10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Well for the past few matches since I discovered the oracle opening as it kinda made sense to me, I've found it easier to hold a 4 gate than with the robo. Just did it to 2 4 gates in a row. The robo costing 200/100 and the Stargate 150/150 - then an immortal being 250/100 and oracle being 150/150, and I normally only have a mineral shortage early game, rather than gas. This lets me get more zealots out (I go up to 3 gates and have like ~3 zealots and 2-5 stalkers when the 4 gate arrives) and sometimes a MSC if I don't forget to macro at home Was surprised how well the oracle holds its own against a Stalker! I thought it'd be like wet paper but nope, and man those things can kill pylons in a not too painful length of time...
    The best defense is offence heh. But i find oracle opening too weak against stationary defenses. If enemy scouted/spotted your oracle, he can rush forge and secure his workers. Or just leave 3 stalkers at base and proceed pushing/containing you.
    At start of HotS i've seen a lot of oracle openings and i haven't lost to any of it. Probably because of me being too paranoid about what enemy is going to do and throwing Cannons everywhere.

I don't like the idea of attacking 4 gate protoss, because he will always have more units than you (if you are not 4-gating). At the point when he attacks me, i can retaliate him and push forward with immortals in attempt to destroy pylons that powers up his gates, right after it i throw nexus, retreat, wait for more units, and finish him off because i am way ahead in tech than he. us
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you online later? And what's your ID (can't remember if I added you!) but you said you've set up that mmoc clan and I might as well join, at the moment I just have the ideal gas law (pVnRT as it won't let me put an = )

And hmm if that happens I just pull them back and use them in defense, instead of just 1 oracle I build 3, but I don't wait for all 3 before attacking. If they have static D then I just pull them back and use them in defense but if I feel confident enough and there are holes, I can use them for scouting. Thing is with leaving 3 stalkers behind, if I macro even adequately then I can hold off a 4 gate with just zealots and stalkers. Now subtract 3 stalkers. But yeah I'll have like 2 oracles as you Chrono them, and they're great in defense because they eat zealots so fast as they count as light And they make short work of stalkers too, 15 damage every 0.9 seconds. Quite nice dps. If I see someone go for a forge and a FE then you can set up a really good contain and starve them by threatening, making them run workers a lot and the army a lot as well. Lets me safely expand and outmacro them, and I've already got better tech because I have a stargate, can just build a few void rays and melt the stalkers.

When it starts being countered a bit better then I'll come up with new ideas but its working for now

---------- Post added 2013-07-01 at 07:21 PM ----------

For Doctor, the replays you asked for:

http://drop.sc/347006 <--- That one versus a reaper opening. This should have failed because the reapers scouted it. He shoulda dropped an Eng bay and got some turrets immediately but instead he waited for my oracle to kill his reapers before building any marines whatsoever even though he saw the Stargate. He still probably woulda lost because he let his production sit idle but... woulda been an easy counter.

http://drop.sc/347007 <--- This one the guy tried to do a widow mine drop. Both my oracle play and his drop were slow though. I also lost an oracle stupidly. However, because you get multiple oracles, and they can be detectors, you should be ok against the widow mine drop build. If he's already buried one though in his base then you're in trouble, at that point it's best to pull back, and expand.

http://drop.sc/347008 <--- This one exhibits my horrible horrible macro behind the attack. I contained him and made his army go back and forth as well as getting a good scout. The attack is late here because I built up a ground army too and planned to make him move his army back with the oracle and then push up the front with my army. However, seeing how effective the oracle was being I thought I'd keep going with that.

http://drop.sc/347009 <--- An example of attempted aggression and the oracle crippled his reinforcements by destroying economy. His one stalker defending did nothing. In this one (Unlike the first one, my question about 4 gate = cheese?) I didn't macro behind so I needed my oracle to help defend and it did a fine job indeed. Also shows how oracles aren't bad vs Pylons too

(sorry for spam everyone, just helping a fellow protoss)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    On another topic, are gasless armies an actual thing in this game? Played a PvT where the opponent only made Marines and never harvested gas during the game, and despite him containing me on one base, I was able to beat his all-Marine army with Stalkers, Zealots, and Colossi, and he left the game shortly after losing his entire Marine army. I would assume that only Terran would be able to pull this off because Marines can attack air and ground units.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    On another topic, are gasless armies an actual thing in this game? Played a PvT where the opponent only made Marines and never harvested gas during the game, and despite him containing me on one base, I was able to beat his all-Marine army with Stalkers, Zealots, and Colossi, and he left the game shortly after losing his entire Marine army. I would assume that only Terran would be able to pull this off because Marines can attack air and ground units.
    I think gasless army won't stand long without upgrades (marines without shield are not that good). So if you managed to hold the first push of marines, you can easily win this because of upgrade and tech advantage.
    I follow the advice from MerinPally for making oracles if you spot an early attack, if enemy moves out his entire army without static defense on base (and if it's early attack, there is no talk about any kind of static defense) your oracle will kill all his workers and enemy will have to go all-in, surrender, or delay his attack by moving army back to base to defend.
    But if enemy decides to go all-in, you need to be sure that you can hold your base with sentries and stalkers (without scan, marines can't see what's going on on ramp and you can just shoot them from above).

