Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Does anyone actually care about 10man H progression?

Because I don't. This isn't an actual troll post, but a legit observance. A lot of people in semi top hardcore guilds have a similar mindset. We consider 10man raids to not be actual content/raids due to how easy they usually are. Thoughts? Arguments? Flame on?

I don't think its that people don't care, but that 25m is still just viewed as the standard for progression.

i thonk iot depends on what server you my server has no 25 guids there all 10 man so in that aspect 10 mans count

As it should be, in my opinion. 25man raids are usually, with very few exceptions, much harder than their 10man equivalents.

i really enjoy raiding with a small group of people that are also interested in progressing through difficult content....so yeah i dont see how it wouldnt matter

and saying that you consider 10mans not actually content is just asking for a flame war

Eh, true. I knew I would be potentially starting something. Here, this is how I view it. 10man raids is kind of like, a casual game of *insert sport here*. You laugh, you dick around with friends etc. 25man raids are an actual competitive game, where everyone on your team is focused and driven on winning.

As far as I'm concerned 10 man guild compete with other 10 man guilds and 25 man guilds compete with other 25 man guilds.
    The difficulty might be different, but a top ranked ten man guild still consists of great players.

edit: 25 man guild myself.

Deleted
    I don't care about it. I've seen so many guilds on my server go 10 man, just to be 6/7hc after a few days. Yet it's only the 25 man guilds that have killed rag heroic (which is the only boss that is somewhat difficult anymore).

We have 22 10 man 6/7hc guilds on my server and i couldnt care less about them. Especially the 20 of them that got it after the nerf.

Deleted
    Sure someone always cares, the vast majority of players don't give a damn what others are doing in the game and dont even care about 25man normal or heroic.

TBH the only thing i care about is who is above our guild on the realm i play on. But most don't care about that also.

Gz to the guys who get world first but not really interested it has no impact on me or anyone else who wasn't trying for world first really.

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide View Post
    I don't think its that people don't care, but that 25m is still just viewed as the standard for progression.
    awesome name and avatar

Deleted
    You say this is not a troll post and then proceed to state opinion as fact (10 mans are easier than 25 mans, 10 man isn't real content etc.), which can be considered quite inflammatory. Overall I don't really care one way or the other, I just think it's stupid for people to piss on other peoples' achievements based on something as arbitrary as raid-size. It's quite impossible to give an objective view on which is harder because one can't do both modes for the first time, the second time you do something it will always feel easier (read. Paragon cherry-picking the best possible setup for heroic rag 10 and proceeding to have an easier time there).

Either way I think most people simply don't care one way or the other, as for those who do care, 25 man will always be considered the standard for progression as long as the top guilds are 25 man though that doesn't mean that 10 man isn't considered progression in itself.

*edit, just to elaborate. The difficulty of 10-mans vs 25-mans matters very little all in all, the fact that one may be easier than the other does in no way make the other one moot. That's like saying just because Arenas are different than rated BG:s anything you do in arenas is moot because RBG:s require more coordination and strategy. In tier 12 10-mans are considered easier than 25-mans, in tier 11 it was the other way around, however 25 mans have been considered the standard for progression throughout both just because the fastest guilds are 25 man.
    Last edited by mmoc780945631d; 2011-10-06 at 11:33 PM.

25's are like so easy and for people who have minimum wage jobs with no responsibilities so they can like stop work for a week or two when a patch comes out. Also they smoke dope and live at home, also, virgins.

See, I can be an ignorant jackass too.

Name one 10man tier 12 fight considered harder than it's 25man equivalent.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    Eh, true. I knew I would be potentially starting something. Here, this is how I view it. 10man raids is kind of like, a casual game of *insert sport here*. You laugh, you dick around with friends etc. 25man raids are an actual competitive game, where everyone on your team is focused and driven on winning.
    I look at it opposite way around. In 25m you can carry ppl, dick around, have fun. In 10m you need to be more focus and less goofing off because if one person messes up it's a wipe (pre-nurf). As for heroic, I could care less about either of them as I see it once you clear normal your done. :P

Well, I'm only talking about heroic here. Normal modes have been a joke forever. Also, you can't carry anyone on heroic Rag.

It's actually a pretty common joke how easy 25 mans are compared to 10s among the 10 man community. 10s have a much more narrow mistake window -absolutely everyone needs to be pulling 100% of their weight - and you get shit for loot i.e., your core raid members gear up more slowly. They are less rewarding and just as difficult. If you think they are easier you probably have not ever done them (as progression - if you did them AFTER you cleared the 25 man equivalent you are obviously going to think they are easier); Blizzard actually did a fabulous job making 10s and 25s of similar to equal difficulty. The only reason they are not viewed as equal is because of their history as being easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    It's actually a pretty common joke how easy 25 mans are compared to 10s among the 10 man community. 10s have a much more narrow mistake window -absolutely everyone needs to be pulling 100% of their weight - and you get shit for loot i.e., your core raid members gear up more slowly. They are less rewarding and just as difficult. If you think they are easier you probably have not ever done them (as progression - if you did them AFTER you cleared the 25 man equivalent you are obviously going to think they are easier); Blizzard actually did a fabulous job making 10s and 25s of similar to equal difficulty. The only reason they are not viewed as equal is because of their history as being easier.
    this exactly

Personally, I consider anything less than 40 people a practice raid.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

I..uh. What? They're really not as difficult as 25mans, with the exception of very few fights (Sarth 3D, certain fights in tier 11). They're usually tuned to a much easier degree than 25man raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakthir View Post
    I..uh. What? They're really not as difficult as 25mans, with the exception of very few fights (Sarth 3D, certain fights in tier 11). They're usually tuned to a much easier degree than 25man raids.
    that was pre cata. and no one can argue that they werent easier before, but the ilevel of loot covered that. blizz specifically said that they were tuning equalling for 10 and 25s in cata, so that players wouldnt feel penalized for doing 10s. neither is any harder than the other across the board