Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Extra strong fire enchanted champion undead stygian dolls? :x
    Those actually only killed me the first time I bumped into them, I don't get how people complain about those so much =s

    What did kill me several times was the buggy ancient exploding guy, pissed me off so much.
    Last edited by dahmer; 2011-10-19 at 10:52 PM.
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Those actually only killed me the first time I bumped into them, I don't get how people complain about those so much =s

    What did kill me several times was the buggy ancient exploding guy, pissed me off so much.
    Because they explode for like 25k damage, if you don't block it it one shots you :x
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  3. #63
    I'll definately be missing Javazon. Loved playing javazon ! I guess I'll have to settle with demon hunter

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Because they explode for like 25k damage, if you don't block it it one shots you :x
    There are so many ways to kill them and be far enough away to not get hit by the explosion ^^
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    *edit*
    I just did some serious thinking and this is the damage with the gear I remember having (can't remember the magical charms I had, I do remember having perfect attributes anni & torch) :
    Minimum whirlwind damage : 6168.6
    Maximum whirlwind damage : 17030.7
    Chance of crushing blow (25% hp damage to non boss/player targets) : 25%
    Chance of double damage (deadly strike "combined" with critical strike) : 59.44%
    Whirlwind speed : 4 fpa (6.2 attacks per second)
    (
    There is a global physical resistance of 50% in hell.
    CB's damage is also halfed (or even "quarterd") in hell.
    If you did you can't add your critical strike chance from items and skills.
    These are two seperate rolls. If one is positve
    the other one won't have an effect.

    The Hammerdin has no resistance or immunitys.

    Edit: I will not miss any class. If I want to play them again I can still do it in Diablo II.

    Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by Ephieria; 2011-10-20 at 09:57 PM.

  6. #66
    Necromancer. I'm gonna miss having a huge minion army.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Ephieria View Post
    There is a global physical resistance of 50% in hell.
    CB's damage is also halfed (or even "quarterd") in hell.
    If you did you can't add your critical strike chance from items and skills.
    These are two seperate rolls. If one is positve
    the other one won't have an effect.

    The Hammerdin has no resistance or immunitys.

    Edit: I will not miss any class. If I want to play them again I can still do it in Diablo II.

    Sorry for my english.
    Ok I completely forgot about the crushing blow damage and I didn't add the deadly strike & critical strike like A+B, I found a formula somewhere that works out like it works ingame.

    The 50% physical resistance doesn't actually matter because the attack speed makes up for that, whirlwind hits much faster than 125% fcr hammers.

    Lets ignore crushing blow because of the lowered affect on hell mode and put everything together :
    A) barbarian with stats listed above doing dmg constantly for a minute :
    whirlwind at 4 fpa = 6.25 attacks per second = 375 attacks in one minute with a 95% chance to hit = 356 attacks hit
    - double damage hits :
    212 attacks will do double the damage -> 11600 average damage per hit * 2 (double dmg) * 50% (physical resistance) = 11600 dmg per hit
    11600 * 212 = 2459200 total damage

    - normal damage hits :
    144 attacks -> 11600 average damage per hit * 50% (physical resistance) = 5800 dmg per hit
    5800 * 144 = 835200 total damage

    All combined in one minute of constant hitting that barb should do about 3294400 damage

    B) Hammerdin doing 18k average dmg with blessed hammer with one minute of hammers doing constant damage
    blessed hammer at 9 fpa = 2.778 attacks per second = 166 attacks in one minute
    18000 average damage * 166 attacks = 2988000 total damage

    Hammerdin doing 20k average dmg with blessed hammer with one minute of hammers doing constant damage
    20000 average damage * 166 attacks = 3320000 total damage

    It takes 20k hammer damage to do more damage in the same time with constant attacking. Good luck getting that, it's not so easy.
    On top of that constant attacking with a hammerdin will burn your mana if I remember right and require you do a lot of potting while the barbarian can whirlwind all day & all night with a little bit of ml.

    The main difference of course is that the barbarian I showed stats of is one with full strength and very low survivability and that's where the hammerdin clearly wins. It takes full strength and really good gear to beat hammer damage.

