Poll: Dominion: Yay or nay?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I'm not really a fan. I like the fastpaced style, but everything else? Not my thing.
    I do like some of the items in Dominion, especially the Odyn's Veil.

What I would like to see implemented into SR from Dominion are the Odyn's Veil and the passive experience gain would be cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summoner's Rift now just is too boring to me. I think its from the months of playing it constantly and now having something that is double the speed in terms of gold, exp and fun. I love having my items that allow me to wreck face early on

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

It's awful. It's a game mode that was created for aggressive teenagers and it does a good job there, but for anyone who enjoys the tactical gameplay and different phases of Summoner's Rift.. It just isn't very fun.

It's a very good way to farm IP though.
    "That's his talent, the dead answer his call."
    "They answer his call. And there are a lot more of the dead than there are of the living."

From an e-sports perspective...

15 minutes of--- AND ANOTHER GREAT LAST HIT BY THE RANGED AP CARRY --- is not entertaining... In the time it takes to get to those big 5v5 AOE fests, you can play an entire game of dominion.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love it if only it rewards people who have my mindset; overly-aggresive and almost suicidal. You can save the team by preventing tower caps while getting points for martyring yourself. It's absolutely perfect for someone like me :P

I like it. It's mindless fun, and I really don't even care if I lose. Granted, pugs are even WORSE than in SR, but when you get a group of people who know what they're doing together (there's a group of us who play who did the honor grind in classic WoW so we're extremely familiar with it) it's even more fun.

i think its okay, dont think its amazing but sure it's fun and relaxing sometimes.

summoners rift is awesome tho, cant get enough=)
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Haven't played it yet - Blame Disgaea 4 coming out recently. It has eaten my soul.

From what I've seen from my roommates playing it and streams I've watched, I think I'd enjoy playing it but can't take it remotely serious yet. Fast paced and, at least to me, not as long-termed, ramping punishments for mistakes. It should fit in nicely as something I can do when I don't have too much time but want to play.

I don't think my approach will change even as it gets more balanced over time. However, technically never played it, so...we'll just have to see. The more objective-based a PvP game is, the more I've tended to enjoy it, so I'm looking forward to it a bit....once Disgaea is through devouring me~

Edit: Basically, I hope to get a different enjoyment out of Dominion than I do SR. Difference between long term strategy and short term battles where death isn't the dominating factor. Both have their tactical requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer SR, but Dominion does fill that 20 min gap between classes well.

Deleted
    I think it's kinda fun, but still prefer summoners rift

Quote Originally Posted by hx9 View Post
    From an e-sports perspective...

15 minutes of--- AND ANOTHER GREAT LAST HIT BY THE RANGED AP CARRY --- is not entertaining... In the time it takes to get to those big 5v5 AOE fests, you can play an entire game of dominion.
    Essentially this.

DotA mode is still fun, entertaining to watch, and has a degree of competitiveness while Dominion is equally entertaining to watch as well as being balls to the wall fun. It's like comparing Street Fighter/Tekken and Guilty Gear/MvC3, where both achieve the same at the same pace, but people prefer either or.

At least it's not creep denying.

Quote Originally Posted by Erakir View Post
    Haven't played it yet - Blame Disgaea 4 coming out recently. It has eaten my soul.

From what I've seen from my roommates playing it and streams I've watched, I think I'd enjoy playing it but can't take it remotely serious yet. Fast paced and, at least to me, not as long-termed, ramping punishments for mistakes. It should fit in nicely as something I can do when I don't have too much time but want to play.

I don't think my approach will change even as it gets more balanced over time. However, technically never played it, so...we'll just have to see. The more objective-based a PvP game is, the more I've tended to enjoy it, so I'm looking forward to it a bit....once Disgaea is through devouring me~

Edit: Basically, I hope to get a different enjoyment out of Dominion than I do SR. Difference between long term strategy and short term battles where death isn't the dominating factor. Both have their tactical requirements.
    SO YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HASN'T PLAYED IT. >8c
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

I think its Ok, though I still prefer Summoner's Rift much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    great change to default, a nice fun but summoner's rift is still the most balanced
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I love it. Only because Im about 3 weeks into the game and Im behind the SR power curve. That and it's super fast paced and supportive of my champions I prefer playing.

My favorite part about dominion is that it's a shorter game than summoners rift, so i can have a quick game between classes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on what champ I'm playing, I vastly prefer Dominion over SR. The fast game play keeps me entertained and a non-superb KDR doesn't reflect badly unless you're horrible at capping/holding bases. Overall though, after transitioning back to SR for the Xerath patch, I went crazy over having so little gold and I (stupidly) got myself killed numerous times because my mind was still in the dominion mentality of 5 second respawns.

Edit: Also, I've had more luck overall with solo queuing for dominion as carrying my own weight reflects better in Dominion than relying on an uncoordinated team in SR.
    Last edited by Maldezzar; 2011-10-06 at 11:03 PM. Reason: One more thing...

It's great if you want a quick game, but Summoner's Rift is still better overall(especially in terms of balance...fuck you Rammus).
    Last edited by blackangel209; 2011-10-06 at 11:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackangel209 View Post
    It's great if you want a quick game, but Summoner's Rift is still better overall(especially in terms of balance...fuck you Rammus).
    You know what Rammus says to that?

"ok"

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Dominion was fun the first four times, but got kinda boring after that. Summoner's Rift will always be my favorite. The fact that some champions are almost useless in Dominion sucks. Every team that does good have either Rammus, Evelina, or Twitch.

I feel Riot should make "skins" for Summoner's Rift, kinda like the old snow map. Which would be free of course. Does anyone know why they even removed the snow map to start with? It was so good...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpopiev2 View Post
    "ok"
    "yep"