Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    Rather than start a new thread for my question, I'll simply pose it here:

Is Heart of the Swarm worth $40?
    I certainly think it was great. Absolutely fabulous. Sure; there were a few... Loose ends in there, story-wise. Some things, like the whole 'primal zerg' thing (not going to tell you what it is, why it is or what role it's going to play), you just have to take at face value. But Kerrigan is portrayed strongly, and even though she's on her quest for vengeance thing, doesn't fall into the 'stupid evil' category that Blizzard tends to put (female) characters in. There's some interesting character dialogue, some fun backstory, you get extra abilities in the campaign which are really fun to use..
    Yes, I'd definitely recommend Heart of the Swarm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loaded into game.. Terran... oh god oh god oh god...

I do a fairly standard build... Gate, Core, Zealot, MSC, Sentry, Stalker... with an expand in there between sentry and stalker... Build 2 more gates and a robo, send observer to his base. See nothing but 3 rax no addons. Thinking wut. No expansion. 1 eng bay, an orbital though in main (1 right thing). Started stimpack at 15 mins (I coulda crushed him at any moment watching the replay but I wanted to play with my food and also, as I didn't know about no stim as he got a tech lab at ~12 min mark I waited for some Colossi).

Proceeded to charge forward, demolished his army of 2 marauders and ~70marines. He proceeds to let everything die cept his 2 orbitals, one of which I warp in stalkers to kill and other into nomans land... he lands it in my base and drops mules, wasting a good 4mins of our time.

All of my what. I know I'm shit too BUT I DON'T DESERVE TO BE AMONG PEOPLE LIKE THAT. When I had my first Colossus out which was damn early, I coulda gone stomped him then but no, as I assumed he might focus fire or something I had to wait. There goes time of my life...

---------- Post added 2013-06-23 at 05:19 PM ----------

Spam spam spam.

Some people are so... eurgh. Chatted to the guy a bit more and he turned out to be nice.

Played a PvZ on Neo Planet and this used to be my best matchup but my winrate this time is only 25% (only played 4 games though...). Anyway he went straight to muta off 2 bases and hit a third, had no other tech at all. I was expecting ground play so blindly built a colossus cos I couldnt scout due to mass spore crawler. A pack of mutas attack and I'm seriously crippled I lose half my workers. Make a desperate "Fuck you" push and take out his third, not realising he had a 4th+5th...

His macro was bad and only upgraded 2/1 on flyers and didn't have loads of mutas. All I did was build Blink Stalkers whilst he threw units away. I shoulda tech switched to Stargate but then... so should he. At some point. A 5 base zerg should break 150 supply at some point, he never got anywhere near maxed, only had 3 Queens and then 5 base + 2 macro hatch...

http://drop.sc/345541
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-06-23 at 04:51 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Right now TLO is 6pooling Taeja. Go on everyone, insult him like you did with Taeja.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone here insult taeja for cheesing? I got no track of the current games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Whether there were actual insults towards him I don't know I didn't read carefully enough, but there was a very brief debate on whether cheese should be a strategy used in pro games, right at the very top, and whether it's unsporting or cheap. Also, what the difference is between an all-in and a cheese.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Whether there were actual insults towards him I don't know I didn't read carefully enough, but there was a very brief debate on whether cheese should be a strategy used in pro games, right at the very top, and whether it's unsporting or cheap. Also, what the difference is between an all-in and a cheese.
    They're both based off the same principle; usually every cheese is an all in, but not every all in is a cheese. A cheese is more of a sucker punch that's done super early into a game, but you can macro yourself out of it if you don't commit too much (so if I six pooled and then immediately made drones and expanded after my first 6 lings). Where as a typical all in would be like a protoss 8 gate off of two bases.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Zait- View Post
    They're both based off the same principle; usually every cheese is an all in, but not every all in is a cheese. A cheese is more of a sucker punch that's done super early into a game, but you can macro yourself out of it if you don't commit too much (so if I six pooled and then immediately made drones and expanded after my first 6 lings). Where as a typical all in would be like a protoss 8 gate off of two bases.
    The bolded bit is word for word what I put earlier, I think there was some kind of conversation after but I didn't read it as I was busy getting smashed off cheap wine. I'm glad we agree though
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-06-23 at 07:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Some people just got a little bit upset about TaeJa 11/11ing TLO at dreamhack

