Deleted
    Yay, got placed into Silver. I wouldn't want to be in Bronze because of all the cheese and I'm not good enough for Gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Yay, got placed into Silver. I wouldn't want to be in Bronze because of all the cheese and I'm not good enough for Gold.
    The cheese in bronze is hillarious, left league and lost placements to play thru bronze and all i've met so far is proxy 2 gate, bunker rush and 6 pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    The gap that I've marked in red is pretty large. SHould I just keep putting my buildings there?
    That can be walled off with your first pylon, your forge, your gateway and your cybercore, with space for bob the zealot somewhere. I'll show an example in the morning, on Daybreak with the wall off too. To be honest, that's still not why you're losing - the wall off that is. I've never walled off probably against zerg although I know how to do it - not a the natural at least. I always do it above the ramp to my main though which makes very little difference because if they're going up there you've probably already lost.

But yeah if you get us a replay I'll get you one and we'll go from there Make sure to veto Starstation as a map btw... it's horrible.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 12:09 AM ----------

If you're getting cheesed then a fast expand is going to make you lose really quickly. If you've got the nexus down, cancel it. If your forge is still building cancel that, get a gateway down - unless you're being cannon rushed (you shouldn't FE in PvP anyway, should open with a gateway as standard) then drop a forge to get a cannon to hold the line of cannons.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    That can be walled off with your first pylon, your forge, your gateway and your cybercore, with space for bob the zealot somewhere. I'll show an example in the morning, on Daybreak with the wall off too. To be honest, that's still not why you're losing - the wall off that is. I've never walled off probably against zerg although I know how to do it - not a the natural at least. I always do it above the ramp to my main though which makes very little difference because if they're going up there you've probably already lost.

But yeah if you get us a replay I'll get you one and we'll go from there Make sure to veto Starstation as a map btw... it's horrible.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 12:09 AM ----------

If you're getting cheesed then a fast expand is going to make you lose really quickly. If you've got the nexus down, cancel it. If your forge is still building cancel that, get a gateway down - unless you're being cannon rushed (you shouldn't FE in PvP anyway, should open with a gateway as standard) then drop a forge to get a cannon to hold the line of cannons.
    Unless you're being 6pooled, in which case leave the forge to build and cannon your mineral line and take it from there. In the case that you scouted it, wall off your top ramp completely with pylons, drop 2 cannons, and just 1 base play. A 6 pool isnt recoverable really, so if you defend it you've won.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 12:30 AM ----------

But there is always a wall when on 2 bases rendering the lings useless and after the first run by with mutas they end up putting up walls of missile turrets. I watch pro's and I'm like this shit is easy, just a few lings here and there bla bla, soon as I do it they seem to have a direct counter waiting. Thing is my mechanics (early-mid game) are fine, I just always get fucked up by harassment like drops or oracles. I really should learn the other races builds so I can effectively scout in order to counter.
    That basically sounds like lower level players totally over-reacting. If they're making all that shit pre-emptively you can probably go for a baneling bust on the natural wall or roach bust because they're gonna have no units whatsoever to defend other than that if they're putting so much into static defense.

If there's no widowmines definitely go for a baneling bust, and follow it up with a ling flood.

I remembered after 2-3 games that i had a video up on youtube of me playing.
    Only problem is that there's a skype call of my friends and the video goes black a couple times throughout the video, especially one really long time before a big engagement.

It's recorded in first person http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sltx6HzuMW0

Try to ignore my friends if you want and give me some feedback. (this is ZvT he goes mech and it's a really close game)
    i have no signature, because carrots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I'm definitely not high I should slap you on the wrists for being a naughty boy! Want a good experience though? Watch this gif at length. We gave it to my mate when he was high once and he sat there staring for 2 hours repeating "the blue gets me man, it just hits me like WOW" It's the Mandelbrot set, and it explores fractals Just zooming in on it for ever...

I have this as wallpaper on my linux mint :P
    Just won the game against protoss, is there any counter to void rays? it was my first time where i had to ground army at all. Just 16 void rays melted everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I have this as wallpaper on my linux mint :P
    Just won the game against protoss, is there any counter to void rays? it was my first time where i had to ground army at all. Just 16 void rays melted everything
    As what race? voids are a bit of a pain in the ass atm if you let them mass, need to stop them from ever gtting to stupid levels. But fungal growth works, storms [yes storms], lots of hydras, marines [They counter practically everything]. Hell even queens pretty good. Voids are only really good in numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    As what race? voids are a bit of a pain in the ass atm if you let them mass, need to stop them from ever gtting to stupid levels. But fungal growth works, storms [yes storms], lots of hydras, marines [They counter practically everything]. Hell even queens pretty good. Voids are only really good in numbers.
    It was PvP and i was that one who made 16 void rays and destroyed enemy army.
    I used to "heat" them on proxy pylons, and then burned down key structures before he could reach me with his stalker army.
    It feels like protoss players are obsessed with stalkers
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    If there's no widowmines definitely go for a baneling bust, and follow it up with a ling flood.
    I generally use an eco-bust so both bases are saturated first then hit them like 8min mostly before tanks buuuuuuuuut if they go mech they have fast hellions which fuck my blings up.....hence my problem with mech. Transitioning into muta then seems pointless since the thors with just munch them. I really just need to find a build to counter mech once I spot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    I generally use an eco-bust so both bases are saturated first then hit them like 8min mostly before tanks buuuuuuuuut if they go mech they have fast hellions which fuck my blings up.....hence my problem with mech. Transitioning into muta then seems pointless since the thors with just munch them. I really just need to find a build to counter mech once I spot it.
    What i try to do(if i scout and can verify full-blown mech) I try and get a mass roach army. The problem comes with trying to engage a terran mech player, who is probably on 2 base and turtling.

