Thread: hacked

Deleted

hacked

my friend has just been hacked, even though he had a authenticator i wish blizz would change this where you dont have to authenticate every time,OR let ppl opt in/out if they wish to authenticate, this is the 3rd person i know of to have this happen since the change to authenticators, has this happend to others to, sorry if they is another post on this

10+ Year Old Account
    .... keylogger can still hack you with a authenticator? .... god by previous guild leader kicked me cause I didn't have authenticator ... would be nice telling him this now ...

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    my friend has just been hacked, even though he had a authenticator i wish blizz would change this where you dont have to authenticate every time,OR let ppl opt in/out if they wish to authenticate, this is the 3rd person i know of to have this happen since the change to authenticators, has this happend to others to, sorry if they is another post on this
    What's the use of authenticators if you dont need use them every time?
    Change e-mail adres associated to the battle.net account and password aswell, DONE.
    Also run a few programms like CCcleaner or Malwarebytes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Hm, I don't need to use my everytime. I only need to use it whenever I change computer, or go to a friends house with another IP adress.
    PEWPEW-PEEEW

Hmm, are you using authenticator with hack ipad?

So someone from the same pc/ip address did the hacking.. You need to look closer to home before posting this tripe please.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Blaming Blizzard for being hacked is pretty silly. You think you can get an authenticator attached to your account and be reckless with internet browsing and downloading? Your buddy needs to rethink how he browses the internet and should look into computer security. Also hacking an account with an authenticator on it is more work then your average hacker is gonna go through. Like someone said, start close to home.

The last and only time I ever game close to getting hacked was when I moved into an apartment with a buddy I knew, password kept getting changed started talking to him and some buddies about someone trying to steal my account and it stopped, but I had an authenticator to stop it. I still don't know if it was him but the only time I even got close to being hacked was living with another person.

The only way for a hacker to get through an authenticator is by using a "Man in the Middle" hack. This basically takes your authenticator code that you put in, sends a fake one in it's place, then uses the real one to log in and take your account.

Only a determined hacker will do this, and with blizzard making it so you only need to input an authenticator code every 2 weeks or so it means that the window of opportunity for a hacker to get control of your account is as minimal as possible.

my friend has just been hacked, even though he had a authenticator i wish blizz would change this where you dont have to every time,OR let ppl opt in/out if they wish to authenticate, this is the 3rd person i know of to have this happen since the change to authenticators, has this happend to others to, sorry if they is another post on this
    your friends how got hacked must have shady roommates... with only authenticating once a week or when the IP changes, you lessen the chances of a man in the middle hack... and that takes ALOT of time a energy for one account... not likey worth a hackers time..

tell your mates to keep there authenticators on them... not at there desk..
    LFG is like a playground. the idea is great but retarded kids ruin it for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyskato View Post
    Is it bad that I think that Draenei fan art is really hot?
    fap fap fap
    What?

Deleted
    Im using it every single time my comp has been shut down....

Im almost 100% Certain that someone had physical access to your friends authenticator/computer.

The fact that the authenticator number isnt needed on each login does NOT lower its security. The opposite is true it does lower the chance of a man in the middle attack and makes it therefore even more safe. The only thing that makes your account less secure with that is someone that has PHYSICAL access to your computer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hacked 3 years ago during tbc but blizz had me restored and back to normal in less than 4 hours ...even ended up better off.

I use an authenticator and as others have posted if you change i,p change computor or switch off the comp or router next time you log into wow it,ll ask for you authenticator code .the only way someone could hack would be if they had the authenticator and as you said you know of three others this happened too..i,d look closer to home stop blaming everything from herpies to the plague on blizzard and grow some common sence .
    Faith Manages