Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuetea View Post
    I think, basically, what he's trying to say is that this isn't about the the things that you're the most proud of, out of all the things you've ever done. This isn't about that greatest moment in your life when you were stood teary-eyed on a podium in front of trillions of people being handed an award by the prime minister of the universe. Perhaps I'm mistaken but I think he's trying to explain that this is more about the things that you're most proud of within a videogame context (as in: excluding all the wells and schools you've built in africa and all the fair trade chocolate bars you bought from tesco this one time to help poor farmers).

Obviously you have some feeling about everything you do, on a sliding scale from embarrassment to indifference to pride, and even if everything you do within the confines of a videogame is somewhere between embarrassment and indifference (this probably says more about you than him, just so you know!) then there's still that one thing, or those couple of things that are futher towards "proud" than all the others, even if they are really far down compared to all your other past glories.

To give a (hypothetical) example, while you may not be "proud" of that one time you got a world-first m'uru kill, you're still MORE proud of it than the time where you wiped on post-nerf shannox for hours, or the time (hypothetically, remember) you got super fucked up on crystal meth and woke up in a soup kitchen with your head inside a goat's skull and a broomhandle lodged a good 2 feet into your clunge. These are the kind of things the OP was asking about. I know it's pretty confusing that the thread title didn't go into this much detail and you seemed to have misunderstood the intent, but that's okay. It's not really your fault because you can't put much description in a thread title, and there arn't really many words to use that are more appropriate than "proud" in this situation, even if it's a little bit misleading at first!

I hope this cleared things up for you so you can join in with the conversation, and happy posting!
    Well said. I figured the details of the title would come to mind when you notice that it is in the video game section.

I'm not sure how you could be more proud of being fucked up on drugs or wiping which are incredibly counter-productive things compared to getting a world first those are completely extreme ended examples and none that anyone should take pride in.

I get this is about video games, but what is there to take pride in? The way I've always seen pride is it's an egotistical device that is used to elevate you above others. I think it's petty when talking about pride in video games because it's simply an e-peen fest and honestly nobody actually cares what you do because it's simply just a game.

Sticking it to Blizzard by playing from PTR to PTR for free for the past year.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibzombie View Post
    I'm undefeated in fuzion frenzy for like 7 years running.
    Me and my brothers always played Fusion Frenzy, it was the only good multiplayer game we had on the original Xbox, but I was like 7, and I sucked.

I will go over to NewYork and I will battle you in a Fusion Frenzy winner take all loser crys in his lonesome showdown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having every achievement on every bioware game and dlc currently out on the Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    If you uninstalled and quit the game (i doubt it) why are you spending time on forums dedicated to it? That is kinda sad.
    I quit WoW but as long as you don't run around boasting about it, it's fine to linger on this site. There are lots of other cool topics which come up with nothing to do with WoW and the community is great.

Not playing Wow so much. Because they're games.

Also this forum isn't a WoW forum. It's a video game forum. Methinks the word 'dedicated' is being misused.

- Beating and unlocking EVERYTHING in "F-Zero GX"
    - Same deal with "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle" and "Sonic Adventure: Directors Cut" (the few who knows what this means will agree, it´s quite a feat)
    - Obtaining more than 100 mounts on one toon during WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    Uninstalling WoW
    What's this WoW of which you speak? I've never heard of it.

OT:

Getting all the awesome weapons after much farming in Castlevania: SotN
    Beating Fallout 1 and 2 (more awesome than proud moments I suppose, but still)
    Having everything obtained/beaten in RE4
    Getting some hardmode drakes/titles in WoW while they were still current content
    Catching random rare pokiemanz in various Pokemon games without using the master ball
    Roflstomping some hard fights while underleveled in Disgaea 2
    Then a few other random things

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    I'm not sure how you could be more proud of being fucked up on drugs or wiping which are incredibly counter-productive things compared to getting a world first those are completely extreme ended examples and none that anyone should take pride in.

I get this is about video games, but what is there to take pride in? The way I've always seen pride is it's an egotistical device that is used to elevate you above others. I think it's petty when talking about pride in video games because it's simply an e-peen fest and honestly nobody actually cares what you do because it's simply just a game.
    Well no shit, the whole thread is a dick measuring contest if you look at it that way-that's not the point- it's not the pride you're thinking of; no one is thinking pride as in self worth or dignity, we are all talking about pride as in accomplishment or satisfaction to ones self. It is also fun to read what other people have achieved; it's not as if everyone in here is shouting out their ego at others, "pffft that's your high school *snort* hate to brag but I have..." We all get that you're not into such childish things, but lighten up and just fucking say, "one time I beat pokemon and survived at 1hp and I was so excited." Even if you didn't scream and jump up and down, you no doubt thought to yourself, "fuck yeaaah"

So when you come in this thread saying you're better than everyone else and not into such trivial things you're just being a <snip>. Fuck, it's just video games, quit fucking comparing it to curing cancer or protecting the world from devastation.

Mod edit: Lay off the name-calling. You're free to disagree with someone, but keep it civil.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2011-10-06 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Super mario 64: beating bowser in the sky 4 times in a row. (noone cared, so I stopped, my thumb hurted anyway. )
    Super mario 64: doing every step of the speed run. (not a fast A-presser)
    Super mario 64: getting all 120 stars
    Donkey Kong 64: Beating the arcade game (to find out where the N64 munt was and how to get it..) << I only wanted the coin first but after 30-50 hours of looking everywhere I didn't find it. That was the longest time I've ever looked for something in a game.
    Zelda Ocarina of Time: completing the big spirit temple.
    Zelda majora's mask: completing the wedding questline, getting the couple's mask.
    Tonic Trouble: Completing the flying training.
    FFX: beating the chocobo race in 0:00.
    Mario Kart DS: 100% 3-stars (not sure about staff ghosts, did beat some)

U.S. First level 85. Was just going for realm first but when this news post

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...xes-Blue-Posts

showed up it was a hell of a nice surprise.

(That Zomgblitrate guy, dat's me)

Quote Originally Posted by grevlinghore View Post
    - Beating and unlocking EVERYTHING in "F-Zero GX"
    - Same deal with "Sonic Adventure 2: Battle"
    Done both to,hard stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm proud of saying that "gold per 10 seconds" items were broken for support character in League of Legends, like 4~6 months before high elo players started using. I had been claiming it at solomid.net forums, on a Janna thread, and everybody told me it was a stupid idea.

- As you won't be last hitting, you can't waste your gold.
    - That's exactly why it is good, it allows you to keep warding the map without last hitting, because you get the gold passivelly.
    - No, dude, you suck.

Of course, now that it was shown that I was right, no one remembers me.

my gf, my job, my car, my apartment, my honesty and respect for other ppl, staying away from drugs, not smoking (since 8-9ish months), killing my first roe deer, meeting Lemmy Kilmister, drinking with Lemmy Kilmister and ye the list can go on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many things and nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...nobody actually cares what you do because it's simply just a game.
    Are you nuts? A lot of people cares about what player do. People watch streams, championships, speedruns, money matches, etc. all the time.

I'm not sure if you want to sound mature or if you're just retarded, but your post makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by goneloco View Post
    my gf, my job, my car, my apartment, my honesty and respect for other ppl, staying away from drugs, not smoking (since 8-9ish months), killing my first roe deer, meeting Lemmy Kilmister, drinking with Lemmy Kilmister and ye the list can go on.
    See I can respect this.

Deleted
    Playing through Demons Souls 4 times without breaking my controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    See I can respect this.
    I can't.

What is your proudest moment in any video game!
    Not "What is your proudest moment in life"

That's not to say they stuff he listed is bad though, just quite off of the topic at hand. :P