Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Cursecraft; Curse's very own Minecraft server!

Remember this? Yeah. We made that picture.

Cursecraft was launched in November 2010 under the administration of Dinnerbone (whom later went on to create Bukkit!).
    It was initially meant as a Minecraft server for a group of regular people based on #mmo-champion's IRC channel on Quakenet.
    We are currently operating on a temporary map while we wait for Minecraft 1.9 (and Bukkit and its respective plugins to be updated to that).

Curse is actually paying for this server! It has it's own dedicated box (no virtual crap) hosted in France (that's in Europe) that only runs the Minecraft server and the Cursecraft website. Imagine a mouse on an elephant diet. It's like that. Theoretically speaking the server could hold 100+ users, but this has yet to be tested.

We previously operated on a common sense ruleset (no rules just use your common sense), but obviously some rules do need writing down.
    NO GRIEFING. If you grief to a point where we would ban your account in-game (intentional griefing), your MMO-Champion account will be banned as well.
    SPEAK ENGLISH. If you do not know how to speak English or would rather talk in your native language -- this is not the server for you.

Make a post in the thread asking for an invite!

There is a project in the planning stages in which (parts of the) World of Warcraft would be rebuilt in Minecraft. See this thread or this thread for more information. (More information also available at this thread.)
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2012-09-16 at 05:01 PM.

Will the server still have hardcore mode for us good players?

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Will the server still have hardcore mode for us good players?
    Once it's up and running with the more mainstream stuff, most likely yeah, depends on the demands for it
    Last edited by Wozarib; 2011-10-05 at 09:01 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    We've got cookies~
    <3

So join fast before Alram eats them all! (Or uses them to build some kind of sadistic temple)
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    We've got cookies~
    <3

So join fast before Alram eats them all! (Or uses them to build some kind of sadistic temple)
    You mean what you did, and then kept whining about creepers spawning in it even when it was properly lit?

15+ Year Old Account
    Oy, My sadistic temple was purely for the fun of seeing others drown....
    And those creepers were cheating
    They swam all the way down......

*Knock knock*
    Bahumut5: Who's there?
    Creepers: SSSsssshhhhhhhhh
    Bahumut5: Sssshhhhhh who?
    Creeper: BOOM FLUSSSHHHHHHHH

The dangers of building an entire city underwater....
    Dawwwwwww

Any specific details you can give on the server's settings? Such as monsters activated, are there any OPs, etc. (If monsters are activated creepers and endermen will be a pain, almost as bad as griefers)
    Diablo says "Rawr".
    I go "Stab, stab, loot"

Quote Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Making the game awesome so people want to buy it. NICE JOB BLI$$ARD

Quote Originally Posted by gnomesforever View Post
    Any specific details you can give on the server's settings? Such as monsters activated, are there any OPs, etc. (If monsters are activated creepers and endermen will be a pain, almost as bad as griefers)
    Nothing is set in stone yet, but if the past is anything to go by, creative will most likely have mob damage to blocks and players disabled. If by OPs you mean admins/moderators, then yes, there are a few of us in that capacity, although I can't think of what else that could mean. I hear talk of Endermen getting nerfed but that's all hearsay at the moment.

Generally speaking we will offer protection for peoples creations via WorldGuard or similar, so there will be no real chance for peoples stuff to get damaged outside of any normal gameplay ruleset (read: griefers, etc.) This should be relevant to creative, and probably survival, except on survival mob damage most definitely will be active. As for hardcore, given the ideas behind it, griefing wont be a problem as the general aim is to screw over the other team(s).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Also could someone please make a better logo?
    I tried!

But i failed..

Needs more cows

(posted this on my phone, so I didnt even notice there was cows in that picture =P)
    Last edited by b00rz; 2011-10-06 at 06:19 PM. Reason: read brackets

1 hour later, its still exploding =D

Yup, but it did not crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    52GB of fraps footage .... rendering that is going to be a bitch
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2012-02-11 at 06:32 PM. Reason: cleanup

i had 66gb of it, but my net sucks so Im not gonna even bother =P

Lord have mercy all that TNT it didt crash, jeez that metaphor you used seems to be correct...

Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Lord have mercy all that TNT it didt crash, jeez that metaphor you used seems to be correct...
    Well... it didn't crash but was extremely laggy and exploded the same TNT about 30 times.

But yeah, it didn't crash in the end.

Here I thought my TNTunneling used a lot of TNT... Holy crap, dude.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

I've updated the first post with some additional stuff and also two rules.

Please keep this rule in mind when asking for whitelisting:

NO GRIEFING. If you grief to a point where we would ban your account in-game (intentional griefing), your MMO-Champion account will be banned as well.

TNT is awesome. But not that much of it.