Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    since theyve proved they can do it would be quite nice for them to do some more, prehaps a legendary staff that does something.

or a tank staff that changes your bear form or something

@feline, all the druids and hunters in my guild have, its starting to go to our healers for OS stuff now
    Last edited by mmoc70d56fa5f0; 2011-10-07 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyIllidan View Post
    I've said it before, I'll say it again.

Blizzard didn't give us ANYTHING by giving us fire cat form.
    Well they gave us a fire cat model. I don't see why the reasons it was created are relevant.

You've got to accept that Feral is pretty niche. The idea that they'd make a Feral legendary that could be used as a hunter stat stick seems ludicrous. I think it's much more likely that they'd tag it on to either a 2h strength mace legendary for Plate users (with an option for a 2h agi mace with a form changing aspect) or when they get around to doing a tank legendary make that a mace and again have options for 2h str and 2h agi and 1h str.

Plate users haven't had one since Shadowmourne and Warriors not getting a legendary this expansion is unprecedented, they'll be given one next expac. Our best hope would be that we could leech of their quest/model like DKs and Paladins did with Shadowmourne as they are the chosen ones in regard to legendary. They should really let Druids use 2h Axe as well, could start adding 2h agi axes for hunters/druids just to mix up the staff/polearm rotation.

It looks like they're going to continue to add bonus though that mix things up a bit for Ferals which is nice. The data mined Deathwing polearm has a stacking proc which increases our size up to 100%, double sized Cats and bears should be fun!

Ultimately they're all poor in the face of a proper customisation of forms. I'd really like a Tame Pet type ability called Copy Form that we could use on felines, ursines and certain other special creatures and take a Druidic version of their form. It would make cats and bears much more diverse, not to mention they could add in the odd Heroic only encounter add to give top end raiding ferals some exclusivity for a while when they copy that form and add it to their "stable" of images. You could also add some solo quests/challenges etc.. to get rarer forms for non-raiding players and aware some armoured models to the top pvpers of the previous season.

Deleted
    I rather have a fire kitty all the time instead of a legendary tbh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I'd really like a Tame Pet type ability called Copy Form that we could use on felines, ursines and certain other special creatures and take a Druidic version of their form.
    Best. Idea. Ever. Seriously.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While i couldn't care less for a legendary. The only thing keeping me from rolling a bear tank, is that their look is so DULL. Both the cat and bear. They really, really don't look like anything that could either take damage or deal it. It looks silly to see a bear tanking a dragon imo. I think they should alter looks with gear. So that your bear or cat doesn't look like some fluffy thing, without any armor and tiny little claws. Don't care if it is done with items or they just generally change the look of them. but they neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed new models....

If they altered your armor then people would just complain that their bear/cat got uglier.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Well, at least one of their specs can use the legendary. The thing about a legendary for the "fire kitties" is that you wouldn't even see it, unless it modified appearance similar to the flame staff.
    It totally can if they decide to make a feral legendary some time. And for bear too.

Couldn't care less. Upgraded ranseur to heroic and now tanking with the fire staff - so obviously the effect doesn't show.
    All I care about is good itemisation and what does more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    By far you've had 2 staves for moonkin and val'anyr, hammer of ancient kings for resto. Now that I think of it, atiesh was for resto too, wasn't it?
    This.

I'm not one to complain, but Thor'idal was at the end of BC as a filler raid. Rofl. I don't care about legendaries, and I don't cry about them.

And the reason I DON'T play a druid is because I don't like the idea of being in cat/bear all the time, not being able to see armor.

Comes with the class. And I know for a fact that if I played a feral, and I was complaining about a legendary, I'd realize that I'd never see it, and let it go.

But, maybe that's just me.

I dunno, I'm kind of disappointed that Fire Kitties can't be used as cooking fires, like the Ragnaros pet :-P

Id like a legendary. I havent used the fire kitty staff for long, since I rather use the upgraded pole arm.. so .p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reape View Post
    @feline, all the druids and hunters in my guild have, its starting to go to our healers for OS stuff now

... ... /cry, I hate RNG. D:

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50362 would like to have a word with you.
    That trinket is from an entire expansion ago, therefor, not relevant to due no sane player would equip it due to the massive loss of stats. All Ferals are asking for is some variety in appearance, without having to downgrade performance, as no other class has to do that. Shadow priests likely will not count any longer, as they appear to have an appearance glyph on the current PTR for Shadowform.

The problem with a legendary that feral druids can use is that feral druids are more than just kitty. People need to understand that if you give kitty druids a legendary, then the tanking world would be turned upside down. Bear will be the #1 tank which will cause a whole new set of problems for the classes who do not get a tanking legendary. The ONLY fair solution would be to create a legendary that had smart stats that adjusted to your highest stat (like many trinkets do now), or a quest line that let you pick your weapon at the end.

The reason the legendary can't be a mace is because Warriors/Paladins/DK's can go fuck themselves. There is no way they deserve/should have access to another orange so soon. It has to be a staff/polearm, and even then said plate DPS would have access to it, so it would have to be class restricted to ferals/hunters only. Obviously I'm biased, because that's my main/favorite alt, but it's a well known fact that the two classes are more deserving than ANY other (excluding maybe enhance shamans) in terms of who should get an orange.

The argument of "You can't see it in cat form" is invalid, all it needs is a proc to make it evident. The argument of "You've had a caster weapon, so yes you did have a legendary" makes me want to literally punch people in the face. Fact of the matter is, we've had nothing. And we're due.

Ragnaros weapon >>>> Fire kitty model.

I'm sorry, but the level of entitlement in this thread is kind of staggering. I really don't get the QQ about your form, it's not like you didn't know beforehand that you were going to be in cat/bear form the entire time. It comes with the class; and I don't think you can honestly expect Blizz to devote as much time to a single spec as they would to an entire class.

Quote Originally Posted by vaccine View Post
    I'd really like a Tame Pet type ability called Copy Form that we could use on felines, ursines and certain other special creatures and take a Druidic version of their form. It would make cats and bears much more diverse, not to mention they could add in the odd Heroic only encounter add to give top end raiding ferals some exclusivity for a while when they copy that form and add it to their "stable" of images. You could also add some solo quests/challenges etc.. to get rarer forms for non-raiding players and aware some armoured models to the top pvpers of the previous season.
    Why have I never seen and/or thought of this idea before? That would be freaking awesome. Please, go suggest it on the official forums. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Krafmon View Post
    You do realize that effects which alter your appearance don't work when we shift into cat form or any other druid form for that matter? im pretty sure you never played a feral/moonkin.

And as for being a special snowflake no, but every other class gets new look every tier with new gear, we dont, we always look the same no matter what gear we have so excuse me if i wanna look a bit different from time to time.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50362/deathbringers-will

I used to be a cat that looked like a human during ICC.

what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dombow View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=50362/deathbringers-will

I used to be a cat that looked like a human during ICC.

what are you talking about?
    This is shameless, "are you happy with looking like a flaming fire cat" well... duh. If you aren't you have a problem, you want a legendary go boomkin.. bored with the way you look? Heal.

You guys get to look like so many different things the fact that they made a weapon with an effect for ONE class and ONE spec is pretty bold in the first place. Maybe I should complain when they make a warlock only staff that only works for demonology that makes my meta permenant.

Be glad ur feral look isn't a cd