Hello people!

I never opened a funny thread before, but this story I simply have to tell....
if you have other funny ban stories, please share them with us!

I went to Italy for a couple of days, kind of a holiday.
I took my laptop with me so that I could play World of Warcraft in the evening (since I'm not that "going out" kind a' guy).
Well ... I startet WoW, entered my Email and Password ... Entered my Authenticator Code ... and finally realized that I've must mistyped my password or authenticator code...
Well ok, let's do it again ... Entered my Email and password ... blah blah you know where this is going ...

Suddenly: Your account has been locked due to suspicious activity.

I thought "WHAAAAAT ?!" ... Ok, so let's talk to the support team ...

I gave the guy from the support my email adress and one charakter name to identify myself, then i gave him my birth date and some other info ...
The support guy said: "Ok, i see that there has been an attempt to login to your account."
So I answered: "That is why you've banned my account? I've mistyped my password many times before."
And the guy from support: "nono, the password was entered correctly. i can see that the login attempt was made from italy, but you're not from there ..."

well, that was the pointe of the story if you want to know why my account was banned reed further.

Then i told him that i'm on freakin' holiday in Italy and why they ban my account if the password was correct?
So he explained to me, that the system does such banning actions automatically. If someone tries to login to your account the system sees where the attempt came from, it the origin of the login attempt is different to the account holders country of origin the system will ban the accont whether the password was entered correctly or not ...

also i have no idea what the support worker did then, but he unbanned my account and from then on i was able to login from italy ...

what were your funny ban stories ?