10+ Year Old Account

Overcoming Hatred

Ever get in a situation where you absolutely have to deal with a person that you despise? This person has probably wronged you on many fronts, but let's say because of work/their relation to another person/whatever that you have to put up with them. This is the kind of hatred that is intense enough to keep you up at night. The person doesn't pose a real threat, but you have to overcome this feeling.

Can it be done?

And how?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can honestly say there's only one person in my 36 years of life that I could say I truly hated. I mean sure, everyone tosses the word around, even me... we say 'I hate X' when what we mean is 'X annoys the living hell out of me'. But I know the kind of hate that keeps you up at night, and believe me when I say, you have to deal with it or it will eat you alive inside. If you absolutely cannot escape that person in your life, the best thing you can do is be the decent and civil one, let the things they do roll off you like water, and let THEM be the one that shows people their true colors through their behavior. Be the better person, rise above it, and carry on.

...and with any kind of luck, someday you'll get the chance to refuse to attend their funeral, and instead spend the evening drinking and laughing with a handful of friends and family who all remember just what a worthless, irredeemable asshole that person really was. XD
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Write your thoughts on a piece of paper. What would you do to that person? Analyze them, ponder at how ridiculous and illogical your thoughts are. Rinse and repeat daily. Good luck!

Oh and btw, don't throw these away. You better be reading what you write later, so you don't get in the same situation again.
    Last edited by Mercadi; 2011-10-05 at 07:10 PM.

I've had this happen to me once, we were working together on a project and work, and I had to put up with this guy who I had issues with, just didn't like him for what type of person he was. Nothing truly against him, as in we got into a fight or anything.

You just get past it. That's all I had to do, I didn't think of exactly what he had done in the past, or present, just focus on getting whatever needs to be done. Try talking to them as minimal as possible without screwing anything up.

After 2 weeks, It was all over and it was all good.

Offer them an Olive branch, if they dont take it, whack them over the head with it.

I agree with schweinsteiger.