Deleted
    I really liked the campaign of WoL, so planning on picking this up.

Somehow I never am able to get into the multiplayer though. I'm pretty good at 'twitch' gaming and things like League of Legends, where I have to outplay someone with just my 1 character (not going into team tactics here). Once I have to multitask everything goes to hell.

Did quite some reading and saw guides on youtube, and still I struggle horribly against AI ^^

I feel like we should call Sarah's pet Zergling Ziggy. Ziggy the Zergling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    I feel like we should call Sarah's pet Zergling Ziggy. Ziggy the Zergling.
    Can I keep it?

it followed me home.

-in tychus' voice

Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Have to say, really dissapointed with single player. Especially with the story. I absolutely loved the original SC story, and quite liked WOL story too. HOTS story feels like they just threw together 150 different writers and told them to write something tangently relating to zerg.
    I mean, zerg dont even feel like zerg anymore. More like... biological terran or something. Philosophical discussions, independent thought, etc... What happened to my swarm?
    Well technically the zerg during the overmind days did alot of talking too it was just the cerebrates + overmind + Kerrigan doing all the talking. But im sure they communicated alot you just didnt get as much indepth into what they do as you are now, and thats something blizzard obviously wanted you to see the more intellegent part of the zerg rather than the beasts you always control.

Only a couple of missions in but really digging it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed the campaign not too long ago. A little under ten hours on hard difficulty. Just literally swarm your way around the map.

I liked the story quite a bit. Because we've realized what she was created for. Now this is her journey of "self-discovery".

Quote Originally Posted by ignit3e View Post
    Do you have to own Wings of Liberty in order to get Heart of the Swarm?
    When entering my CD key it told me it was upgrading my SC2 license to SC2 HotS, so I assume you need the original.

Anyone notice how some of the title screen music is VERY reminiscent of Total Annihilation?
    Last edited by Dundebuns; 2013-03-12 at 07:12 PM.
    RETH

Good thing I didn't drop down my $40 to pre-order.

Heard the campaign story is god awful. About as bad as D3. Which is no real surprise as it's the same writing team.

The missions of course I heard are good in of themselves, but they should be seeing as you're dropping $40 on basically a multiplayer patch, so the campaign missions themselves better have some innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    Good thing I didn't drop down my $40 to pre-order.

Heard the campaign story is god awful. About as bad as D3. Which is no real surprise as it's the same writing team.

The missions of course I heard are good in of themselves, but they should be seeing as you're dropping $40 on basically a multiplayer patch, so the campaign missions themselves better have some innovation.
    So far the story is pretty epic IMO. The story sucking or not sucking is subjective.

But in reality. SC2 is a video game, if you want an engrossing epic story, the library is that way ------>

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So far the story is pretty epic IMO. The story sucking or not sucking is subjective.

But in reality. SC2 is a video game, if you want an engrossing epic story, the library is that way ------>
    In actual reality, video games can tell a story as well as any book.

And dropping $40 you're really paying for the campaign as multiplayer already exists. So if it doesn't have a quality story....what are you actually paying for?

10+ Year Old Account

And dropping $40 you're really paying for the campaign as multiplayer already exists. So if it doesn't have a quality story....what are you actually paying for?
    Actually 99,99% of games fail horribly at storytelling and I have never played a game that manages to tell a story well
    without interrupting the gameplay with 3 minute cut scenes. HotS story isn't amazing, it's very much average but it's
    well presented.

I think I played somewhere around 20 missions on Brutal. I still have some left but so far I've quite liked the campaign.
    The missions haven't been very challenging. Just drone to ~45 and roll over them with muta-ling-kerrigan. I think they
    could have done more with the evolution system too.

About the multiplayer, I don't really like any of the new zerg units so I don't see myself playing as much as I played at
    the launch of wings of liberty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played campaign 9h 30min straight. Got 4 missions left. Been enjoying it immensely so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they cant, and they never have. . .

Videogame stories can be cool, and sometimes "pretty good". But to compare them to a good work of fiction, is craycray. (Been wanting/waiting to use "craycray" in a sentence all day. Heard it on the radio this morn).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm about 9 missions in and I'm loving the story so far!
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Getting Owned on Ladder, 12 games 4 wins.
    2 wins vs Zerg
    2 Wins vs Protoss that don't know how to make a stargate.
    It just feels like playing WoL vs stronger version of Terran and Protoss,
    Lets see how it works out in the next weeks.

No they cant, and they never have. . .

Videogame stories can be cool, and sometimes "pretty good". But to compare them to a good work of fiction, is craycray. (Been wanting/waiting to use "craycray" in a sentence all day. Heard it on the radio this morn).

Maybe you're just playing the wrong games....

Have you never picked up a single RPG before?

I mean if all you do is play Blizzard games I can see your point of view because lets face it...Blizzard is complete caca on the story writing front, without even using HotS as an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone here woh bought a physical copy of hot and can answer me why i still have 6gb data to download? oO

the dvd does nothing. if i buy boxes just for the cd key i could just buy the digital copy. or is there something is miss?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're just playing the wrong games....

Have you never picked up a single RPG before?

I mean if all you do is play Blizzard games I can see your point of view because lets face it...Blizzard is complete caca on the story writing front, without even using HotS as an example.
    Ive played RPGs since pc computers were called XTs and have yet to find a "great story" in one.

Maybe you can enlighten us. Which game would you say had a "great story" that puts some of the best books out there to shame? "Twilight doesnt count".

Ive played RPGs since pc computers were called XTs and have yet to find a "great story" in one.

Maybe you can enlighten us. Which game would you say had a "great story" that puts some of the best books out there to shame? "Twilight doesnt count".
    Try Planescape: Torment. One of the best stories out there, period.

Deleted

The Final Fantasy games and a number of other JRPG's from the NES to PS2 had fantastic stories. Sure it's not Charles Dickens but they are still emotional. There are a lot more shitty books than there are shitty games I bet.