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    Some people just got a little bit upset about TaeJa 11/11ing TLO at dreamhack
    Oh that. That was nothing imo.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did I only just hear about this?

http://i.imgur.com/6gVfxvO.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm off to Belgium for a good 8-ish days tomorrow. Gonna have a lot of fun, the only annoying part is that my skill level drops so rapidly when I don't play.

Can't be helped. I'll see you guys later. Take care.

10+ Year Old Account
    See you next week, who knows, even I might be able to beat you?!

---------- Post added 2013-06-24 at 05:40 PM ----------

http://drop.sc/345719

I call this one the "Backdoor Battering" and "Baneling Blitzkrieg".

Stupid walloff fucked me up at the start, proceeded to lose an entire army to Banelings because I couldn't drop forcefields because MSC was in same group (this is why I never used to take it with me but learnt otherwise... gota learn control groups now) and then a failed warp in the back with warp prism. Another counter attack and losing loads of stuff, followed by a huge warp prism attack catching him off guard leading to my eventual winning, although it was close the whole way through.

\o/

Deleted
    UGHHHHH!!! ZvZ does my head in! EVERYONE in silver to platinum are just going for the cheapest and earliest one base shite builds in the world. Just lost 3 games in a row, first 2 to some 10pool with spines in my base and another to some bane/slow ling cheese

Sigh now even Terran are going 1 base drops.....wtf is happening today.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2013-06-25 at 01:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys having problems playing 1v1? The button is greyed out for me... says unavailable... The others work fine though, for team games.

---------- Post added 2013-06-25 at 03:19 PM ----------

Fixed now... just rebooted and seems ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah when that happens you have to just log out and back in. Happens randomly for me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to thank this thread and its posters for helping me decide to buy Heart of the Swarm. I've just finished the campaign, and the game was well worth the $40.

My only gripe is that the evolution missions got a bit stale after a while. Too many of them were: "There are these two exotic animals. Kill them. Essence."

Also, fuck Dehaka. That is one annoying voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Neganova, does this mean you're gona come play online with us? I think Charge Me Doctor has or is setting up an mmochampion clan of some sort too, which will make it easier to do team games and such, and then there's always here to ask for people to play against/strategies to learn. I am Merinicus #524 if you want to get in contact in game. That's assuming you're on EU, just forgot that this isn't EU only >.<

If you do play online add me too, kelsul #327, on eu that is

10+ Year Old Account
    MLG starting tonight. Should be good.

Am I blind or on the list of participants, names such as Flash, Life, Innovation, Bomber and such are missing? Any reason? Travel? A tournament in korea? Not invited? Am confused about that one. Or maybe I've just missed it.

I did note that Maximusblack was on the list though, will definitely be checking out his games as I'm a massive fan of lag.tv and I send in replays

Edit: Ignore me, it's a 128 person tournament and I only read about 60 names on the list. I'm sure some of them will be there
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2013-06-28 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    MLG starting tonight. Should be good.

Am I blind or on the list of participants, names such as Flash, Life, Innovation, Bomber and such are missing? Any reason? Travel? A tournament in korea? Not invited? Am confused about that one. Or maybe I've just missed it.

I did note that Maximusblack was on the list though, will definitely be checking out his games as I'm a massive fan of lag.tv and I send in replays

Edit: Ignore me, it's a 128 person tournament and I only read about 60 names on the list. I'm sure some of them will be there
    No they won't be there. Mostly because of WCS Korea happening shortly before it, and because this is not a usual MLG and has a much lower Prizepool.

MLG got really boned by Blizzard not even covering a fraction of the costs for WCS America, so they had to really cut back on this MLG Anaheim.