Power word Shield add-on

Hi There,

my priest is about to hit 85.
    So far I've been healing fine with just the WoW raid UI.
    I'm tracking stuff with Need to Know and Power aura's, as well as using decursive.
    I can't get Grid or Pitbull setup as I'd like to, and honestly have given up on them, I also don't like healbot or clique ( sorry stubborn bastard here ).
    Pherhaps since I can't get them setup as I'd wish.
    I just can't find a decent Add-on to display the remainder of my Power word Shield on the tank.
    Power aura's and need to know, display stacks, or duration, but not remaining shield.
    I'd like to get my setup optimised before I plunge into hc's and raids.

What do you guys use ?

Thanks in advance.

If you use Event Horizon and are mousing over the tank it will display the remainder of the shield time as well as the timer for weakened soul (or w/e the hell the debuff is that wony let you recast it.) As well as tracking things like Renew and stacks of evangalism if you're disc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowspawn115 View Post
    If you use Event Horizon and are mousing over the tank it will display the remainder of the shield time as well as the timer for weakened soul (or w/e the hell the debuff is that wony let you recast it.) As well as tracking things like Renew and stacks of evangalism if you're disc.

Thanks for the tip, however,
    the Wow raid UI also lets me see the remainder if I mouse over the actual shield.
    The problem is just, that I don't want have to mouse over to see how much is left.
    I'd like to have a visual bar or representation of how much shield is left, just on my screen, up when the shield is up, displaying the remainder, and gone when the shield is down.
    Similar like a bar from Need to Know.

i use vudho; it shows me the remaining time on the raidframe

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    i use vudho; it shows me the remaining time on the raidframe
    Need to Know can show me time remaining as well.
    I'm not only interested in the time remaining, since that gives me no insight in how long my shield will last. ( is it at 2k absorb and has 10 secs of uptime but is it about to drop off due to damage, or still at 13k absorb with 10 seconds left ? )
    I just want to see how much absorb is left so I can time my heal after it drops off better.
    It seems there is no add-on out there that will let me do that, either that or it's very hard to find.

Deleted
    Like grap said Vuhdo is ace i use it and dont have any problems .. it sounds like ur trying to over complicate things a little .. needing to know how much absorb is left i think is not necacery the main idea is the get the bubble to pop to proc rapture , but if thats how u play then fair one ... vuhdo has an option which allows u to trac the cool down on the shield and the full duration on weakend soul on the bars of each person effected in ur vudho grid and also tracks the strenth of divine agis shield strenth and duration till if falls off .
    Failing that theres on addon i use called "Hotcandy" set up is easy and tracks a few things like PWS and gives a bar with name of person .. shields strenth and time left .. i dont know if theres an addon out there thats shows a numerical figure that decreases as damage is taken . in hcs and raid environment ur shields wont last long believe me ur shields will get depleted with one hit usualy .. hope this helps .
    Last edited by mmocd84b73c49d; 2011-10-06 at 10:01 AM.

The add on you are looking for, Vindicatu, is DiscShieldsHelper, but to warn you, I thought this addon would change my life, but in reality, for me, it ended up being clutter. It's just too much information to process quickly along with everything else you're doing and the information still really doesn't change what spell you're going to cast next in practice. The only information needed there is +/- WS or DA.

The only time it actually changed anything was when I was running through farm content and I wanted to see how much I could cheese a raidwide hit w/ overheal PoHs for big DAs. Because it was farm content, I could take the time to find out which groups I had already mostly maxed out quickly due to RNG crits.

Honestly, VuhDo really gives all the information you need to be the best.

Quote Originally Posted by [-Spiritus-] View Post
    The add on you are looking for, Vindicatu, is DiscShieldsHelper, but to warn you, I thought this addon would change my life, but in reality, for me, it ended up being clutter. It's just too much information to process quickly along with everything else you're doing and the information still really doesn't change what spell you're going to cast next in practice. The only information needed there is +/- WS or DA.

The only time it actually changed anything was when I was running through farm content and I wanted to see how much I could cheese a raidwide hit w/ overheal PoHs for big DAs. Because it was farm content, I could take the time to find out which groups I had already mostly maxed out quickly due to RNG crits.

Honestly, VuhDo really gives all the information you need to be the best.

I already tried DiscShieldsHelper but indeed, found that to disturbing since it's doesn't stay at 1 position.
    I'll give Vuhdo a try and will give up on PW:S Addon.

Thanks for the advice.

Grid has an addon that shows this called GridStatusShield. I'd post a link, but I can't.

Oh, and it's not a bar but instead a text readout of the remaining shield. I used to use it, but like people said above that much detail proved to be mostly worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatu View Post
    I already tried DiscShieldsHelper but indeed, found that to disturbing since it's doesn't stay at 1 position.
    Actually, you can give it a static position in the settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by '[-Spiritus-
    I thought this addon would change my life, but in reality, for me, it ended up being clutter. It's just too much information to process quickly along with everything else you're doing and the information still really doesn't change what spell you're going to cast next in practice.
    I also thought this information would change how I played and also found it to be just clutter.