Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogrum View Post
    You contradict yourself and your logic has some giant holes in it. The resoning behind not hurricaning is this, hurricane is shitty, and with that time you are hurricaning, you could be getting off single target nukes to help you push eclipses between seeds, you brought up the idea that let single target dpsers just dps rag, that's exactly what I'm saying. thats why poof and shrooms is what you contribute, and let other aoers aoe while you become the single target dpser... boomkins have like a 450k dmg spike and then like 50k ticks for the next 10 seconds, whereas say a warlock might have continuing 100k hellfire ticks or w/e. You contribute your spikes, and then swap back to single target, giving you more single target time to push eclipses, while the people with sustained aoe dmg aoe them down. As I clearly mentioned though, only if you have enough aoe in your group to do so. Your idea of hurricaning to maximize your damage actualy hurts the overall raid dps.

    EDIT: And I don't know why you're assuming that someone asking for help with that phase is in a guild that doesn't have enough aoe when there was no mention of how much they have. Many groups have more than enough damage potential, they just need to see it and get used to it before you see it all.
    You're contradicting yourself. Do you even know the fight? Or did you not read when I said to hurricane? Or my suggestion for him to be 1 cast away from pushing out of solar? So he'd be casting starfire which in the time window he would get off 2-3 casts off if that which is marginal damage. He could be pre-hurricaning after re-applying dots which also hit the boss because of his large hitbox and then shroom+typhoon+starfall while running while the higher single target dps (don't even try to suggest the other classes can't do mroe single target than you using solar starfire) can dps rag because the more AOE you do the less the rest of the raid has to. In 3 seed phases I did over 600k with hurricane. you say "you contribute your spikes then swap back to single target" Which is also what I said, seeing as I suggested he hurricane BEFORE the seeds pop not AFTER blowing shrooms etc... He said that he'd like to save starfall for the transitions if seeds get better meaning the aoe in that phase is poor, so please learn to read his entire post and use some sort of logic. and you saying "you are hurricaning you could be getting off single target nukes to help push eclipses in between seeds" if you apply that to what I said, you'd be pushing yourself out of solar before the seeds pop so...yeah... You obviously don't understand what I am saying so just stop bothering to reply.

  2. #22
    You seem to be having the wrong Link or for some reason and old one. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ishuz/advanced Got an advanced link insted and it should work. Else it's Delishuz Darksorrow EU alliance.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreey View Post
    So hello! I posted this directly to Sunfyre but he wanted me to try my luck here! So I will.
    It's copied from my post to him so have that in mind. Iam really happy to get as much help as needed.


    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...elishuz/simple

    I know I should have some Wlogs but I haven't had the time to install them.
    I have decent gear and I know how to reforge etc.
    - My rotation is usually Starting of by using Volcanic Potion followed by starsurge, Lifeblood to Insect Swarm to Moonfire then I use Treants and Starfall. Following my rotation up with Starfire untill Wrath spam, renewing DoTs when they run out and trying to keep em up 100%. Also I always start my new DoTs with Insect swarm to get the extra haste on Moon/Sunfire.

    That is my normal rotation for a single target fight such as Hc Baelrock. I know my dps will be lowered by some but according to the spreadsheet I should be able to do 27k dps and currently iam doing 22.4k Dps. Please help if you can Sincerly Delishuz.
    Gear: I believe the 346 JP helm is better than the one your currently have. Make sure that you are reforging crit/mastery to haste on gear first, then if you need hit reforge crit/mastery to cap. Lavawalker on boots as most fights in FL have a fair amount of movement.

    Spec: No need for lunar shower or furor. -> pick up gale winds or dreamstate.

    Play: If your lifeblood haste puts you at the next haste breakpoint try to save it for when you enter eclipses. Your first cast can be a starfire that's casted as the tank is counting down, then don't starsurge until you hit eclipse as it just makes it an extra cast until you reach eclipse. Try to get your dots refreshed with your SP procs and volcanic pot once you hit eclipse. For the most part you don't have to worry about renewing dots when they run out since usually you're at least close to the next eclipse when that happens. Make sure to also plant shrooms before the fight and detonate them when you hit your first solar. H-Baleroc can be rough sometimes depending on your strategy and duties on it so don't think that you're so far behind

