Deleted

Chakra animation is very distracting.

Can we remove that?

10+ Year Old Account
    But... it purty!
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    Sorry, but it feels stupid to remove a good element from the game just because "it distracts us". I can give you an advice to avoid the distraction;

Stop looking down on your character.

Deleted
    I don't know if you're a raider but there are things on the ground.

I've yet to be "distracted" by some little glowy circles around my character. I've also yet to not see a raid mechanic because of it.

So....yeah, stop looking down at your character, or zoom out more?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

If what happened to Divine Aegis is any indication, expect to see Chakra's animation nerfed from it's current awesomeness to the digital equivalent of a dull candle..
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1088014.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was truly distracting they would've changed it by now. You're only the second person I've heard about who feels like this.
    Also, if you're distracted by shiny, pulsing things videogames might not be for you.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I think OP is referring to priests who AFK in cities with Chakra active and also, it is not the 'animation' that is the distracting thing... its the damn annoying noise the ability produces when its left active...

That is my understanding of the 'distraction' that OP describes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    I think OP is referring to priests who AFK in cities with Chakra active and also, it is not the 'animation' that is the distracting thing... its the damn annoying noise the ability produces when its left active...

That is my understanding of the 'distraction' that OP describes.
    Except "animation" refers to visual, not sound. So, no, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the ground visualization.

And, I agree with him. It can be annoying and distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragragh View Post
    Except "animation" refers to visual, not sound. So, no, I'm pretty sure he's talking about the ground visualization.

And, I agree with him. It can be annoying and distracting.

While I don't agree about the animation (i love it, and honestly I want more flash from WoW's spell and melee animations not less), I can get on board with changing the sound so that it doesn't persist the way it currently does

i.e. if you click Chakra, but don't cast a spell that puts you into a Chakra state, the Chakra sound persists until you do. Instead, it could be designed to persist for just 5 seconds then stop. If you need the audio trigger to know that you are in a Chakra state, they could add another quick sound effect that only occurs when the state is triggered.
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1088014.jpg

Been raiding as Holy all expansion, and the only place I had issues with the visual effects of Chakara was on Shannox (with his traps at your feet) and even then only initially. Like friendly AoE visuals, ability noises, and the like, your mind filters it out as white noise and it doesn't get in the way of seeing stuff once you acclimate. It's fine.

The audible effect from Chakra and Inner Focus however needs to stfu. D-bags who sit in cities and let it rip are not as cool as they think they are /golfclap

15+ Year Old Account
    I find the Chakra pulse annoying on Shannox.

The chakra animation was kinda bad on shannox the first night, before DBM had an announcement for traps near you to make it easy.

PS: You can put a blank file named precastmagelow.wav in /Data/Sound/Spells — no more annoying chakra sound.

I'm fine with the Chakra pulse, I think it's a great and unique aspect of being a Holy priest and I would rather they keep it in the game. It's the reason I love doing Ragnaros is because I can go Holy for that fight and use my Chakra abilities and see that cool animation.

On the Shannox fight it's not a biggie either, just requires you to pay attention (which you should be as well) and DBM has made it easier as well.. Even though I'm now Disc on every fight in FL but I was Holy for the first few weeks we were attempting Shannox. Made me a better player though

With the recent nerfs to Firelands, all the fights are quite doable as Holy.

I'm pretty tired of it too. I'd love for there to be a minor glyph that removed the visual effect.

It helps me pick out the bad healers in BG's....

Quote Originally Posted by Sakamae View Post
    It helps me pick out the bad healers in BG's....
    Until you run across a pvp holy priest who knows what he or she is doing and get caught in a +20sec CC chain. =P

I love the Chakra animation.

When I was playing Disc in Wrath, I always felt like I was much more visually distinctive than when I was Holy. I had shields and Aegis popping up on people, and glowy love orbs flying around; Holy just wasn't as visually present. The Chakra circles, and to a lesser degree Body and Soul run-buff sparks, added something that was immediately identifiable as a Holy priest. Which for me, was an awesome addition.