10+ Year Old Account

Got some questions on Demon Souls!

Hello. I am planning on buying Demon Souls for the ps3 as tomorrow is the long weekend for us kiddies at schools and am hoping to splurge my free time with a good game. I just have a few questions before I make my choice and hope y'all can answer them to the best of your abilities .

1. Do you have to invest large amounts of time to complete anything? Such as in most Final Fantasy games, I had to get from point a to point b to save the game and with that, I invested 1 - 2 hours doing so.

2. I understand that the difficulty is high and I am all for it. However will the game be complex in anyway? Such as in the first question, does it add more time?

3. Is it your classic RPG or does it go far beyond that (from your experience)? Such as a classic RPG experience or something that is memorable.

4. Is this game much like any trial and error game? You make a mistake, you do it again until you get it right?

5. Did you guys lose your sanity playing this game?

Thanks .
    Last edited by Kickbuttmario; 2011-10-05 at 06:57 PM.

1. Yes & No. It's an auto-save system so you don't necessarily have to keep playing to reach that next save point. It's pretty good in the sense that you can stop mid-level and pick it back up where you left off if you need to quit for a bit. But it's punishing in that if you die there's no reloading to avoid the death penalties (lose all your built up souls until/unless you get to your bloodstain, start over at the beginning of the level with everything respawned, and if you were playing in human form you're put into soul form). So it's time consuming in that if you die you have to repeat a lot of stuff you already did and if I recall correctly the more you die the harder it gets.

2. I am not quite sure what you're asking about complexity here? It's complex in learning the appropriate strategies for various enemies (of course unless you look it up...) and not getting hit by traps at least the first time around.

3. To me it is not that much like a "classic" rpg, but a really tough action-rpg. The way things changed when you die, or beat bosses (the world tendency system) isn't really like something I have encountered in other RPGs and then the invasion system is different too. As far as story goes I have not beat it yet so I won't make a claim as to how memorable it is yet.

4. Yes, but more punishing than most I have played anyway due to the no reloading and other things mentioned in point #1. If you have a lot of souls built up you feel a bit of pressure to do it right the first time or at least try to die in a place you can recover from.

5. Not yet...but there's still time yet.

Like I said I have not beat it yet, so if someone else can flesh out the answers more that'd be cool.

I agree with what Athryl said and would like to add that the game's difficulty is one of the game's many good points, feels a lot more rewarding when you progress in the game.