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    You're contradicting yourself. Do you even know the fight? Or did you not read when I said to hurricane? Or my suggestion for him to be 1 cast away from pushing out of solar? So he'd be casting starfire which in the time window he would get off 2-3 casts off if that which is marginal damage. He could be pre-hurricaning after re-applying dots which also hit the boss because of his large hitbox and then shroom+typhoon+starfall while running while the higher single target dps (don't even try to suggest the other classes can't do mroe single target than you using solar starfire) can dps rag because the more AOE you do the less the rest of the raid has to. In 3 seed phases I did over 600k with hurricane. you say "you contribute your spikes then swap back to single target" Which is also what I said, seeing as I suggested he hurricane BEFORE the seeds pop not AFTER blowing shrooms etc... He said that he'd like to save starfall for the transitions if seeds get better meaning the aoe in that phase is poor, so please learn to read his entire post and use some sort of logic. and you saying "you are hurricaning you could be getting off single target nukes to help push eclipses in between seeds" if you apply that to what I said, you'd be pushing yourself out of solar before the seeds pop so...yeah... You obviously don't understand what I am saying so just stop bothering to reply.
    All i have to say is lol, you have 55 seconds to do a full cycle of eclipse, with a world in flames and and stuff, who says you are spamming starfire there? If you are forced to move for each world, and have no beserking, you will be lucky to be close to solar, let alone be at the end of solar when the seeds pop. Even with 4p beserking and 2500 haste and 2 NGs you're looking at like 35+ seconds of hardcasting to cycle through the eclipse. there are often times where I am forced to move so much that I am still 2 casts out of solar after the seeds drop, and when that happens, it's a perfect time so pop into solar and then drain some of that energy. I fully understand what it is you are trying to say, the amount of movement you need to do changes and that causes whatever you could be doing instead of hurricaning to change. You seem to be under the impression that rag is some static fight where you have the same set of circumstances each pull. Also unless you provide proof that you get over 200k damage in with hurricane each set of seeds, I doubt anyone will ever belive you. Anyways, I'm done wasting my time talking to a brick wall.
    Last edited by Moogrum; 2011-10-08 at 06:31 PM.

  5. #25
    My only concerns for boomkin at this moment are the harsh nerfs we are taking in. Really don't understand what blizzard is thinking but it seems like Druids in general are always being nerfed. I am in no way shape or form crying about the nerfs, but its been like this for ages. In 4.3 Feral/Resto so far has been nerfed, really concerned about what blizzard is going to do with boomkins. Any comments?

  6. #26
    Feels like I could leave my armory link here. If anyone has anything to say about enchants / gems / glyphs / talent or whatever, just tell me, there's probably something I could improve. Seems like I couldnt post my armory until i've posted a few times, so just go ahead and search for "Fréddie - EU Stormscale"

  7. #27
    Plz, come with a real concern. Asking people to look for flaws might aswell be done in the 'rate my druid' thread. Is your dps lacking on a certain boss or a certain stage of a fight, wonder why your friend does more dps than you? Link to a log or two -> that will let us help.

    But hey, I'll be nice:

    You're in the process of upgrading most of your gear from 378 to 391, that's about what u need, gz, u've got nice gear and I can't see much flaws with enchanting/gemming. Personally I go for lavawalker over haste on boots, and apart from getting hastebreakpoints greater mastery on gloves is better afaik. (however here I also go for haste)

    Speccwise however: FUROR!? With that gear you will never, ever, ever, ever go oom. Unless you suck. Or, if u suck.

    Go go perserverance and be nice to your healers.
    And gl with drops for bracers and back.

  8. #28
    Sorry for not including what I'm actually here for, tips. Here's a log from our last raid or so, feels like I'm underachieveing.

    worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/58g7urwd15c8dnrd/details/2/?s=5628&e=5951

  9. #29
    Can't even be arsed looking at your shannox seeing as you double dot the dogs, "why?" DPSBOOST. EDIT BEFORE POSTING: not only that, full solarcleave. facepalm, srry.

    If you spent more time practising real rotations on bosses like that maybe you could stay higher on Baleroc. For him however: pre-plant shrooms, didn't see it in the log - actually gives you a lil' boost. Other than that it looks ok tbh, not great but ok.

    EDIT BEFORE POSTING: Insect swarm needs to go down b4 sunfire, you started with sunfire on him. You also waited with popping berserking (troll racial) til AFTER you applied the dots and synapse springs even after both dots and your first starsurge.

    all-in-all, quite low considering gear and 6 ToT's, small tweaks should increase this.

    Staghelm looks ok seeing as you're in the camp + taking orbs and that there's so many random elements in this fight.


    I'm quite bad at reading logs so I can't give you much more than general tips =(

    EDIT: closed logs, but just remembered: you only had 6% spellpower increase right? Accountable for a bit of what you're lacking ofc, caster heavy group such as yours oughta have 10%!
    Last edited by foibooze; 2011-10-08 at 11:45 AM.

  10. #30
    Yeah that shannox kill is something I tried for lolz, trying to see if it'd be any good. Nothing I'd do on a "normal" kill though.

    Yeah I'm missing both Dark Intent and the 10% spellpower buff. What you said about popping Berserking / synapse springs after dotting is just a bad habit of mine, which I can't seem to get rid of. Pre-planting shrooms is something i've tried only some times. Should I blow them up asap or wait for first solar?

  11. #31

    Fix My DPS

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xyn5g...=11379&e=11744

    Im underperforming my gear. help me please

    Unfortunatly noone logged wednesday nights where i had to argue for DI over the shad priest who was doing 8k less dps than me ;/

    Armory in Sig

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Irrational View Post
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xyn5g...=11379&e=11744

    Im underperforming my gear. help me please

    Unfortunatly noone logged wednesday nights where i had to argue for DI over the shad priest who was doing 8k less dps than me ;/

    Armory in Sig
    Comparebot yourself with other owls of the same speed kills. Should show you the problems.

  13. #33
    Wait for first solar, hopefully, with enough haste/euphoria/luck you'll have all proccs active and not expired by the time you hit solar aswell, and getting used to popping cd's b4 dots should boost dps noticeable =)

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 03:52 PM ----------

    Irrational, during that baleroc kill, to me it seems, from reading part of the log..
    That you opened ok with cdusage, starfall, dots, treants already up (?), then proceeded to first cast a wrath? then starfires.

    That alone will have gimped your performance in that fight.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogrum View Post
    All i have to say is lol, you have 55 seconds to do a full cycle of eclipse, with a world in flames and and stuff, who says you are spamming starfire there? If you are forced to move for each world, and have no beserking, you will be lucky to be close to solar, let alone be at the end of solar when the seeds pop. Even with 4p beserking and 2500 haste and 2 NGs you're looking at like 35+ seconds of hardcasting to cycle through the eclipse. there are often times where I am forced to move so much that I am still 2 casts out of solar after the seeds drop, and when that happens, it's a perfect time so pop into solar and then drain some of that energy. I fully understand what it is you are trying to say, the amount of movement you need to do changes and that causes whatever you could be doing instead of hurricaning to change. You seem to be under the impression that rag is some static fight where you have the same set of circumstances each pull. Also unless you provide proof that you get over 200k damage in with hurricane each set of seeds, I doubt anyone will ever belive you. Anyways, I'm done wasting my time talking to a brick wall.
    Rag pretty much is a static fight with the same set of circumstances and believe it or not there are patterns. I say you are spamming sunfire there because of what I had suggested, and setting up that way before the first sons leads you to being able to also be that way for the other seed waves. You can also get off additional wraths to get to ~1 cast away from solar after you run from the seeds dropping. I have done this since we started the fight, 4pc or not as well as before I had my staff, and if you aren't as comfortable with the fight you'd still end up having to cast starfires because you would just not drive through the rotation anyways because not hurricaning gives you ~3-4 more seconds of casting. If you also read the other threads on this forum other druids such as Lappe and Zoomkins are able to push lunar -> solar EASILY as well.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13&e=836#Sepe
    here are my logs from this week. over 600k hurricane with 3 seed waves and a fair amount of lag - I dc'd in p3 and died. You can check my previous weeks kill and see I took 0 engulfing. One of the seed waves I didn't get much of a hurricane off though

    Anyways, I'm done talking to someone who can't understand what I'm saying. The point of this was to help Pyrates which I did. Also proved you wrong on multiple occasions Will just stick to helping the others now /done.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Wait for first solar, hopefully, with enough haste/euphoria/luck you'll have all proccs active and not expired by the time you hit solar aswell, and getting used to popping cd's b4 dots should boost dps noticeable =)

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 03:52 PM ----------

    Irrational, during that baleroc kill, to me it seems, from reading part of the log..
    That you opened ok with cdusage, starfall, dots, treants already up (?), then proceeded to first cast a wrath? then starfires.

    That alone will have gimped your performance in that fight.
    there was some confusion on my part at the start
    but the cd thing, why does that gimp my dps? cast first and wait for trinket procs before using cds?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    Rag pretty much is a static fight with the same set of circumstances and believe it or not there are patterns. I say you are spamming sunfire there because of what I had suggested, and setting up that way before the first sons leads you to being able to also be that way for the other seed waves. You can also get off additional wraths to get to ~1 cast away from solar after you run from the seeds dropping. I have done this since we started the fight, 4pc or not as well as before I had my staff, and if you aren't as comfortable with the fight you'd still end up having to cast starfires because you would just not drive through the rotation anyways because not hurricaning gives you ~3-4 more seconds of casting. If you also read the other threads on this forum other druids such as Lappe and Zoomkins are able to push lunar -> solar EASILY as well.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13&e=836#Sepe
    here are my logs from this week. over 600k hurricane with 3 seed waves and a fair amount of lag - I dc'd in p3 and died. You can check my previous weeks kill and see I took 0 engulfing. One of the seed waves I didn't get much of a hurricane off though

    Anyways, I'm done talking to someone who can't understand what I'm saying. The point of this was to help Pyrates which I did. Also proved you wrong on multiple occasions Will just stick to helping the others now /done.
    Oh 600k from 25 man with an orange, that explains a lot. There are patterns yes, but that doesnt mean you cant be forced to keep moving to the point where it is no longer easy to push a full eclipse, hence the not a static fight as mentioned. There have been multiple times you have litteraly said the same thing I have when you are attempting to fight with me about it. What it comes down to is how good your groups aoe is and how much haste you have and what the rng on world in flames is like for deciding if you should or shouldnt hurricane, something I said in my first post. You "proved" me wrong on 0 occasions Will just leave this thread before kids get mad /done.
    Last edited by Moogrum; 2011-10-08 at 09:46 PM.

  17. #37
    Since thread has come down mostly to people argueing about seeds on rag I'll throw in my 2c.

    Start first set of seeds one cast away from leaving solar eclipse, this means you don't have to execute a perfect full eclipse and back, you just get back to solar and as many wrath as you can fit in after that without leaving again. This leaves you with enough leeway to get around bad world in flames and circumstance interfering with your clean nuke time.

    Also of note for the fight if your guild isn't already doing so, warlock pet(or another pet failing that) in the adds can be happily mind seared off(including priest healers). Mind sear will hit them as they're forming before other AoE if have pet placed over there already.

  18. #38

  19. #39
    Zookeeper Sunfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sunfyre's Nest
    Posts
    1,764
    This thread is not for arguing about who's peen is bigger or which strat is the best. Please learn to be civilized or I'll request all of the infighting post to be removed. Thanks.

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-09 at 04:04 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by foibooze View Post
    Plz, come with a real concern. Asking people to look for flaws might aswell be done in the 'rate my druid' thread. Is your dps lacking on a certain boss or a certain stage of a fight, wonder why your friend does more dps than you? Link to a log or two -> that will let us help.

    But hey, I'll be nice:

    You're in the process of upgrading most of your gear from 378 to 391, that's about what u need, gz, u've got nice gear and I can't see much flaws with enchanting/gemming. Personally I go for lavawalker over haste on boots, and apart from getting hastebreakpoints greater mastery on gloves is better afaik. (however here I also go for haste)

    Speccwise however: FUROR!? With that gear you will never, ever, ever, ever go oom. Unless you suck. Or, if u suck.

    Go go perserverance and be nice to your healers.
    And gl with drops for bracers and back.
    You realize perseverance gives you way less than 6% reduction, right? And that we get even bigger bonuses from furor because it affects our euphoria returns?

    Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

  20. #40
    I do realize that Sunfyre, it does however give you and your raid a bigger benefit, what do you need that mana for? There is no fight where you will possibly run oom if you self-innervate. Ending fights at 100% mana as dps or making sure healers use less mana.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •