Thread: A Foreign girl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    I would suggest you to forget her, it's just an infatuation. Unless you are rich and can pursue a 7.5k kilometers romance.
    You don't either know if she reciprocates. If both of you fell in love, I would understand and approve. But like this, your fantasy is running too much forward.
    Also, how old are you, if I may ask?
    I am 22, she is 21. Lives in Seoul and is from what i know not "bound" to someone else. Im trying to get an email from my friend because it seems she dont use facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
    because it seems she dont use facebook.
    Ok, date her.

:P

Jokes aside, my previous answer might have been too harsh, but I have sort of experience with long distance relations and they're surely beautiful, but pain and tears await you. Don't get further into this unless you really fell in love. If it's just an infatuation, turn away. If you decide to pursue this, please, do not send flowers or anything like that yet. Try to speak with her more normally, thru MSN, ICQ, Skype, email, pigeons or whatever they use in Korea.
    Also, if you get in a relation with her, you will need no little money, courage for important choices, etc...

ok.. i'm going to be brutally honest here.. the farthest you will get with her is pen pals

good luck breaking through that force field which is known as her parents and the typical close-mindedness that our previous generation has of only marrying/dating your own kind.. never happening.. it sucks.. but it's true

might as well save your time & energy.. unless you look like brad pitt.. have a phD from harvard and work for a top 50 world company.. then you might have a shot
    Last edited by sheffield; 2011-10-06 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    ok.. i'm going to be brutally honest here.. the farthest you will get with her is pen pals

good luck breaking through that force field which is known as her parents and the typical close-mindedness that our previous generation has of only marrying/dating your own kind.. never happening.. it sucks.. but it's true

might as well save your time & energy
    Ive tried to learn abit about the Korean culture abit and from what ive read is that Asians in general is more open minded to "White (Europeans/Americans)" compared to other races and cultures. This is what ive found on a couple of info forums and pages so its not me being racist

Ive tried to learn abit about the Korean culture abit and from what ive read is that Asians in general is more open minded to "White (Europeans/Americans)" compared to other races and cultures. This is what ive found on a couple of info forums and pages so its not me being racist
    You're wrong. Sheffield has the gist of it.

Deleted
    Korean here who lives in Europe! To be really honest, I dont think long distance relationships work unless you have been together for at least some time. Your only real option would be to actually go to Korea but if she's "bound" to someone else, that should not really be a good idea either. Maybe you should give it some more time~
    (If you really want to send her a gift, the national flower thingy does sound like a cute idea)

DUDE!

You need a slap in the face! You knew this chick for a few days tops!

Not only that but she's Korean. You could TOTALLY wind up like Leonard Hofstadter in Big Bang Theory and have your GF defect to North Korea (Though that would be HILARIOUS).

You can find someone closer to home who you're just as into...

If there is a better place to put this thread then please move it.

A couple of months ago i meet a friend from South Korea in Sweden. He was on vacation and travelling around Europe with 2 of his friends from Korea, a girl and another guy. Sadly i didnt spend to much time with them before they went on with thier trip but the time we were together i found a real physical attraction to the girl and it seemed like we also had alot in common despite our cultural diffrences. Unfortunately i never really showed her that before they left beacuse the whole situation seemed weird since she lives on the other side of the world.
    I belive that there is ONE special significant for everyone and therefore i cant get her out of my mind.. why should i settle with a Swedish chick just because the distance to other nations is a problem? it can be worked out..

So how do you approach a girl on the other side of the world? I got my friends address and he can just give a package to her if it would be my way to contact her. My thoughts so far is to send her a package containing a letter, a gift in the form of a teddy bear (i know its her favorite).

thats what i got so far.. its abit hard considering i dont know anything about the Korean culture or the way to adress people there. I dont want to offend her by writing or doing something that would be one thing in Europe but another in Korea. (you get my point)

Something im wondering about is if i should try to write her in Korean (she speaks korean, english and french fluidly) to impress and show my good nature or just keep it to english. Perhaps send her the Korean national flower dry pressed as a sweet token? My mother is a florist and can fix it.

If any of you are Korean and could give some pointers it would be very much appritiated. I know this is along shot to try this but if there is a chance ill take it. Im probobly gonna get trolled abit but this forum got people from the whole world so its the best place to ask

//EDIT
    Travelling to Korea is not an option atm
    Well i am married to a Korean.. I say send her a card in Korean and in english. To show her hey you are willing to try and learn more about her and her culture.. See if she can get on FB and you would be able to chat with her more. Also, if the relationship grows and you go to korea at some point. Try to meet the parents and bring gifts. Its not weird to follow up on someone you think you might be able to get with. You better get a pass port and start saving for a plane ticket. If she does not work o well more korean woman in korea to meet.^^

South Korea is awfully happy about Hello Kitty for some reason...

Deleted
    OP, i think this couple can give you many wanted asnwers. Funny enough they JUST released this video today.
    I know they may seem cheesy sometimes but they are verry informative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Korean girl? That's going to be a tough one to crack. You'll have to be accepted by the parents before you want to go anywhere far.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had something like that recently, the best thing you can do is be glad with the time you spent with her and move on.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by vaztes View Post
    OP, i think this couple can give you many wanted asnwers. Funny enough they JUST released this video today.
    I know they may seem cheesy sometimes but they are verry informative.
    the preview picture is enough to scare me for life, no way I'm watching that >_>

So how do you approach a girl on the other side of the world?
    just show up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Consensus: mmmmmmm korean women

Saving grace of a sad sack thread - I got to see that and feel a rush of blood to the groin.

Frankly, the OP is being melodramatic and unrealistic. It's a bit annoying especially when you've behaved in similar ways yourself in the past and when you read shit like this it reminds you of what a little girl you were.

If you are looking for the "omfg thunderbolt of love" (and from the way you are writing, that's what you want to feel) you end up projecting it onto a person whose personality is a mystery to you, but that you know small tidbits about that you like.

Mind you, we can tell you the score till we're blue in the face and you'll do what you want anyway. In a few years time you'll realise that life is best of being lived where you have no expectations of anyone and that someone you meet has a 50/50 chance of being either an asshole or awesomesauce and that it doesn't matter what happens because there are another 5'999'999'9999 possibilities for coolness, friendship and fucking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    the preview picture is enough to scare me for life, no way I'm watching that >_>
    They're having fun ;P

But seriously they give alot of good tips you can only get if you live inside korea itself, not just that video. They have plenty.

If you guys didn't say something like "let's keep in touch" and exchange contact information, then I'd say it's hopeless.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    pigeons or whatever they use in Korea.
    ROFL. Best part of your response.

You're coming off as very creepy.
    Just let her go. Cute Korean college students are quite common.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    You're coming off as very creepy.
    Just let her go. Cute Korean college students are quite common.
    From a western perspective it may seem slightly creepy.