Today i lost battle and a game to terran turtle. I've managed to build 3 carriers without getting spotted, killed his third base, and with stalker/carrier/zealot/mothership/immortal army moved on enemy. He had bunch of thors, a lot of vikings and a lot of marines. I A-clicked to his base aaand... FPS dropped to 10 and i couldn't micro immortals to thors and stalkers to vikings. SAD DAY. I think i need to vacuum clean my PC, when it's dusted it acts like this
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2013-07-02 at 04:42 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I think gasless army won't stand long without upgrades (marines without shield are not that good). So if you managed to hold the first push of marines, you can easily win this because of upgrade and tech advantage.
    I follow the advice from MerinPally for making oracles if you spot an early attack, if enemy moves out his entire army without static defense on base (and if it's early attack, there is no talk about any kind of static defense) your oracle will kill all his workers and enemy will have to go all-in, surrender, or delay his attack by moving army back to base to defend.
    But if enemy decides to go all-in, you need to be sure that you can hold your base with sentries and stalkers (without scan, marines can't see what's going on on ramp and you can just shoot them from above).
    Forgot about the Sentries. The 3 Colossi I did make in that game did good work though, I think one of them got 40 kills.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Forgot about the Sentries. The 3 Colossi I did make in that game did good work though, I think one of them got 40 kills.
    And now imagine how good Storm woulda been in that situation I never used to like storm I thought I was terrible at it, I've become a convert since I started playing again though. It's great against bio heavy armies or roach/hydra or anything with a lot of lings and hydras in it. Best bit is that if you have half decent HT control and keep them alive, archons do huge damage to bio and it's splash. Think with 3/3 you can almost 1 shot a combat shield marine that is also 3/3. So if you had an upgrade lead, you'd 1 shot him. Beautiful
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been fooled by a terran =( I scouted wall of bunker, supply depo and 1 barrack on his second and i thought he was going to make MMM. But he haven't taken his second base, he just walled it off and kept producing from 1 base

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post

Today i lost battle and a game to terran turtle. I've managed to build 3 carriers without getting spotted, killed his third base, and with stalker/carrier/zealot/mothership/immortal army moved on enemy. He had bunch of thors, a lot of vikings and a lot of marines. I A-clicked to his base aaand... FPS dropped to 10 and i couldn't micro immortals to thors and stalkers to vikings. SAD DAY. I think i need to vacuum clean my PC, when it's dusted it acts like this
    You guys sure are using wierd starts against each other.

Deleted
    Haha, TLO knocked out by MaNa 2-1, rip in peace /r/starcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    I LIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEEEEE

Good thing you kept the thread somewhat active while I was gone. Now let me reassume command

I feel that my skills haven't dropped THAT much, but I have yet to play a game. I'm gonna need a couple of customs before I jump back onto the ladder though.

https://twitter.com/lorangerchris/st...77835936460800 <-- this is lovely
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can i change displayed account on battle.net sc2 forum? I don't want to see this crappy starter account

10+ Year Old Account
    Has something with the dropdown thing in the top right corner to do. Sorry but I can't check for you right now.
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wass View Post
    Has something with the dropdown thing in the top right corner to do. Sorry but I can't check for you right now.
    There is one dropdown menu on account name (leads to "profile" and "my posts"). and two in top right corner, but one of them is for navigation on battle.net and second for support tickets and other things. Tried to open a ticket but it asked my for a scan of my passport, but issue don't bothers me so much that i'm going to borrow a scanner from my parents (they live in other city). So, i browsed google to find an answer but there was nothing about having two SC2 accounts (when i inter a game and enter my email/pass i have a dropdown menu for both of them, first one is trial-account from wings of liberty, the second one is my real account) and changing which of them will show up on battle.net forum.
    So i decided to ask here.

I need it because i can't get a link of my real sc2 account on battle.net, which is needed here http://www.esl.eu/eu/sc2/go4sc2/
    And yes, i know, my skill is too low for tournaments, but i think participation won't hurt me

Flash VS Innovation coming up, man that should be good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Flash VS Innovation coming up, man that should be good.
    Hellbat drops. :P

Well, don't wanna spoil, but that series sure didn't go as I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my, I missed my 2 heroes play each other? D:

Damnit.

Are you allowed to go back and watch vods, or do you need to pay for that?

Regardless, it wasn't a very exciting series. The first game was pretty funny though.

Deleted
    They are rebroadcasting the whole thing later today and VODs are free up to 480p.

Flash looked really unhappy after the first game. Don't blame him either