Deleted
    Only seen one guy use banshees since HoTS launch as well, always hellion or drops with occasional reaper harass.

Deleted
    Banshees need some love. But not enough love to make every damn opening a 111 again.

Conspiracy theory time. The NA/European teams paid Kim Jon Un to attack South Korea to even the WCS????

Jokes aside, it wouldnt be surprising if some people think it's true.
    Last edited by mmoc71776687c4; 2013-04-11 at 10:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Banshees need any love buffs. They just aren't in style at the moment. I'm interested to see when the new balance patch will be, hopefully jesus medivacs will be slightly nerfed.

Why build banshees when you can pump out two jesus medivacs(Zait, post 4591) at a time? O.o

My English teacher always told me to use citations...
    i have no signature, because carrots.

Deleted
    My English teacher always told me to use citations...
    Mine always told me that English Literature would get me jobs.

So full of shit. [Said the Singer/Songwriter]

Deleted
    How the hell do you micro drones to kill off early zergling attacks. I could have 15 drones and 6 zergling will just about kill them all off yet when I try things like a 10 pool I'm lucky to even kill a couple drones. This has pissed me off for too long, even trying things like the mineral trick to get a surround on the lings doesn't ever work for me.

Deleted
    15 drones with the mineral trick should easily beat 6 lings. Are you sure you're doing it right? Wait for them to move into the line, then take all drones and click a centre mineral patch, then as they're all roughly on top a click the ground, not the lings, and they should surround and kill the lings off in seconds.

9 drones are usually enough to take out 6 lings with a decent surround.

Deleted
    Someone asked how to wall off a wide choke yesterday, looks like this:

For more Protoss advice I also kinda like desrow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsNDV...8B42DA866233A8

Also tried NA ladder yesterday. Only got one Z in like 12 games, lots of PvP and most of them went DTs, so sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mineral drilling doesn't involve getting a surround though, it prevents them from getting a surround, keeps all your units directly on top of each other so they're all in attacking range of the 1 unit that's able to hit them, and then they one shot it due to all those workers getting a hit at the same time. Or that's what I believed was happening.

Was going to try NA ladder see how much easier it was as people have mentioned repeatedly for like 2 years now that it is Being a protoss player though, PvP I don't like at all just from a point of fun so mehhh maybe not
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Mineral drilling doesn't involve getting a surround though, it prevents them from getting a surround, keeps all your units directly on top of each other so they're all in attacking range of the 1 unit that's able to hit them, and then they one shot it due to all those workers getting a hit at the same time. Or that's what I believed was happening.

Was going to try NA ladder see how much easier it was as people have mentioned repeatedly for like 2 years now that it is Being a protoss player though, PvP I don't like at all just from a point of fun so mehhh maybe not
    Thing is when you mineral click they move through units allowing them to move around the lings. You're not letting them get a surround, but you actually surround them if done at the right time because your drones are converging on them, and then have to be given real space.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 12:48 PM ----------

Also tried NA ladder yesterday. Only got one Z in like 12 games, lots of PvP and most of them went DTs, so sad.
    Every PvP i had yesterday was them trying to either proxy 2 gate or 4 gate. Bitches don't know bout my photon overcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    What league are you in? Ultralisk Hydra should be very beatable with MMM and widow mines.
    Silver league, managed to claw my way out of wood league!

I think I only had a few Mauraders in my MMM ball. Probably why I got destroyed. I guess I would just try to ensure I have a good number of them if i face the same thing next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think I only had a few Mauraders in my MMM ball. Probably why I got destroyed. I guess I would just try to ensure I have a good number of them if i face the same thing next time.
    Although it's a part of the game you can learn quickly, learn what units do extra damage to certain types of unit and exploit that when finishing off your army - obviously you can't compose it entirely of that because the ratio's get skewed and you get stomped but it'll help keep your numbers fairly good.

Marines count as Light for their unit type, and Biological. They do same damage to everything. Marauders count as Armored Biological and get a damage boost against Armored targets - meaning they'll hit Roaches, Stalkers and Marauders for more than a Marine/Ling/Zealot. Siege Tanks, Thors, Colossus, Immortal, Swarm Host and Infestor are all armored units too, meaning you'll do more damage with marauders against those. Not saying these are the counters (they aren't, they really aren't) but in a fight if you can focus your Marauders on whatever the most deadly of those you're facing is, that isn't going to be taken care of quickly by something else (eg Vikings taking out the Colossi fast as anything). Another good part of marauders is their huge health, can use them as a meat shield against Banelings if you have them leading the way. If a baneling hits a Marauder, it's going to do far less than if it hit a marine because it won't necessarily kill it.

Ghosts do extra damage against Light units but you'll never use them for that, they're too expensive - you'll use them for EMP on Infestor and High Templar/Archon but that's probably a bit above the league you're in for now Hellions do more against Light, Tanks for more against Armored, the Thor's air attacks do more against light (in the normal payload, in High Impact they don't), Viking does more against Armored (in flying mode), Hellbat more against light and Widow Mines more against shields (so, Protoss only).

