this is hard haha.

Can't wait for Heart of the Swarm, really excited to play the campaign on brutal.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    The campaign looks really good. And damn, Hellbats damage needs to be nerfed, at least a little. Four of them +a medivac healing them shouldn't be so hard to deal with. x_X

10+ Year Old Account
    Just need some roaches or stalkers, should be pretty much obligatory in HotS with the amount of early harassment you can do.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    They decimate roaches unless you have a lot of them and a lot queens or a spine. And if they drop you you're double screwed since medivacs are super speedy now, and they heal Hellbats. I'll just have to play super safe against Terran I guess ><

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that zerg has to play safe against terran is pretty fun, for once. Has been the other way all around up till now. Walling stuff in everywhere as T just to avoid harassment.

But yes I do agree on the fact that hellbats are a bit strong. I totally decimate zergs up to diamond with them. All I need is to buy some time in the start with delaying early expos.

Nothing proper creep spread and micro wouldn't solve, you should've learned to micro against zealots, treat hellbats as zealots with aoe attack. They do kill mineral lines way too fast, i could see Blizzard removing bonus damage vs light baseline and restoring it with blue flame, it would make hellbat harass strong only with proper investment, also it would be scoutable because siege tech is removed, so seeing factory lab researching something would mean you have time to spread overlords to see medivacs and make some roaches to deter drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Nothing proper creep spread and micro wouldn't solve, you should've learned to micro against zealots, treat hellbats as zealots with aoe attack. They do kill mineral lines way too fast, i could see Blizzard removing bonus damage vs light baseline and restoring it with blue flame, it would make hellbat harass strong only with proper investment, also it would be scoutable because siege tech is removed, so seeing factory lab researching something would mean you have time to spread overlords to see medivacs and make some roaches to deter drops.
    Zealots are nothing like Hellbats... Zealots don't get healed by medivacs, are melee, can be kited, and don't do extra damage to light units, don't have a cone AOE, don't do as much damage, and can't be upgraded to decimate lings and drones xD Also Hellbats can destroy stalkers/roaches and spines pretty easily if you don't have a lot of them.

I agree with you on what they should do to Hellbats though. I think they're a really cool unit but atm they're just a little too strong in terms of damage.

I just have to play really safe and get mutas out ASAP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    The fact that zerg has to play safe against terran is pretty fun, for once. Has been the other way all around up till now. Walling stuff in everywhere as T just to avoid harassment.

But yes I do agree on the fact that hellbats are a bit strong. I totally decimate zergs up to diamond with them. All I need is to buy some time in the start with delaying early expos.
    How would you say is the best way to beat mech as Zerg? Like what gives you the most trouble if you ever go mech? As of right now I just usually make a lot of mutas or roach/hydra and run away to base race xD
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-02-04 at 06:35 PM.