Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    Comp is in my sig, and it this game runs like utter crap. Even with the new Rage performance drivers, it runs like shit. At least with Catalyst 11.9 drivers I could actually play, but with the Rage performance drivers, I get horrible stuttering (not even microstutter, but just plain freezing every 5-10 seconds, making it unplayable). Even though Catalyst 11.9 works, the texture popping is just too annoying and the fact that the game clearly looks like it's mean to be run on a system with 10MB eDRAM, 100MB DDR2 and a 5-generation old GPU just makes this disgustingly unplayable. John Carmack really screwed the pooch on this one.

It's also not just AMD cards, but some Nvidia cards are getting hammered with the texture popping as well. And the horrible low-res textures make Dragon Age 2's textures look like true-to-life. Really hoping Carmack redeems this game with a major PC fix like he said id would. Fingers' crossed.
    Did you try the link I posted above your post? I don't think it will help with your stuttering, but it helps a ton with the texture popping. Everything about your computer is better than mine, and mine plays very smooth with very little texture popping. After adding in the file in the link the texture popping is just barely a problem for me, and I wouldn't be surprised if it eliminates it completely for people with a better graphics card than what I'm using.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    1. I thought he's not responsible for creating/drawing the in-game art :O
    2. wulfen texture pack?? Bad, very bad boy, Maconi...

P.S. Textures pop up even on GTX 580, so it's something to do with the virtual texture streaming. My guess, id will perfect it in the next iteration of the engine.
    Last edited by fableman; 2011-10-05 at 11:00 PM.

Have you tried the fixes I was talking about? Those completely fixed the texture pop in and it makes the game read the VRAM properly so you don't how low resolution/shitty textures

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 05:53 AM ----------

Sigh I take it back, this is a PoS, now everytime I try to load to go somewhere the game just crashes..
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

It's been a long time since I played a video game that made me jump because it surprised me/scared the shit out of me. Rage has done it twice now, freakin mutants...

I personally don't play these games but my bf does and I enjoy watching him play them so I was pretty excited for this game to come out. Too bad even after they supposedly fixed the amd issues the users with a 5770 were left in the dust still, and that's what we both have. I wish they would let you exchange the PC version for the 360 version or something. =/ If you haven't bought it yet and have a console that can play it, I recommend getting it on there instead.

I run an ATI 5570 on this computer currently, and I get shitty FPS on it right now.

But, running it before on the 11.9 ATI Catalyst drivers, I was having all the commonly reported issues of screen flickering/tearing/slow texture loading and etc. I went and uninstalled all of my ATI drivers and rolled them back to the 11.8 drivers, and found that all of those problems vanished. To be safe, I went into my 3D settings and set it all to Optimal Performance instead of the HD settings, and that helped a little bit. I also managed to download the 140 mb Hotfix for RAGE that AMD had put out, and noticed a little difference, but seeing as how my FPS ranges from 5 - 15, I really couldn't notice any improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It's been a long time since I played a video game that made me jump because it surprised me/scared the shit out of me. Rage has done it twice now, freakin mutants...
    That shit has scared me a couple times as well, and the music can really put you in the mood too in places like the Dead City.

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectDarkL33t View Post
    That shit has scared me a couple times as well, and the music can really put you in the mood too in places like the Dead City.
    That's exactly where it happened lol, I was trying to get to the hospital to get my defibrillator upgrade. That was an awesome quest.

The sound really does put you in the mood, the piano music is perfect, and combined with the noises the mutants make it can just be spooky as hell.

---------- Post added 2011-10-06 at 06:00 PM ----------

I thought the Mutant Bash TV place was pretty creepy too.

Deleted
    gonna wait a while before i grab this. it looks interesting but there is still graphical glitches on even the best set ups. seen a video of a guy playing with an overclocked 580 and texture popping STILL happens in some areas. this is unacceptable if you ask me and quite how this got past testing and put out to the public is beyond me. really disappointed.

Don't bother. The game is a huge letdown. Single player is basically around 10 hours without doing the racing part which gets boring in first city. It also doesn't really have any story to it. Short game to play only if you're really bored.

I have to say, with the fixes I've done to prevent that retarded auto-balancing system (the one that says "Hey! You've got a 2.66Ghz Core i7 and a GTX470, here, have some SHIT GRAPHICS") from working, it's looking alright. Not great, but the game graphical style reminds me heavily of Borderlands (sans-edge outlines), crossed with Fallout (1/2, more than 3).

Enjoyable? Yes. Pain in the ass to make it so? Yes. Worth the money spent? Probably not, I'm only an hour into it at most but it does seem to be "Go to this outpost, do that, do this thing too, go to the next outpost".
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    it does seem to be "Go to this outpost, do that, do this thing too, go to the next outpost".
    That's pretty much what it is, but the quests get better. Once you start getting quests where you have to kill mutants (instead of other humans) it starts getting better. The mutants are just a much better opponent, the way they run to you is just awesome. They don't always charge to you in a straight line, they'll strafe and jump around, run on the ceiling/walls to get to you, they climb up the wall if you're above them, and jump at you from like 15 feet away. Sometimes they just come out of nowhere, like they'll crawl up through a hole in the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Im going to wait and grab it for my Xbox360. From the sounds of it, its fucking FO3 all over again.... Im not going through that again and I learned my lesson when FO:NV didnt play any better on my PC. At least the console versions dont have to be modded to fix skipping.

Core 2 Quad Q6600
    6gig Corsair Extreme
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 SE

(ya I have issues with FO games with the above specs, ridiculous...)
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2011-10-07 at 08:43 PM.