10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God... Ultralisk plushy!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    Oh God... Ultralisk plushy!!!
    LIFESIZE ULTRALISK PLUSHIE!

Oh god, I want it now...

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god yes, I would want a carbot infestor plushie above any other plushie though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    LIFESIZE ULTRALISK PLUSHIE!

Oh god, I want it now...
    That would be freaking massive. Like football stadium massive...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

New Question:

I'm wondering if it is too late for me to start playing. I know I can technically start playing whenever I want, but I don't want to join in on a game that is past its prime. I have never played an RTS before but I have recently been interested in SC2. Just so you guys understand where I'm coming from: If I had never played WoW, I would not start playing it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Glaukus View Post
    New Question:

I'm wondering if it is too late for me to start playing. I know I can technically start playing whenever I want, but I don't want to join in on a game that is past its prime. I have never played an RTS before but I have recently been interested in SC2. Just so you guys understand where I'm coming from: If I had never played WoW, I would not start playing it at this point.
    This isn't an MMO. There's no catch up that's needed. You just queue and play pretty much like an fps without any of that "level up to unlock weapons" bs. There is no such thing as "starting late" for a game like this. Unless you're planning to contend for a higher spot in the ladder (I think).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    "but i'm looking foward to get in Plat before HOTS."
    Mission Accomplished
    Thanks for helping me guys, all the tips in this past month helped a lot :P

Time to take a break in WOL and start studying HoTS, i don't played the beta and don't want to get owned in ladder on the launch.

Congrats! My personal goal is getting Silver in the first HotS season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Oh god yes, I would want a carbot infestor plushie above any other plushie though.
    With a neural parasite tentacle that you can extend and tuck into it's infestor flabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a wee bit annoying that I wont get to play the hots ladder for real before like 2 weeks after release due to irl stuff. If anyone wants to play wol sometime though for whatever reason I can be up for that.

Also good work Decker.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Can't wait for this now booking a few days off work to chill play this and catch up on some much needed gym time! mega excited.

Deleted
    I bought it when it was $20 just in case and finally got some time to finish the single player campaign. This game isn't what I expected. The story was ok, I suppose but instead of a nice relaxed planning and building game, the pace is just insane. I completed the campaign on hard and actually felt pretty good about myself.. it was actually as advertised, pretty hard, unlike the RPG games I usually play that are so easy even on the hardest settings.

Decided to jump into multiplayer today and oh my god.. the first 2 players I teamed with against PC had 120+ actions per minute and won the game while I was still building bunkers and was focusing to defend my little base. I tried a few more matches, even one against a player and the same. Does this game attract super skilled players or..? I'm not saying I'm the best player around but compared to the ones I meet in WoW and LoL etc. I'd like to think I'm at least above average.

I bought the standard edition from battle.net because I have never been one to be suckered into CE games. I really can't wait to play the campaign in HotS because Zerg is my ladder race so I can't want to see all of the different upgrades I can make to them during the campaign. Haven't been able to play a lot in the last few days due to a lot of work but ever since I seen one of Day9's old dailies were the infestor used neural parasite on a Protoss Probe and used it to build a nexus and gateways and then compose a roach/archon/DT build I have just wanted to do that so much in my games for lols XD

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Help!!! Ok.. I am a complete noob when it comes to SC2.. and infatc most RTS games. I bought this last week during the offer and seems to have made a few mistakes on my research choices... Is there any way at all to unlearn them? or am I screwed and have to start the campaign again?

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    Help!!! Ok.. I am a complete noob when it comes to SC2.. and infatc most RTS games. I bought this last week during the offer and seems to have made a few mistakes on my research choices... Is there any way at all to unlearn them? or am I screwed and have to start the campaign again?
    It's not like the research choices matter, you can beat the whole campaign with no research choices.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    It's not like the research choices matter, you can beat the whole campaign with no research choices.
    Well, I seem to be struggling on supernova, tried different unit combos, just can't seem to get enough minerals / vespene gas to make enough units. It looks like I should have picked the auto refinery, and the ultra-capacitors. Again I am a complete noob at rts games.. This one mission is getting me frustrated with an otherwise brilliant game, every other mission so far has been fine.

Day9 and TeamLiquid are currently hosting the King of the Beta competition on his channel and he's also uploading the previous videos on Youtube. I'd recommend it for anyone who wants to see what some of the current best players in the game are doing in HotS beta.

King of the Beta

CatZ beat WhiteRa 2-1 with some fairly insane builds (then again, he always uses insane builds), ARC vs MorroW is up and atm, live on Day9.tv, it's Polt vs Minigun.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2013-03-06 at 03:29 AM.

I was watching the MLG games of illusion vs vibe, and it was looking a fair bit more exciting. Zerg no longer just turtles to infest brood, and vipers/hydra/roach are being used more often. Only problem is toss I think, it seems like the air death ball has just shifted to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    I bought it when it was $20 just in case and finally got some time to finish the single player campaign. This game isn't what I expected. The story was ok, I suppose but instead of a nice relaxed planning and building game, the pace is just insane. I completed the campaign on hard and actually felt pretty good about myself.. it was actually as advertised, pretty hard, unlike the RPG games I usually play that are so easy even on the hardest settings.

Decided to jump into multiplayer today and oh my god.. the first 2 players I teamed with against PC had 120+ actions per minute and won the game while I was still building bunkers and was focusing to defend my little base. I tried a few more matches, even one against a player and the same. Does this game attract super skilled players or..? I'm not saying I'm the best player around but compared to the ones I meet in WoW and LoL etc. I'd like to think I'm at least above average.
    There are all kinds of players, but the learning curve is quite steep. It's one of the characteristics about SC2.

But if they had constant 120+ apm then you probably encountered diamond-level players.

Deleted
    IEM games are fun so far!, almost makes you miss the good old balanced and amazing gglord winfestor and immortal sentry all-in from WoL!