Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvi View Post
    "If his Dots a running out 1-2 casts before the solarphase and he renews them. Should he renew them again once he's inside the solarphase(+bonus) or wait till the end of the phase?"
    If a dot is running out 1-2 casts before the solar phase he should wait until solar and then refresh. If it's more than 2 casts away from solar he should refresh when they drop off, but he should never renew them again once he hits solar.

your feral isn't exactly as bad as that guy was making out. he would probably get a slight increase from reforging Haste rather than Mastery, and he could get 4-5% more uptime on Rip and Rake, about 10% more on Savage Roar. he could have cast Ferocious Bite a couple more times, too probably. otherwise, his trinkets are pretty terrible for heroic content (Sigil only good for burst on Spine), but I'm assuming he doesn't have a Vial of Shadows or Wrath of Unchaining so thats hardly his fault. try to get 4-set for him ASAP too, it's very nice. you may be better served benching him for Ultrax until he has geared up a little. also unsure if he is using Glyph of Mangle > Bloodletting for that fight, but it is the best glyph for Feral DPS on that fight.

he is bottom but he does spend some time in Bearform: tell him to keep DPSing in Bear, there aren't enough Bear Mangles or Lacerates in the log. I prefer Mangle > Thrash > Lacerate > Mangle > Lacerate > Lacerate > repeat, with Maul when you're rage heavy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, thanks for the help. I think with that amount of hints, he should be able to improve alot.

MyWork | Not taking any Requests at the moment |

Deleted
    Ok so here's my Armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Droxo/simple

On dummies I average 28k dps, 26k lowest, 30-31k highest.
    In LFR I do around 30k average.
    And in my guild raids its around 29-31k.

My guild are currently pushing Hagara/Ultra HC, and we've cleared everything else Normal, and Yorj and Morchok HC.

I've used Simcraft and WoWreforge dot.com to optimize my gear and reforges. I honestly feel I should be doing atleast 35k dps along with all the classes, some even pushing 40k dps with similar level of gear!

I'll take all hints and suggestions, maybe tell me what Rotation I should be using? (I'm using the one recommended on 4.3 EJ Boomkin thread).

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=1280&e=1701 A normal mode Hagara kill a while back.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Well, if you do 28k selfbuffed dummy and can't push beyond 31k in raids you're doing something wrong, good you came here.

Getting stressed? -Sure you manage your rotation correctly while in raid?
    No massive FPSdrop?
    CRing?

Main reason ppl do low dps in raids when knowing rotations is fightknowledge and planning ahead for movement.

Why is it bad to dot up hagara right b4 phaseshift?
    Stupid stuff like that easily nets you a 1k dpsloss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Well, if you do 28k selfbuffed dummy and can't push beyond 31k in raids you're doing something wrong, good you came here.

Getting stressed? -Sure you manage your rotation correctly while in raid?
    No massive FPSdrop?
    CRing?

Main reason ppl do low dps in raids when knowing rotations is fightknowledge and planning ahead for movement.

Why is it bad to dot up hagara right b4 phaseshift?
    Stupid stuff like that easily nets you a 1k dpsloss.
    I'm not getting stressed; I'm fairly relaxed on normal mode DS, since it's normal mode DS :P - I know my rotation well, and I still attack adds, aoe the loose adds and so on.

My FPS is around 40-45 in Raids, I rarely lag.

I combat Ress when a death, but we're in a 25man guild, and we have atleast 6 CR's at use, and we rarely wipe/die normal modes.

I never knew dotting Hagara before phase change would be a dps loss.

She goes immune and you activate NG, depends on how long your phases are but if you lack 15% haste for weakened phase that's sure a dpsloss Rather cast another nuke.

NG isn't the real issue, you're going to activate that in the phase anyway. The elemental and the especially the wards don't kill themselves, and on heroic you can't let those phases last longer than necessary.

But it's a waste of time to cast a DoT that's not going to tick more than once.

