10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    1680x1050

You are noticing the same things as I have. Parts of the screen look fine while other parts look like they are on a setting lower than low.

Man, if I knew that this was the way the gaming industry would go I would have learned how to QA my own games.
    Well, usually such a thing happens when the textures are not loaded fast enough by the GPU, so some parts are already rendered and look fine, while others are not. Maybe in your case the texture load keeps stopping for some reason before it's done? Hard to say whether it is the game's fault or something else is in play.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, I'm not having any issues whatsoever with everything on Ultra. It's just your shitty computer and shitty resolution that is making everything look buttfuck ugly. Sorry dude. But shitty computers have to deal with games looking shitty. A lot of games look really bad when played at medium and below. It's not the developers fault that people play on potatoes but expect their games to still look ZOMG AMAZEBALLS. They have to keep the game playable for you somehow.
    Well, if everything was fine until the latest patch, and not fine after that, then, indeed, something went wrong...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Yeah, I'm not having any issues whatsoever with everything on Ultra. It's just your shitty computer and shitty resolution that is making everything look buttfuck ugly. Sorry dude. But shitty computers have to deal with games looking shitty. A lot of games look really bad when played at medium and below. It's not the developers fault that people play on potatoes but expect their games to still look ZOMG AMAZEBALLS. They have to keep the game playable for you somehow.
    No offense bro but most people don't play those games on Ultra in the first place and since you can't even tell the difference between low graphic settings and glitchy rendering, I think that this discussion might be a little over your head!

Anyway it's getting late and I have manure to shovel so I think that we're done here. Feel free to continue arguing the merits of sucking corporate dick with yourself or with captain zergling over there.

Quote Originally Posted by I Regret Nothing View Post
    No offense bro but most people don't play those games on Ultra in the first place and since you can't even tell the difference between low graphic settings and glitchy rendering, I think that this discussion might be a little over your head!

Anyway it's getting late and I have manure to shovel so I think that we're done here. Feel free to continue arguing the merits of sucking corporate dick with yourself or with captain zergling over there.
    So mature. Much wow. Many butthurt.

-Infraction worth.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-08-06 at 09:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Somebody linked me this article: http://kotaku.com/report-blizzard-re...-hd-1784863397 (Sorry, it's Kotaku)

Apparently, there's a HD remake of the original starcraft in the works.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Somebody linked me this article: http://kotaku.com/report-blizzard-re...-hd-1784863397 (Sorry, it's Kotaku)

Apparently, there's a HD remake of the original starcraft in the works.
    September? Wow! That's amazing news! I hope they release HD remakes of Warcraft 1/2 as well at some point, those games didn't age well at all.

For now though, there is a great Starcraft 1 remake in Starcraft 2, with both the original campaigns and Brood War ones:
    https://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/starcraft-mass-recall/
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

I kinda hope it's true, because the original brood war is a pain to play, it didn't age well. But kotaku isn't new to pull news up their asses so i'm not holding my breath and i also kinda torn on this remake bonanza that's so common these few years to resell an older game for an higher price.
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

Small spoiler for the end of Nova Covert Ops pt 2, but I just had to point out how amazing this just struck me as. 18 years later and they still reference something that happened in Brood War's iconic ending:

Also sorry for my voice at the beginning, I had no video from the end of the Covert Ops video but my Let's Play. Little things like this absolutely make my day and I loved that they referenced the end of BW in the CO pt 2 ending.

The nova missions are good, but they constantly remind me why I hate episodic games. I had already forgotten what happened in the first pack. Plus, 9 missions seems to be too little to tell an engaging story. Especially if you distribute it over a year. If we continue with cliche my guess is that in pack 3 we will have a fight against one of our brainwashed ghostfriends where we probably kill him in a very emotional way.

I wonder if they will announce another pack at blizzcon. It just doesnt seem like this one made big waves.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or is the sc2 multiplayer losing alot of its players. I keep getting the same opponents over and over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji47 View Post
    Is it just me or is the sc2 multiplayer losing alot of its players. I keep getting the same opponents over and over.
    There is still quite a lot of players, I'd say - but yes, the numbers dwindled somewhat. They've been going down since 2014 or so.

I play only arcade maps, and some maps are still crazily popular, while some died out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss playing Starcraft II. About every 9 months I get a inch too play the campaign again. Still waiting on the separate MMR per race before I play more however.

I hope SC HD is based on the Starcraft II engine. Think of all the new art assets and tile sets added for the galaxy editor. I have been planing too start my own project with it, but I might need to hire some help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I miss playing Starcraft II. About every 9 months I get a inch too play the campaign again. Still waiting on the separate MMR per race before I play more however.

I hope SC HD is based on the Starcraft II engine. Think of all the new art assets and tile sets added for the galaxy editor. I have been planing too start my own project with it, but I might need to hire some help.
    I tried SC2 map making, but, ugh... The editor is so complicated and bloated with information. :/ It takes ages to make one unit with all properties customized. And the scripting language is a bit of a mess too.

I miss less functional, yet much more to-the-point WC3 world editor!

Quote Originally Posted by Seifa View Post
    I kinda hope it's true, because the original brood war is a pain to play, it didn't age well. But kotaku isn't new to pull news up their asses so i'm not holding my breath and i also kinda torn on this remake bonanza that's so common these few years to resell an older game for an higher price.
    Yeah, my friends and I decided to play a few matches in Brood War not too long ago, just for shits and giggles. It's amazing how I spent so many hours playing that game in my college days but struggled with it after I'd been used to SC2 for a while. SC2 brought along a lot of conveniences that we take for granted now but didn't have in Brood War (automatically sending workers straight to a mineral node when they pop out of a command center, more than 12 to a control group, etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Small spoiler for the end of Nova Covert Ops pt 2, but I just had to point out how amazing this just struck me as. 18 years later and they still reference something that happened in Brood War's iconic ending:

Also sorry for my voice at the beginning, I had no video from the end of the Covert Ops video but my Let's Play. Little things like this absolutely make my day and I loved that they referenced the end of BW in the CO pt 2 ending.
    i just finished 2nd pack, and what was that reference ?

btw song name ? inb4 darude - sandstorm

Oh the video is gone now for some reason.

The reference was to the end of Brood War.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Oh the video is gone now for some reason.

The reference was to the end of Brood War.
    can u be more specific cuz im curious ?

The end of Brood War when General DuGalle commits suicide is the same song used as when Valerian calls to tell that woman that he's stepping down.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh and do u know how its called ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me stupid, but i sense incoming nerfs for Nova in CO-OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is the mental checklist when playing sc2 ?
    im bad at macro and keep forgetting things.

also what are the most macro-intensive commanders for all 3 races ?
    the least macro is nova so i rather avoid her for now not to get bad macro habits.