Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tndb View Post
    Ofcourse the H necro sims out better in the long run but it isnt better than MWC when you need it, like on the aoe heavy parts then MWC will rape the H Necro
    MWC is primarily for the Doomguard i thought???

without it, you're gimping your p3 dps.... which is when its needed most.

Having done close to 150 pulls on Heroic Rag in 10man, I can honestly say Demonology is probably a superior spec.

Aside from the aoe DPS, you have 2 stuns (Demon Leap and Axe Toss) for use in the transition phases, Felstorm / Immo Aura / Hellfire for the Seeds in phase 2, and you have your Meta/Doomguard combo for phase 3 when trying to meet the 2 meteor limit for your phase four transition.

There are obvious benefits to both specs. Affliction is higher sustained DPS in p4 as all you do is stand in the Frost patches and dps the boss, however, during the seeds phase, as well as during p3 (w/ world in flames) finding time to stop and channel Drain Soul (p4) or spam seed (p2 seeds) can be tough.

My advice, if you're used to playing Demonology, play it. It can be hard to just pick up and go with, and someone who is more comfortable with the spec is going to have a much easier time on Heroic Rag. Affliction is a good spec (especially in 25man where there's more room for error on the DPS check) and if you're comfortable playing Affliction you simply need to adapt your playstyle for the various situations which may arise.

I've played Demonology the entire time I've played my lock in WoW, so obviously I lean more towards that spec, but ultimately the decision is yours to make.

you should be fine for seeds dps with the 2 moonkins and hunter, so whichever does the most dps in p3 is what you should go with.

H - Focus replaces your DMC:Volcano (if you're using it) but on Rag you should be using your MWC for p3 (doomguard yay) and Sorrowsong for the ridiculous SP boost in phase 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    how to kill adds as aff? during phase transition
    i have a very hard time slowing before they hit hammer
    soulswap and pet prepared on spawn spot
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the advice. Im pretty much done with this thread. Ive decided to rock the usual Demo, it deff is the superior spec for me, thanks!

When a wild forum troll appears

Demo for sure. Me and the other 2 locks in my guild are Demo for Rag (I'm Demo by default, they are Affliction for 6/7).

1) It's great for seed phases (Drop a Rain of Fire on seed spawns, Felstorm and pull pet back and Hellfire)

2) Having 2 possible extra stuns per lock is great for Sons (Axe Toss from Fel Guard, and the Demonic Leap for OMG A SON WILL HIT THAT HAMMER)

3) Demo is the king of the Phase 3 dps burn. It can determine whether you get 1 meteor or 2 meteors. For learning Rag, you definitely want to try and push for 1 meteor since it makes things easier and there is less panic once that meteor is killed. What makes Demo so great during the Phase 3 burn is that while you are doing the engulfing dance and trying to maximize your dps, the Doomguard will always be casting Doombolts (Which can easily crit for over 90k per Bolt). Engulfing can sometimes be great and everyone can get some casts off and not have to move or engulfing can be terribly bad and the raid has to constantly move back and forth.

4) Mana Feed is always nice. There is a lot of damage going on in the fight and not having to lifetap is always welcomed by the healers.
    Last edited by IdTheDemon; 2011-10-14 at 01:17 AM.

I found that Aff does more DPS in P3 than Demo if you (like me) were too lazy to farm MWC.

It would be nice if everyone mentioned what mode they are doing H Rag on. For me, personally, I prefer affliction on it, and im on 25. During seed phase the soulburn soc provides ridiculous numbers if it goes off correctly, and will keep going until it falls off or add dies. Which tbh, our adds live too long, and thats the only reason im doing so good with our current attempts. Usually I do about 26k on normal rag by p3, so I expect to do just as good on heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Defai View Post
    It would be nice if everyone mentioned what mode they are doing H Rag on. For me, personally, I prefer affliction on it, and im on 25. During seed phase the soulburn soc provides ridiculous numbers if it goes off correctly, and will keep going until it falls off or add dies. Which tbh, our adds live too long, and thats the only reason im doing so good with our current attempts. Usually I do about 26k on normal rag by p3, so I expect to do just as good on heroic.
    A properly placed Felguard using Felstorm should do more damage than a single Soulburn SoC unless your adds are living for a ridiculously long time.

Demo is more mana friendly, less Life tapping and giving healers grey hairs. Plus the aoe for phase 2 doesn't hurt as well as the "oh shit" stuns from the Felguard or demo form if a Son gets too close to the hammer during a transition.

Overall Aff might give you more numbers, but Demo'll give you more utility.

ty scorp no more demo for me

also to try to contribute to this topic without just stealing help for myself .. go demo because of various reasons listed ... hrmm

pet stun and demo leap and such!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvre View Post
    A properly placed Felguard using Felstorm should do more damage than a single Soulburn SoC unless your adds are living for a ridiculously long time.
    Definitely. Place the Felguard where the seeds will spawn, and Felstorm right as they spawn. Call your pet back to you and the Felstorm keep hitting them.

ive tried it as aff and as demo, demo is definitely the better spec if youre having add trouble, ive been going aff mostly since our overall raid damage is lower than what it should be imo though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night, On our farm rag kill (attendance shit) i went from 24k threw Ph 1-2 to almost 30k when we hit Ph3 and i blew all Cds i could.. Mmmmmm so pumped <3

*as demo*

When a wild forum troll appears