Deleted
    Hi everybody ! I would like to have some help, I think i'm over-low dps ( maybe due to my stuff, but I don't have any t13 item H nor Normal ) I don't have DI when we have a warlock, I don't have Dragonwrath

My rotation is :

From 0 : Lunar
    Solar eclipse : CDs + dot + wrath
    Mid-eclipse : refresh dots then wrath till Lunar
    Lunar : Starfire then dots

I use starsurge only on eclipse state or proc

Here is my stuff link : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Zulhai/simple
    My WorldOfLogs : worldoflogs.com/guilds/133984/
    My ePeen : raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/cho'gall/zulhai/
    My Ui ( maybe it's the problem :-p ) : s4.noelshack.com/upload/14220217306053_wowscrnshot_022812_233224.jpg

Thanks for any advice ;-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulhai View Post
    Hi everybody ! I would like to have some help, I think i'm over-low dps ( maybe due to my stuff, but I don't have any t13 item H nor Normal ) I don't have DI when we have a warlock, I don't have Dragonwrath

My rotation is :

From 0 : Lunar
    Solar eclipse : CDs + dot + wrath
    Mid-eclipse : refresh dots then wrath till Lunar
    Lunar : Starfire then dots

I use starsurge only on eclipse state or proc

Here is my stuff link : eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/chogall/Zulhai/simple
    My WorldOfLogs : worldoflogs.com/guilds/133984/
    My ePeen : raidbots.com/epeenbot/eu/cho'gall/zulhai/
    My Ui ( maybe it's the problem :-p ) : s4.noelshack.com/upload/14220217306053_wowscrnshot_022812_233224.jpg

Thanks for any advice ;-)
    Which CDs are you talking about in Solar? Just berserking? I can't think of anything else.

Are you putting up DoTs in the right order? (Insect swarm first).

With that gear level, I can't really understand why you'd refresh DoTs mid eclipse. I've seen a few people say that, and unless someone can give me some pretty darned hard evidence why it's better then pushing your Eclipse faster, I don't like wasting the two extra GCDs when I could be two casts closer to the next Eclipse.

Do you pre-wrath into Solar just like you pre-Starfire into Lunar?
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Deleted
    I'm engineer, so by CD I mean Gloves + Zerk + Treants
    IS always first on target
    I refresh my dot at mid-eclipse due to my low FPS, I sometimes freeze when i'm switching eclipse so I loose some casts :-(
    I pre-cast Wrath & Starfire when entering eclipse
    I put my schroom beneath the boss before pull and make them boom on Solar
    I use starfall only on Lunar eclipse

I don't think I'm making something bad, but i'm so low my guild want to bench me :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Zulhai View Post
    I'm engineer, so by CD I mean Gloves + Zerk + Treants
    IS always first on target
    I refresh my dot at mid-eclipse due to my low FPS, I sometimes freeze when i'm switching eclipse so I loose some casts :-(
    I pre-cast Wrath & Starfire when entering eclipse
    I put my schroom beneath the boss before pull and make them boom on Solar
    I use starfall only on Lunar eclipse

I don't think I'm making something bad, but i'm so low my guild want to bench me :-(
    Saving your CD's until you do a full rotation through lunar and back to solar probably isn't a good idea. If you're pre-potting you'll get more damage out of your treants if you use them while power torrent and your pre-pot are active (Since that will be when your spellpower peaks). Unless beserking is going to push you over a haste breakpoint, I would also suggest using beserking off the start pre eclipse to push into an eclipse faster. As far as i know there's no real dps benefit to beserking inside an eclipse Vs. outside an eclipse (minus the hastebreak point). you're still gunna get the same amount of wraths off before you leave solar eclipse, the only thing beserking is going to do is make you leave the eclipse faster. The way i see it you want to keep beserking on CD to push your eclipses back and forth as fast as possible. Not 100% sure but with the T13 bonus you should be starsurging on cooldown (assuming you swapped the wrath glyph for starsurge) unless you're 1 GCD away from your eclipse. In that case stagger the starsurge until you get into the eclipse.

You guys mind taking a look at my moonkin, could use some help. Working on the prof's and getting the therazane enchant.
    Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omivore/simple
    WoL from HM Ultra 10man
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...7/?s=240&e=544

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffypants View Post
    You guys mind taking a look at my moonkin, could use some help. Working on the prof's and getting the therazane enchant.
    Armory
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...omivore/simple
    WoL from HM Ultra 10man
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...7/?s=240&e=544
    You're .71% over the hit cap which is not good to begin with. Boomkin reforging isn't incredibly difficult but if you're having problems use wowreforge.com. set the stat weights as haste>mastery>crit (the numerical value in the box doesn't matter as long as haste is a bigger number than mastery and master is a bigger number than crit). Set your hit rating in the first stat box to at least 1742 and then click Optimize and it will do all the reforging for you.