A nydus into the main can catch a terran off-guard, but isn't the easiest thing to do.

I usually just try and bum-rush in with a lot of roaches and have a bank + more bases(3 saturated and one macro hatch) to be able to have a new army in 40seconds if it all goes wrong. I play a really heavy macro-style zerg though so this benefits my playstyle more than, let's say, a very micro-oriented player.

EDIT: If you overlord scout and just find one reactor factory, still drop a roach warren and make at least 5 roaches to deal with helions. Then just go with a crapton of speed ling/bling to counter marine/marauder.
    i have no signature, because carrots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mechterrans can be harassed and multiprong-attacked very well.

And roach/hydra/viper really hurts when you play mech too. If they add in a few ultras it gets even worse. Lategame mech vs lategame zerg is nothing I want to play, I rather go back to bio then and try to outmicro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Banelings dont take extra damage from hellions so you shouldn't lose them before they do their job.

---------- Post added 2013-04-11 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It was PvP and i was that one who made 16 void rays and destroyed enemy army.
    I used to "heat" them on proxy pylons, and then burned down key structures before he could reach me with his stalker army.
    It feels like protoss players are obsessed with stalkers
    Storms with stalkers would probably destroy those void rays. Archons aren't bad either. Unless you magic box the void rays they're really susceptible to splash.

Deleted
    Banelings dont take extra damage from hellions so you shouldn't lose them before they do their job.[COLOR="red"]
    Hellions out range and and out maneuver blings though. After bursting the wall, the remaining ones get fried along with any lings that try run up.

Played an won three games today though, hopefully I was just having a bad day!

Ok so I played a super late game vs a zerg yesterday.

Ultras, what the hell is a great counter for ultras with hydra support.

My army was MMM with plenty of sieges I had a few widow mines which i used to drop with and had a couple of banshees just for harass. But even with 3/3 on all my units those ultras tore through me (even using stims to try and hit the bastards.)

in the end he wore my army down. Should I have gone for some thors or cruisers (he had no corruptors or mutas he did have an infestor) what about ghosts are they worth a go?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Ok so I played a super late game vs a zerg yesterday.

Ultras, what the hell is a great counter for ultras with hydra support.

My army was MMM with plenty of sieges I had a few widow mines which i used to drop with and had a couple of banshees just for harass. But even with 3/3 on all my units those ultras tore through me (even using stims to try and hit the bastards.)

in the end he wore my army down. Should I have gone for some thors or cruisers (he had no corruptors or mutas he did have an infestor) what about ghosts are they worth a go?
    What league are you in? Ultralisk Hydra should be very beatable with MMM and widow mines.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

Deleted
    Marine maruder with micro and stim just destroy ultras. Sure they hurt if they reach you, but they never reach you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well marines don't eat them so much, but Marauders sure do. if 1/3 of your bioball consists of marauders you are good to go against them pesky ultras already.

Just stutterstep a bit, or engage in a choke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or reroll protoss, get some immortals or void rays and redefine what it means to get fucked in the arse.

I have a question for you terrans - What happened to Banshees? I know they were never really that popular but I used to see some banshee play. I've seen one individual banshee, not even a banshee play, since... like... June last year, but then I never watched it again til January. Is it just a case of everyone has anti air or detection more easily these days, and that if you're going to tech lab your starport you'll get ravens and go seeker missile/PDD play, or get a fusion core and go cattlebruiser?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use banshees! At least in customs where I like to experiment with openings.

But if you go for banshee-play you are very susceptible to an allin from the protoss

However I need to experiment more with banshee harassing after playing 1rax gasless fast exp with bunker. However drops just seem to be that much more effective...

Deleted
    I feel like banshees only use is in lategame tvt when you have the viking advantage vs a mech player, but even then ravens / bcs are probably a better investment anyway

Oh and in some crazy all-ins banshees are probably useful

OMG i just realised i havent played starcraft for a week thanks to scumbag dota and dark souls, gotta fix that tomorrow
    Last edited by mmoc15645c0f5b; 2013-04-11 at 08:39 PM.