Been trying but i just dont know how to up my deeps on that fight i end up running around like a headless chicken
Will link some logs from normal "farm" bosses from tonight if I get in so you can analyse my performance on that in case I'm making any mistakes
Horridon 25N: ur NG uptime seems a bit low (68%) but the most important thing I can see on this attempt is that you have to push INC+CA quicker on the 1st or 2nd time else you won't have enough uptime at the end of the fight (which is what's going to give you the highest dps increase cuz of boss's debuff). It looked like you weren't even able to pop CA on the 3rd time, if boss is about to die i'd have just pushed both inc+ca at the same time plus a pot (which by the way would make also a big difference at that phase - doens't look like you potted there). Lastly, if boss is on farm and adds are dying too quick I'd recommend just dotting up adds but whenever casting just target boss, same for SS procs, toss it on boss since he's taking extra damage (don't recommend this if adds are getting out of control).
Maegera N: you didn't do too bad there, if you are wondering how are the mage and lock so far ahead, just check how much damage they did to the Venomous Head (looks like this is the one you guys don't attack). You had only 4.7M on it while the mage had 19M which is a clear strat to padd metter since as far as I know the mage would get nothing out of keeping his dot on the inactive head. Also, dont forget both mage and lock have the legendary meta gem (so their deeps will be far off from ur till u get that). Last tip I can say for this boss, considering how quick you guys are killing it, is to go treants instead of INC since you didn't have enough time to squeeze a 3rd INC+CA combo, might as well go treants which is on a 1 min cd (not to mention that if you pop inc and you have to move then ur pretty much screwed.
They do snapshot your stats currently. The only stat which won't effect them is Mastery since they don't get Eclipse bonus. I'm not sure how spirit/hit works for them either, but I doubt it's an issue.
Last edited by Stommped; 2013-04-29 at 06:34 PM.
When the 2nd door adds are up with effusions im just like "FUCKING ARRRRGHH" and try to dot EVERYTHING which i guess is a bad idea i should just eclipse dot and tunnel 1 target?
I just need to pay more attention to my INC+CA Timers to get them popped on CD 2'nd time, i was saving them for the 2'nd door to nuke the priests asap
With regards to Meg, I was padding a bit just for epeen sake but I wasn't really that concerned about the logs just getting concerned now as I've reinstalled a DPS meter and I'm not as high as i expected to be and I want to work out why/fix any problems
Our group changes on a week by week basis so kills are faster/slower week by week.
Will link tonights logs for Durumu/Primordius (sitting out for DA for people who need loot) and Iron Qon, Twins and Lei Shen (if we get that far)
Logs for tonight
Mortalis didnt log Durumu or Primordius
Am I relying on UVLS too much?
Iron Qon: you beat the other boomies but he tranq'd and you didn't. Don't see anything wrong on this fight though the ULVS trink will suck bad if it procs when boss's shield is up and u can't really move in time (still hate that part of the fight )
Twin: looks like you potted at end without any cds up? I'd pop a pot there when the 2 bosses are up and inc/ca is up (this is what the other boomie did). Noticed you had to tranq. Also noticed you guys didnt hero (maybe a bug int he log?).
Lei: similar to Twin, u tranq'd thus the prob reason to be lower than the other boomie. Btw I find displacer beast really good on that fight, use it for every change of pillar.
Halps meh! I don't think I'm doing the right dps for my ilvl. 495 and I do just over 60k without any fight gimmicks. This is an alt's offspec, but if I'm gonna do it, I wanna do it right.
I start out with Starfall into Wrath for Eclipse then pop NV and incarnation then sunfire moonfire starsurge and starfire to 0, then CA and my crit trinket, starfall as soon as it falls off, reapply dots as soon as they fall off, and again as the last gcd before all the cooldowns fall off simultaneously.
I then SF and wr back and forth, making sure to cast Starsurge as first cast (or asap if on cd) and last cast in Solar (if procced) since it will be at 5 energy. I use SS on proc during Lunar. I use Starfall as soon as I enter Lunar. I reapply my dots the first thing into their Eclipse, and right before they fall off (clip one tick) if it's in the other. I reapply both right before NG falls off either way since I don't have the crit (19%) to keep them going full cycle. I use NV and that trinket on cd (90 and 60 respectively) to make sure they line up for the full cycle again at 3min.
I feel like I am doing dps equal to what I should have 20 ilvl ago.
Call to arms, the trumpets sound
Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...
I tranq when requested, 2nd pot was just to push a bit more deeps
I thought we did BLOODLUST on Twins o.0
There must be some rotational problems in there somewhere, I feel like my dps is subpar for my gear, I don't want to take up raid spot if im underperforming
I'm just going to use my logs to compare against yours. I could do a lot better with my rotation/luck, but as a basic tool it should work. Our Iron Qon kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7n...?s=7163&e=7743.