Second thing that's kind of strange is. You have 8 madness kills and only 2 epic gems in your gear. I mean i understand you're not ALWAYS going to get an epic red gem but you should still have more epic gems in your gear than that. I assume you may be saving gems for BiS gear but that's really not a good idea if you're trying to min/max to make progression as easy as possible. You're going to clear to finish Dragon Soul well before you ever reach BiS gear, and by then epic gems will be ridiculously cheap and you'll have plenty from finishing the zone before reset and also from alt runs (if you do any). So if you do have any epic hybrid gems or spare red ones. I'd suggest using them for the dps increase.

Kind of interested in why you have the resto chest with 3pc set. Yes resto tier is the off piece but that's assuming you have the other 4. Taking the boomkin chest until you got shoulders so you have the 4pc would net you a decent dps gain.

I'd suggest dropping the 2 points in furor and putting them into perseverance for better survivability. Boomkin mana become irrelevant back at 359 Ilvl. We already have infinite mana unless we're solar cleaving, which doesn't happen too often. Your damage doesn't look too bad based on gear and the craptastic amount of caster buffs you have (why i despise 10mans).

Doesn't look like your guild runs (or atleast logs) firelands anymore. Don't know how close you are but my biggest suggestion would be to go get a legendary. It's still by far BiS for any caster throughout heroic dragon soul. If you're guilds not willing to help you just pug it on weekend or something.

Edit: Also try and get the crafted bracers, they are just as good as the Heroic Morchok ones.

Hello there

unfortunately I don't have logs

but I would like to know if anyone could answer my simple question:

is 28k-30k, which is my dps on normal ultraxion fight considered decent?

my armory is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/Blitzen/simple

buffs/pots that I have on raid: 3% dmg, % stats, flask, volcanic pot, spell haste, 6% spell power

ps: I don't receive DI, since we don't have warlocks.

Thank you in advance

Looking over your armory, I noticed you have a orange int/haste in your helm when its a red socket, you want to gem 40 int when its a red socket, also on your ring its a yellow socket, with an int socket bonus, you would want to put an orange gem in there. Also try and get the intellect to wrist enchant since Int > haste, but these are minor details, can't give you much help with your dps without a parse or log.

Quote Originally Posted by tksh View Post
    Hello there

is 28k-30k, which is my dps on normal ultraxion fight considered decent?

my armory is: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/goldrinn/Blitzen/simple

Thank you in advance
    To answer the question, yes, 30k is considered decent for normal Ultraxion. It is one of our weakest fights. If you look at the average of all parses against normal Ultraxion (http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Ultraxion...14/60/default/) you'll see that 30k is the average for boomkins. So if you're doing 28-30k, you're doing just below average.

Considering we've got people with legendary weapons and DI who are contributing to that average, and you have neither, I'd say you're doing OK.

Could you squeeze out a little more dps? Probably - see MrFluffyPants' suggestions.

28 - 30K sounds about right for your Ilvl and buffs you're getting. Besides gear/gem suggestions not much can be said without a log. But with no legendary and a 392 Ilvl, anything around the 30-32K range is probably where you'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFluffypants View Post
    Looking over your armory, I noticed you have a orange int/haste in your helm when its a red socket, you want to gem 40 int when its a red socket, also on your ring its a yellow socket, with an int socket bonus, you would want to put an orange gem in there. Also try and get the intellect to wrist enchant since Int > haste, but these are minor details, can't give you much help with your dps without a parse or log.
    Thank you for your response

-helm: I was waiting a friend to transform my carnelian into rubies. I believe I'll change it soon.
    -ring: I thought that using two stats gems (int/haste) in a socket that only gives +10int bonus was not worth it. (unless I use epic +25int/+25haste).
    -wrist: I'll find one to buy.

hm... I wanted to figure out if my dps was at least decent, but I guess... I will have to wait another week to save the logs from the fight.

Deleted
    Since I'm going to be playing balance again as main soon, I would like to make sure that what I'm doing is more or less correct.
    If anyone could give a few pointers, that would be great!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gglen/advanced
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1382&e=1686

The log is the latest one, where I've been playing balance.
    The damage can be a little low, due to having resto reforges and a few missing item upgrades.