Some hardware upgrade advice needed.

Hi,

at the moment my PC is running with an Nvidia GTX 275 and a i5 750 @2.6 (stock). I had my eyes at a i5 2500k CPU and Nvidia GTX 560 Ti as eventual upgrades. Now since im not sure i want to spend the money at once, and eventualy start out with buying just one of those, what would you advise me to pick as the better upgrade ?

Thank you all in advance

For WoW motherboard+cpu, for all other games GTX560ti.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    i5 2500k first, it'll be a bigger upgrade and they cost around the same.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    For WoW motherboard+cpu, for all other games GTX560ti.
    Brings me back to , would the i5 2500 work with this motherboard at all : Asus P7P55D LE or i also need to replace that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibu View Post
    Brings me back to , would the i5 2500 work with this motherboard at all : Asus P7P55D LE or i also need to replace that ?
    Nop, doesn't work. New motherboard will increase your budget by $100-200. Also if your current RAM sticks are really cheap and frugal you might want to upgrade those too (old 1066MHz's).
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

What is the problem with your current setup?

If you arent experiencing any major problems id hold onto your money and upgrade at a later date

Just a suggestion

Yeah, overclock that i5 and you'll be good to go until you can afford a complete upgrade. My wife's got an i5-750 and GTX275 as well, I have hers clocked up to 3.4GHz and she loves it. Unless you're unhappy with your setup, it's probably worth it to wait for GTX600/HD7000/Ivy Bridge/Bulldozer and the respective benchmarks to make your decision.
    Super casual.