10+ Year Old Account

some advice for going into raiding

Hi guys,
    I am after some help with regards to getting into raiding 10 mans on my disc priest, Now i am in mostly 371 pvp gear with a couple of 378 peices..
    My stats are (self buff only no flasks etc)
    spell power: 9248
    haste: +1.5%
    combat regen: 2400
    crit: 13%
    mastery: 8.65
    i have 119000 mana

Basicly just asking what should i do to get into raiding again? i have raided high end on a Rogue and a Tankadin so knowing the dungeons/raids isnt the problem its just i cant see 346/359 being an upgrade but then ive never raid healed before i only heal in pvp.

Cheers
    Zippo

Run Heroic dungeons/ZAs for JPs/VPs and buy PVE gear.

Pick up some cheap i359s or higher on the AH.

Put all your PVP gear in the bank (except perhaps weapons)

Some 378 pvp gear may be ok but I woudlnt want you healing my raids with too many PVP pieces.

Pretty much^^^

All that 4200+ resillience rating is completely worthless in a raid, you're losing that much in other secondary stats (haste, mastery, crit even).
    Eat the downgraded ilvl to Zandalar gear and pick up the VP stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the quick responses guys, I was concerned the the resi on items would be the obvious problem but i was just more worried the drop in int/spirit from the higher ilevels would screw me over.
    So aside from weapons i should do 359+ > over the pvp gear regardless of the stat drops on int/spirit etc and would 359 gear be ok to step into the currently nerfed firelands raids?

Thanks
    Zippo

You're going to eventually want to gear more for mastery/haste, depending on preference. There's still a lot of debate over which is better for disc. Technically, crit is also a viable build, but its much less stable since it relies heavily on getting big crits for aegis procs when you need them.

General rule, if you have enough spirit, pvp gear isn't going to be terrible for you. If you can though, try to pick up a tier 11 4-set or a tier 12 2-set before going into firelands. Either one will give you a pretty solid mana boost that you'll need since you aren't going to have quite the throughput of a pve geared priest until your secondary stats pick up. Although in most cases Intellect > all, the secondary stats your losing out on do add up.

Best recommendation I can give you, you're more than capable of healing tier 11 content now. Do a clear of BWD/BoT and get any gear you can (especially tier pieces). At that point you should be perfectly fine stepping into firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Kurzior i appreciate the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Kurzior View Post
    Best recommendation I can give you, you're more than capable of healing tier 11 content now. Do a clear of BWD/BoT and get any gear you can (especially tier pieces). At that point you should be perfectly fine stepping into firelands.
    While BWD/BoT might be fruitful, I wouldn't rely on them for gearing up. That would take too long b/c of the week long lockouts.
    The fastest gearing path is pretty much:
    1)Runs loads of Zandalar heroics
    2)buy all the PvE Valor vendor stuff, get the BoE bracers with another toon or buy them from TRADE
    3)buy the craftabale FL boots
    4)buy a Tsunami deck
    5)Doing random BGs for spare Honor and convert it to JP and hit up that vendor for gear to supplement slots that'll take you 2-3 weeks to otherwise upgrade by VP.
    6)Molten Front dailies, unlock the Moonwell for the trinket (and get the neck and cloak opening them up)

A freshly dinged toon can go from greens to 359/353 epics within a weekend very easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Themos, I actually totally forgot about the molten front dailies so cheers for the reminder
    I will start tomorrow after work as i have a free afternoon so may as well crack on for the weekend and see where i stand at the end