It's a lot to take in but you'll pick it up REALLY quickly. Remember that probes/drones/SCV's count as light so a Hellbat drop can be absolute devastation.
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-04-12 at 01:54 PM.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I hate the GSTL UI so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    I hate the GSTL UI so much.
    Oh right you got the Sub. Is the sub to GOMTV a one time fee for the rest of your life?

If it is I might be getting it. I'm starting to like Code S and GSTL more and more...

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 06:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Although it's a part of the game you can learn quickly, learn what units do extra damage to certain types of unit and exploit that when finishing off your army - obviously you can't compose it entirely of that because the ratio's get skewed and you get stomped but it'll help keep your numbers fairly good.

Marines count as Light for their unit type, and Biological. They do same damage to everything. Marauders count as Armored Biological and get a damage boost against Armored targets - meaning they'll hit Roaches, Stalkers and Marauders for more than a Marine/Ling/Zealot. Siege Tanks, Thors, Colossus, Immortal, Swarm Host and Infestor are all armored units too, meaning you'll do more damage with marauders against those. Not saying these are the counters (they aren't, they really aren't) but in a fight if you can focus your Marauders on whatever the most deadly of those you're facing is, that isn't going to be taken care of quickly by something else (eg Vikings taking out the Colossi fast as anything). Another good part of marauders is their huge health, can use them as a meat shield against Banelings if you have them leading the way. If a baneling hits a Marauder, it's going to do far less than if it hit a marine because it won't necessarily kill it.

Ghosts do extra damage against Light units but you'll never use them for that, they're too expensive - you'll use them for EMP on Infestor and High Templar/Archon but that's probably a bit above the league you're in for now Hellions do more against Light, Tanks for more against Armored, the Thor's air attacks do more against light (in the normal payload, in High Impact they don't), Viking does more against Armored (in flying mode), Hellbat more against light and Widow Mines more against shields (so, Protoss only).

It's a lot to take in but you'll pick it up REALLY quickly. Remember that probes/drones/SCV's count as light so a Hellbat drop can be absolute devastation.
    Everything but one thing here is correct, the infestor is only Biological - Psionic. Neither light nor armored.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right you got the Sub. Is the sub to GOMTV a one time fee for the rest of your life?

If it is I might be getting it. I'm starting to like Code S and GSTL more and more...

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 06:57 PM ----------

Everything but one thing here is correct, the infestor is only Biological - Psionic. Neither light nor armored.
    Actually they're armored. One of the reasons stalkers,marauders and tanks can pick them off so easily P:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/unit/infestor

Anyhow, not playing after a couple weeks then losing 6 games in a row might be related somehow... those were some painful games (x
    Last edited by -Zait-; 2013-04-12 at 06:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read it off the battlenet site, I couldn't do all of them by memory In game I look at them and think "that's what I need" but I don't remember why necessarily ^^ had to double check to make sure I wasn't making it up or that I was wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my. I made a booboo :<

I had no idea about that. Poor infestors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDswIeZWd1o
    Old game I commentated, it is from WoL. Should I do more? If yes, what should I change?

I find it funny that units with "armored" atribute actualy are weaker than without it.

Unless there is some hidden bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    So of course, I did training stage 3 as Zerg then Terran today because hey, why wouldn't I pick up my 25k bonus exp for first win of the day? Plus I'm a sucker for the vanity aspect with custom skins. I'm toss level 30 and the Pylon skin is amazing (best supply skin hands down) but then the ling skin for speedlings is best for lvl 30 (before speed it's like lots of little Triceratops running about and that's not cool).

However, I forgot that it doesn't change your race back to whatever it was before when you go on ranked. Entered a game and thought "ah, PvZ that's cool. But hang on... this is showing TvZ and he's definitely zerg... oh shit"

Ah well, next game was a PvZ (I actually think this is my favourite matchup, win rate % probably my highest too) and he didn't go for a roach push/timing whichever one it is they commonly do off 2 bases. Surprised me a bit but then he never actually built anything... just a million and ten spine crawlers and a 3rd. Sniped the 3rd twice then I push to his main which is well walled off so my stalker/zealot/colossi can't do much, he appears to only have ~10 hydras then oh no, about 10 Swarm Hosts behind and my Observer just got sniped by a Spore Crawler and I didn't notice. Retreaaaat. Went back and rebuilt, he seems to not really rebuild much, his supply never exceeded 110... and he was mining off 3 bases... He had like 10 Hydras outside my base when I pushed again and a few Swarm Hosts, killed, pushed to his base, killed some creep tumours and some roaches in middle of field and he GG when he saw my 5 Colossi. Reminded me of this, posted earlier in the thread:

Edit: Also, oh my god I wish I could remember to build a fucking mothership core. Honestly I think I'll get into plat and hopefully decently into plat playing similar to how I am now, but for the love of god I'd save SO MUCH resources if I remembered. In said match above I was clearing creep as I went as he had good spread, lost my observer as mentioned and he built some more units was picking me off pretty well. When retreating, of course creep was still there so his hydras and lings could get a few more hits off and do more damage. All woulda been averted and I woulda lost even less cos I coulda got out of there earlier, if I just built the damn core...

Gona have to start artificially putting it into my build order and forcing myself, so it turns into actually utilizing such a useful piece of kit for early to midgame.

Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-04-12 at 10:20 PM.