    *edit*
    Another thing I forgot to mention, this is with both having their own aura's (or merc) and in a full game the barbarian will have a rather high advantage. Barb would get a boost from following :
    - concentration aura changing from lvl20 (merc) to lvl38 (paladin) = 345% -> 615%
    - barb could then change the merc to one with a lvl15 fanaticism bow = 144% extra damage

    That's pretty much what I'm going to miss, it was so much fun doing a whirlwind through mobs and everything just dropping dead before anyone else could touch them....only time will tell if I can make a barb somewhat like that again
    Last edited by dahmer; 2011-10-21 at 09:37 AM.
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  8. #68
    The druid. Damn it was fun running around raining havoc on the minions of the three while my spirit companions kept me safe.
    Good times.

    And the paladin. A paladin seems more.. awesome than a monk somehow.

  9. #69
    Hammerdins come with meditation aura on merc, infinite mana by default. Also, they always hit for pure damage, whirlwind gets massively reduced by a number of factors, including the totally awesome physical immune mod. Very few mobs are magic immune, those that are get taken care of by the mercenary.

    Combine that with 75% chance to block where the barb has zero because he has to use a two hander to get those whirlwind numbers, teleport because he can use enigma where a barbarian probably has to use CoH to get those numbers, and being "ranged," as ranged as hammers count for, where the whirlwind barb is forced to melee stygian dolls to death (who's explosion damage he can't block because he isn't using a shield)...all in all, hammerdins are overpowered in every way. Barbarians are very strong, no doubt, and Frenzy is still the fastest mob running build last I checked, but barbs still aren't paladins. They have to sacrifice a *lot* of survivability for damage, paladins do not.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2011-10-21 at 05:59 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  10. #70
    I so forgot about meditation on a merc probably because I didn't play that much with my hammerdin. I just loved smite too much to toss hammers around
    An Apple fanboy called me a retard.
    In the real world that makes me a genius.

  11. #71
    Dreadlord Derivatives's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    Posts
    825
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarthi View Post
    Question is simple what class will you miss in Diablo 3. I'll miss Druid and Necromancer it was fun to summon grizzli or some skeletons ... or burn some faces with armagedon .
    The Necromancer, but expansions may bring back Diablo 2 characters (only massively redone) as Blizzard's already announced.
    Power?!?! I'll show you POWER!!!

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post

    B) Hammerdin doing 18k average dmg with blessed hammer with one minute of hammers doing constant damage
    blessed hammer at 9 fpa = 2.778 attacks per second = 166 attacks in one minute
    18000 average damage * 166 attacks = 2988000 total damage

    Hammerdin doing 20k average dmg with blessed hammer with one minute of hammers doing constant damage
    20000 average damage * 166 attacks = 3320000 total damage

    It takes 20k hammer damage to do more damage in the same time with constant attacking. Good luck getting that, it's not so easy.
    On top of that constant attacking with a hammerdin will burn your mana if I remember right and require you do a lot of potting while the barbarian can whirlwind all day & all night with a little bit of ml.

    The main difference of course is that the barbarian I showed stats of is one with full strength and very low survivability and that's where the hammerdin clearly wins. It takes full strength and really good gear to beat hammer damage.
    One Hammer hits 3 to 5 times. Remeber it circles around the paladin. The first and second hits are given. But you can easily hit up to 10 different targets with one hammer.

  13. #73
    Ah, my dear Amazon... I shall mis thee.

  14. #74
    They shold of never got rid of Necromancer imo =(

  15. #75
    The amazon for sure

  16. #76
    Bloodsail Admiral Haftepaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,011
    Necromancer for me, even if Witch Doctor reminds me of one i won't play it. I'll try something new this time, going for the Demon Hunter. ^^

  17. #77
    Field Marshal Grassfarmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Kargath- US
    Posts
    66
    Paladin for me.

    This would make a great poll.

  18. #78
    Barbarian is already in the game and Sorceresses are as well for all intents and purposes. The Witch Doctor is spiritual successor of the Necromancer (and I honestly much prefer the style of the WD) and the Assassin and Amazon are both well represented in the Demon Hunter and Monk. Druid and Paladin are the only two classes I feel aren't satisfyingly represented and in the case of the Druid it's only really the shape shifting that isn't (although they were the most common builds).

  19. #79
    Pandaren Monk Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Enchanted Forest near the city of Keldor
    Posts
    1,816
    Druids and Necromancers. I love summoning classes which is why I am rolling a witch doctor but necromancers most of all, I miss my skeleton army, as useless as it was :P

  20. #80
    Amazon that hits for 10k fire damage due to a glitch in early D2 where gem damage was mutilplied exponentially be weapon damage if the gems/weapon shared a damage type

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •