Heroic Ragnaros Healing Setup

10m Raid Leader here looking for suggestions for comp setup for Rag.

We have:

Prot Paladin
    Feral Druid

Frost DK
    Hunter
    Spriest
    Warlock
    Mage

Hpal
    Resto Shaman (Ele)
    Resto Druid (Boomkin)

I am the resto druid with boomkin offspec. Should we go with the classic Resto Druid/Hpal healing comp with our shaman going ele? Or should I go boomkin for seeds and let the shaman heal? Bringing in different chars is not an option.
    Thanks for the advice guys!

You have a really amazing AoE comp already -- if you can't kill the elementals with a frost dk/hunter/spriest/warlock/mage (and possibly feral kitty) all AoEing them, that would be a problem. xD

Paladin + Druid. Though you should drop mushrooms to help out, they do a good amount of damage so no reason not to. Elemental is pretty good for this fight if you don't have aoe issues (you shouldn't) as the spec has a knockback, and fairly strong p3 dps due to excellent mobility.

Pretty good setup at least for learning and getting used to the fight. Its probably going to be better in the long run to have the shaman run elemental rather than be a third healer, but if your dps is good enough, you won't need the extra buffer and a 3rd healer is always nice to have.

Good luck with your attmepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleysia View Post
    You have a really amazing AoE comp already -- if you can't kill the elementals with a frost dk/hunter/spriest/warlock/mage (and possibly feral kitty) all AoEing them, that would be a problem. xD
    The problem we are having is the aoe because the mage/warlock/kitty cannot really go in melee to aoe because they will be eaten, right? We were going to try the spread out after the elementals spawn strat tonight to see if that helps things.

Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    The problem we are having is the aoe because the mage/warlock/kitty cannot really go in melee to aoe because they will be eaten, right? We were going to try the spread out after the elementals spawn strat tonight to see if that helps things.
    Sure they can, just have them drop their seeds outside the main stack point.

Quote Originally Posted by SHLAM View Post
    Mages/locks easily AOE by dropping seeds 15-20 yards outside of stack point, feral kitty I'm not quite sure how you'd want to do that... perhaps drop out w/ sprint who knows. But we use two mages, a boomkin and frost DK for adds and they're an absolute joke.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Have your prot pally BoP the lock about 3 seconds before the first seeds wave, he won't have aggro on any of them and he can stand right in them and hellfire

Quote Originally Posted by soulkeeperx View Post
    Have your prot pally BoP the lock about 3 seconds before the first seeds wave, he won't have aggro on any of them and he can stand right in them and hellfire
    Dropping seeds outside is easier aswell as safer for the lock... as a BoP will put that add's threat on someone else who's not expecting it. If anything BoP the Feral if needed, but you won't have BoP for every seed wave so using it to get through a wave isn't going to help you on the following wave(s).

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    Dropping seeds outside is easier aswell as safer for the lock... as a BoP will put that add's threat on someone else who's not expecting it. If anything BoP the Feral if needed, but you won't have BoP for every seed wave so using it to get through a wave isn't going to help you on the following wave(s).
    This is incorrect. If you BoP right before the seed cast, it prevents the Bopped person from ever getting a seed since only 7 out of 10 people get a seed on 10 man and 20 out of 25 on 25 man. Both Bopping and dropping seeds outside of the main stack pile are viable strategies and in addition, your mage can iceblock right before one of the seed casts and avoid getting a seed just like the bop mechanic.

Go Holy Paladin/Resto Druid.

Your AoE for the stack strategy looks fine. Can rotate bops on either your mage or warlock, I'd say the mage unless the warlock has CDs up (Arcane Explosion is better aoe then just Hellfire, plus the warlock can still seed spam and use his felguard for decent AoE), plus the mage can iceblock so he can be free to aoe all 3 of the seed spawns.

Your aoe comp is ridiculously good. Shouldn't need your boomkin ability, and you can still drop shrooms

Don't 3 heal.

Deleted
    Warlocks don't need to be in melee to do AoE damage. Their pet is enough. The mage will be pretty useless if he doesn't get into melee though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Warlocks don't need to be in melee to do AoE damage. Their pet is enough. The mage will be pretty useless if he doesn't get into melee though.

Video is courtesy of Minimemage from our mage forums, posted HERE

Same goes for Demo locks/Feral Druids.

Video is courtesy of Minimemage from our mage forums, posted HERE

Same goes for Demo locks/Feral Druids.
    Still not as efficient as getting a bop. A fine trick if you don't have access to at least 2 paladin bops, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Still not as efficient as getting a bop. A fine trick if you don't have access to at least 2 paladin bops, though.
    You're gonna get 2 waves of adds as minimum how are u gonna do the 2nd pair of adds when bop is 5min cd?...

We also use the "warlock/mage stay out" tactic and it works very nicely. No bops or iceblocks required.

Wether u bring a shaman or a druid isn't really gonna matter all to much. Dmg has been nerfed a lot. I would focus on p3 dps instead and let whatever combination that does the most dps there, be the setup.

Getting 1 meteor is crucial if you don't want to do it hard mode.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-10-05 at 10:00 PM.

Mages/locks easily AOE by dropping seeds 15-20 yards outside of stack point, feral kitty I'm not quite sure how you'd want to do that... perhaps drop out w/ sprint who knows. But we use two mages, a boomkin and frost DK for adds and they're an absolute joke.
    The tank currently tanking Rag never gets a seed/elemental, so if the druid tanks first and the pally taunts after seeds drop, that frees up the druid to go kitty and spam swipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    You're gonna get 2 waves of adds as minimum how are u gonna do the 2nd pair of adds when bop is 5min cd?...
    That's why I said 2 bops.

Deleted
    Druid + Paladin seems like a pretty solid combo for this fight, but I'm sure Druid/Shaman is pretty solid as well. Having Ancestral Healing never hurts.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-10-05 at 11:32 PM.

Resto druid can use shrooms on the seeds/moltens. I do this and end up about middle of the pack compared to the other DPS, definitely makes an impact.