Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Undead stygian dolls!
    Oh god I had nightmares about those things!!

OT: I will miss the Paladin for sure... my main in D2 was a Pally and my main in WoW is one too, so I am a little biased
    Last edited by Howard Moon; 2011-10-14 at 11:42 AM.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    To the people who will miss Hammerdin: Funny thing is that the Demon Hunter in D3 will have an ability, that seems somewhat similar to the Pala's hammer. If it will be anything near as powerful, only time will tell... (Time will probably tell that it won't)

Who actually misses the hammerdin? A class that absolutely cannot ever die, and kills everything in one hit...I mean, I thought godmode would be fun all the way back when I was playing Quake I, until I realized that winning the game means nothing if it wasn't a challenge...

I don't know a single person who actually ENJOYED playing a BH paladin, they just all had one for MFing/rushing because it was safest/fastest.

Deleted
    Who actually misses the hammerdin? A class that absolutely cannot ever die, and kills everything in one hit...I mean, I thought godmode would be fun all the way back when I was playing Quake I, until I realized that winning the game means nothing if it wasn't a challenge...

I don't know a single person who actually ENJOYED playing a BH paladin, they just all had one for MFing/rushing because it was safest/fastest.
    I agree, it was too easy, but the skill was cool. And the fact that it's not completely dead is a nice thing tbh.

Deleted
    i kinda like my assasin
    but im not really gonna miss any of them
    MONK ALL THE WAY

Loved playing my necro, but also would like to see 12+ classes but oh well.

Deleted
    I will miss Paladin and Druid the most!

Paladin: because it felt cool to be the holy warrior fighting evil
    Druid: running around as a werewolf... = WIN!

I really dont understand why they took away necromancer

Suppose im sticking to Wizard in D3

I'm going to miss the Paladin (Not Hammerdin nor Smiter, eugh!), I just love his auras and abilities.. and when WoW was released I hoped that the Paladin in that was going to be as awesome as in D2.. I was slightly disappointed :/

Now as mentioned Hammerdin and Smite are really overpowered and should have been fixed a long time ago.. I'm thinking more along the lines of Zealot, Holy Shock, FoH, Vengeance.. All those specs

What I'm trying to say is.. There should be a class that uses a shield in D3, all classes seem to be able to equip one, but none of the classes actually get any benefits like shield slam'ish abilities or block bonuses etc.
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Deleted
    I agree a lot of classes will be missed, but then again, a lot of the new ones look really cool as well. And also, there will be expansions, where more classes are likely to be added.

Deleted
    For a defensive character, the paladin sure did a hell of a lot more damage than the barbarian. So much for barbarians being masters of combat with skin as tough as iron.

See, even in Diablo paladins are overpowered, if only the WoW players could see this =)
    I had a titan barb with a polearm that also did a huge amount of damage Probably not that far behind blessed hammer damage. I could probably do the math to find out just how far behind...if I can remember the gear I was using.

*edit*
    I just did some serious thinking and this is the damage with the gear I remember having (can't remember the magical charms I had, I do remember having perfect attributes anni & torch) :
    Minimum whirlwind damage : 6168.6
    Maximum whirlwind damage : 17030.7
    Chance of crushing blow (25% hp damage to non boss/player targets) : 25%
    Chance of double damage (deadly strike "combined" with critical strike) : 59.44%
    Whirlwind speed : 4 fpa (6.2 attacks per second)

So an average damage of 11599.65 is good enough to compete with a lot of the starting hammerdin in terms of damage but obviously hammer damage could go a lot higher if you don't include that I'm doing double that damage at least half the time.

This of course is something not to try on hardcore (unless you're rich & have lots of time) because it's a barb with every stat dumped into strength, damage was calculated with a lvl90 char in mind because I think I stopped it at 90.

Personally I'll miss this very option...to go full strength! and my smiter
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2011-10-19 at 09:05 AM.

I only played hardcore, survivability was pretty important =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna miss my Hammerdin
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Deleted
    Assassin.
    After I played one, I could never play another class anymore. The rest is just so...slow (except for teleporting characters I suppose).
    I absolutely loved the assassin, all different kinds of builds.

Building up over 100k on sheet damage in multi-elemental charge as a rainbowsin =/
    Really wish the demon hunter was half as interesting as the assassin.

Deleted
    I only played hardcore, survivability was pretty important =p
    Well, it had a tiny bit of survivability It had max res in hell and don't recall a death actually, everything else died so fast

Extra strong fire enchanted champion undead stygian dolls? :x

I miss my Necromancer sooo much

The necro brings up a good point I've been thinking about but never see anyone talk about, I hope they add aura enchanted items in D3 =/

The summoner with concentration/might/fanaticism/thorns auras and an army of skeletons and urdars...so awsum >_>

I'll miss every class that was able to use awesome aura builds...

Deleted
    Extra strong fire enchanted champion undead stygian dolls? :x
    Those actually only killed me the first time I bumped into them, I don't get how people complain about those so much =s

What did kill me several times was the buggy ancient exploding guy, pissed me off so much.
    Last edited by mmoc70c145fdaf; 2011-10-19 at 10:52 PM.