Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Supernatural Powers - What would you have?

Pick a power you would love to have out of these :

Immortal - Never die.

Super Speed - Fast.

Invisibility - Become invisible

Time Travel - Travel back and forward in time.

Mind Reading - Read the persons mind

Super Strong - Beat up anyone in your path.

Freeze Time - Do things while others are frozen.

What would you have?

10+ Year Old Account
    read your own mind

yeh mind reading would be nice :P

Mind reading would be fun, and probably a big downer when you could tell what everyone was really thinking about what you say / hwo you act. lol

I'd travel back in time and keep choosing a different power until I have all the powers listed.

Toss up between time travel and stopping time. I think I'd go with time travel though. Just do things over and over until you get the result you want. As long as it's not like the butterfly effect where my brain explodes because of too much info.

Deleted
    rewind/ or continue time.

Deleted
    Immortal obviously, that would grant me the ability to experience everything at it's maximun with fear and great adrenaline, would rock alot, also i could learn lots and lots of things which would be the main reason why i choose the immortal option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immortal is the easy choice. Freeze time is a good one too though... lots of creative things you could do with that.

Deleted
    Out of those things : freeze time.

My own : firebending. Yeah ...

Deleted
    yeah travelling through space and time'd be awesome, invisibility aswell

Deleted
    Time travel, not because I want to mess with time but it would also serve as a teleport. Like if you time traveled to china 2 sec in the future. But invisibility and mind reading are not far behind.

i want to be immortal and freeze time
    Apothecary Wormcrud says: Touch my chicken and I will kill you in your sleep. Am I understood?

Deleted
    Immortality. Definitely. I want to see how the story ends.

Time travel a close second.
    Imagine going back to see actual dinosaurs, the building of the pyramids, gladiator combats in the Colosseum in Rome, Jesus on the cross, a viking raid, neanderthals, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    None of the above: Add telekinesis to the list (moving objects with your mind)

Immortal sounds cool but outliving everyone you ever know will get old. Most people would abuse the ability to freeze time for sure and would do some things they definetly shouldn't. I'd might choose mind reading but only if I could decide when I want to use it, don't need to be hearing what other people think at all times. I'd probably go super speed because I'm a sprinter and I like to go fast.

Immortal + Time Travel.

I'd love Time Travel. But that's an awful lot to do with a limited life span.

Shapeshifting would be my preferred power though. Only if it let me defy physics and become something with greater mass than myself. I would be a monster!

The ability for "Carry on my Wayward Son" to play and recap people on the past few months of what's been going on... No? Not on the list?

I guess I'll settle for Immortal then, I wonder what type of immortality it is though, I mean I take it I can still be injured? beheaded? crushed in to a small cube? Might be inconvenient.

Probably freezing time... I'd choose time-travel, but there are too many potential abuses of doing so.

Freeze time seems to be the most amusing/beneficial from your list.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... In most of these I can see consequences. When you stop time, do you stop aging as well? (e.g., I stop time at age 32, I unfreeze it a year later and my body has progressed to age 33) Time travel would be nice if it didn't butterfly effect. Also, there is the theory that because the Earth is moving and spinning, it would be highly improbable that if you time traveled you would end up on Earth, even in the same spot. Then there is the "The Time Machine" (H.G. Wells) problem where because multiple matter can't occupy the same location at the same time you could end up time traveling from one location and end up in a location with matter already present, causing a negative reaction. Super strong would be good except that you might lose control and hurt a loved one on accident. Mind reading would be a nightmare because people tend to not think coherent sentences but rather fragments. Immortal might sound good, but your friends and family all die, you might still age, your memory is limited, eventually people will notice you're not dying (so you essentially become a lab rat), the end of the universe, and civilization evolves and you look like a freak. If you're fully invisible then your retinas (or is it corneas?) aren't shown, so they can't take in light (remember, light passes through you) and thus you're blind. Super speed would be good until you hit a bug, or a hole, or you jump, or you hit another person.

Personally, I'd pick freeze time.