- Our kills are only separated by 18 seconds, yet you only fit in 25 eclipse phases and I managed 31. I do acknowledge that part of this is due to me having the legendary meta and yourself not. This could affect my next point as well.
- Your Nature's Grace uptime is at 67.7% whereas mine is at 82%. This can be maximised mostly from avoiding as much movement as you can (this is a killer for DPS, as you'd know), but also you must make sure you aren't wasting globals on overwriting DoTs too early and such. High boomkin DPS comes mostly from efficiently cycling eclipses.
- Your Starfalls look pretty good; that's about all I could gather from your Iron Qon kill. You only have 19% SS waste, which is quite good for your 12k crit rating. Consider switching to a GCD haste cap build (10296) as I think you'd benefit from it.
Again, comparing your Consorts kill to mine: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-e9...4/?s=129&e=689...
- I'm seeing the same kind of thing with NG: 71% uptime compared to 87%, and 24 eclipses vs. 31. A good couple of those will be because of the legendary meta gem difference, but otherwise I think making sure you're pushing those eclipses as fast as possible and minimising movement will be a good bonus for your DPS.
- You had slightly more SS proc waste (25% for this fight). I think this is around average for your crit rating, but bear in mind it's a lot of damage that could be gained (and it also means faster eclipse cycles) if you were to get those in. A lot of them wont be possible, but I'm sure some of them were. Another thing to note is that I got a 23% SS proc waste but a total of 173 SS procs, with lower crit rating than you. That may have been purely due to luck, but make sure you're multidotting Suen during the Lu'lin phase when she pops up, both once she emerges and just before she disappears.
- Other than those points, I can't see any other differences.
Overall, I think that's the real point you'd have to work on: maximising multidot uptime and minimising time spent during your eclipse cycling. The legendary meta gem will boost your damage significantly (up to 15%), but it seems your movement is too high. I don't have enough time to go through your Lei Shen kill, but I think we covered everything anyway.
You seem to have put in a good amount of effort in reading guides etc but I'm afraid without proper logs it is going to be very hard for anyone on here to assist you in where you are going wrong. I also took the liberty of trying to find logs for your guild but to no avail. I would suggest making your own logs and posting back to us here (Guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oILgikavPcg) and then we can assist you further.
A few telltale signs on bad DPS what I look out for is
1) Low uptime on Nature's Grace (the haste bonus we gain whenever we enter an eclipse). Typically an uptime of ~60% on single target fights is optimal more or less but this differs fight on fight.
2) Not getting the most out of your CDS (Incarnation, starfall, celestial alignment)- i.e. using incarnation once when a fight permits at least three uses etc
3) low DoT (Sunfire / Moonfire) uptime. you want to aim for ~100% uptime on your DoTs on a single target fight (i.e. Jin'rokh)
looking at your Iron Qon kill compared to mine a few things jumped out at me
1. The first thing is your Natures Grace uptime is 67% which is not to bad without your meta but the higher you can get this the better
2. My fight was 2 minutes shorter then yours but we had close to the same amount of cast which could mean a few things your moving to much or you just had shit rng and had spears on you everytime. To fix movement on this fight i found it best to try and see where the spear lands and try to time a starsurge proc with moving out of the lines and when stacking to use dotting and starsurge procs to move to the group.
Just getting better at timing your movement and keeping nature grace uptime higher and your dps will climb. Once you get the the Meta gem you will jump up the meters as well so dont worry to much about it.
Thank you for the reply! My guild brought me into the raid tonight to scoop up more loot. My armoury now reflects gear around 15 ilvls higher than when the logs were taken, just as an added note. Also tonight was my first time seeing many of the fights in normal mode, so I was fumbling with mechanics a little bit. I also have almost no idea of moonkin-specific strategy for most of these fights. I wasn't expecting to be thrown into raiding quite so soon. Nevertheless, here's the log for Jikun from tonight: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qu...?s=5474&e=5789
After reading your post, I checked the logs specifically for Jikun. My Nature's Grace uptime is slightly higher than 60% but my DoT uptime isn't good. I run into the problem of DoTs falling when I'm 1-2 casts away from an eclipse, so I generally push toward the eclipse instead of wasting globals to reDoT, then DoT again once I'm at eclipse. Is this poor judgment?
Please let me know if you see any other problems in the log.
Also, after I gemmed, enchanted, and reforged my new gear from tonight I spent some time on the test dummies in Org. I DPSed for roughly 3 minutes straight and came out around 91k DPS on the dummy with only self-buffs. I downloaded the latest Simcraft and ran my character through for test dummy target, only self buffs, and elite player skill and came out around 93k DPS. Do those numbers sound right? Is Simcraft reliable for boomkin? I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed with the low numbers even after adding so much gear to my character! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Chii/advanced
I'm very eager to learn how to best play boomkin and I appreciate your help so much!
Last edited by Chisato; 2013-04-30 at 06:00 AM.