Deleted

2v2 warlock holy paladin

Hey,

I was wondering if warlock and holy paladin & warlock still is a good comp to play nowadays?
    The thing is agains melee dps + healer the lock cant seem to pop some decent dps. He is affliction atm, his name is styks on lightbringer EU

Any tips or just forget about this comp and play with feral/warr/dk

Cy

It's a decent comp, but playing with a feral or dk would've been easier.

p.s.: your warlock has ok gear, so I guess the issue with low dps might be of a different origin.
    Last edited by Dewinter; 2011-10-05 at 11:56 AM.

Deleted
    It is definitely viable, I can't remember what win-loss I am on at the moment but it is around 75% if I can remember correctly (armory is in my sig). The only thing is that the games do take a long time and your Warlock does have to be very good at keeping damage high constantly. It is harder to play than most Paladin comps in 2v2 and you will have quite a lot of 47 minute games but the survivability is insane. If we properly turtle, we don't die. If you are needing tips, PM me.

Don't do 2s as a lock. All you're asking for is long games, you should be playing 3s/rbgs to get your weekly points.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    Don't do 2s as a lock. All you're asking for is long games, you should be playing 3s/rbgs to get your weekly points.
    If you play Mage/Lock which I did for a while, the games are VERY fun and you have a chance against most setups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpwojcik View Post
    I have to go with this. Warlock/healer is almost unkillable, but it's very hard to get any kills yourself and you will likely only beat double dps teams or when the healer makes a crucial mistake. Oh and warlock/dps is not viable in 2v2 if you ain't just doing it for points. People will rape warlocks without a healer there to keep him alive.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i played this last week, went 6-1 to finish off points cap, but all the games against other dps/healer teams took 20mins+
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can work if played properly, however that being said any other healer would be a better choice due to them being able to put out more offensive pressure (via better CC, offensive dispels and or more damage) and because all other healers have absorbs or heal over time spells which will keep the dps team mate alive while the healer eats a long CC chain.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quosk1867 View Post
    If you play Mage/Lock which I did for a while, the games are VERY fun and you have a chance against most setups.
    This ^ exactly, the sheer amount of CC & constant pressure that a warlock/mage combo can put out is insane & it makes it very easy for them to chain CC one enemy to bring down the other without interference.
    Last edited by zcks; 2011-10-08 at 07:10 AM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.