Thread: Fable III

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Fable 3 is basically Dragon age 2, but for kids.

It just doesn't live up to the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    Fable was really good, Fable II was kind of meh, and well I saw a lot of bad reviews for the third one that I never even picked it up.
    Same feelings on 1 and 2 here.
    Played 3 a few hours; then got rid of it the next day

You didn't miss out on much

I still very much enjoyed Fable 3 even tho it was not as good as the original, I recommend you play it, it was still a good game in my opinion, also if you got the spare cash get 1 and 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Calling a primarily single player game bad (or rather the worst of the series) simply based on multiplayer capabilities is definitely biased and misleading to people who want to know if the game itself is fun or not :P

I've only played the 2nd to date and I must say it was a great game. Never bothered to try multiplayer with it.
    It was one of the biggest reasons myself and a couple other friends played it, honestly the story was pretty shitty in the game in general, it was short, and just boring all around, the multiplayer just killed the game for me.

Fable 1 wasnt too bad had a good story to it and the way 2 folowed on was ok but the ending want that great wont give spoilers but it felt like a big let down (100% compleat in 19 hours, yay no sleep), 3 is folowing on again but with a better flow so far, have had a lot of glitches with it during the first few days of release but all in all its quite fun.
    as it is on deal get it then if its not what you wanted from a game its not such a big hit to your bank account, ths why i love steam
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Deleted
    not really a great sale. you can pick it up for £10/$15 on CD key sites, so don't let a stupid steam sale fool you.

anyway, back to the game, i played a little and kind of enjoyed it. couldn't be bothered to finish it or play much more than a few hours though, but then again that happens with a lot of games. :S

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    not really a great sale. you can pick it up for £10/$15 on CD key sites, so don't let a stupid steam sale fool you.

anyway, back to the game, i played a little and kind of enjoyed it. couldn't be bothered to finish it or play much more than a few hours though, but then again that happens with a lot of games. :S
    $45 on Amazon, $50 in brick and mortar. I've never been to a 'CD key site' but the way you worded it and the price difference makes me think warez
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Loved the first one, didn't play the second one, and couldn't get more than about a third through Fable III.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    $45 on Amazon, $50 in brick and mortar. I've never been to a 'CD key site' but the way you worded it and the price difference makes me think warez
    not really. g2play, cdkeyhouse and cjs keys all sell for under $20/£14. still surprised people pay stupid prices for games when these sites sell them at great offers. BF3 limited edition £23/$40 say whaaaaaat?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Fable: The Journey is the Kinect game coming out soon, it is not Fable 4 and they said it has nothing to do with the Fable 1-3 bloodline, thank god.
    They're still making games for Kinect? Be right back, killing myself.

Seriously though, I've already purchased this deal on Steam. :-D I loved the first game, was so much fun. The second game was alright, definitely no where near the first. The third improved on the second but will never be as good as the first, and I doubt any game in the series will be. Buy it now if you want to play Fable 3, it is definitely worth the deal, but do not forget to go try out Fable (the original) sometime!

Fable 3 is a fun game in my opinion BUT A) iv havent played the other fable games b) the ingame map is inprecise at times
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Deleted
    Almost bought Fable 3 for the full price a few days ago in the store. So happy I didnt do it and found this offer on Steam! It really is a nice game if you are into action adventure with RPG elements.

It's... Alright, I guess. The best way I can describe it (and the Fable series in general) is with two words: Wasted Potential.

They could've been so much more. They could've been ground-breaking, innovative, interesting and exciting games. They ended up being mediocre and forgettable.

Fable 1 was probably the best in the series, yes. But primarily because you play it without any prior knowledge of the series. Then you play Fable 2, which is basically the same game but with updated graphics and a slightly different combat system. The story is essentially exactly the same, and there's no final boss battle (or well there is, but it's hugely dissapointing without going too much into spoilers).

Fable 3 does have a different story and the intro promises so much... And then it all falls down at the end. The story is laughably poor, and the final boss battle is just... Wtf. Well, at least it HAS one I suppose.

Honestly, if it's on sale then I guess it's worth it. Don't get your hopes up too high and you'll enjoy it enough. The series just has so much wasted potential, it's such a shame.

Fable 3 dumbs down the aspects of the previous games in every possible way resulting in un-engaging gameplay and zero depth. Fable 1 and 2 however you have have tons of fun with.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    not really. g2play, cdkeyhouse and cjs keys all sell for under $20/£14. still surprised people pay stupid prices for games when these sites sell them at great offers. BF3 limited edition £23/$40 say whaaaaaat?
    No offense, but the more I look at those sites the more shady they appear. Non-authorized reseller with a partially translated site based out of Singapore selling game keys at ridiculous discounts? Reminds me of people buying 'authentic' Gucci stuff off a street corner for $10. In all honesty if I were to go that route I'd just be pirating, just as shady and even cheaper.

On topic I have to work today so won't get to play at all until later tonight, but have it downloading on Steam now. I do enjoy RPGs and medieval fantasies, so I'm hoping it will be $17 well spent. Not getting my hopes too high, but reading what people have said and other reviews, I don't think it will be a complete waste, especially since I haven't had my hopes raised by the original Fable yet.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    On topic I have to work today so won't get to play at all until later tonight, but have it downloading on Steam now. I do enjoy RPGs and medieval fantasies, so I'm hoping it will be $17 well spent. Not getting my hopes too high, but reading what people have said and other reviews, I don't think it will be a complete waste, especially since I haven't had my hopes raised by the original Fable yet.
    Fable 3 was a good game in its own right. It just didn't measure up to the original, that's all. But, I just bought Fable 3 and all its DLC on Steam, even though I already own Fable 3 Collector's Edition for the Xbox 360. The discount was just too sweet to pass up. lol

Well i loved the first fable , it was a nice RPG with good RPG elements and a nice free(ish) roam which i love in games , i havent played the second one so i cant express opinion .Now i have played the third one and i must say between those two i would still choose Fable the lost chapters , the third one didnt gave me such a nice epic story in it , that is my opinion ofc and i suggest trying the III before buying it you never know .

Quote Originally Posted by Waff View Post
    Fable 3 is basically Dragon age 2, but for kids.

It just doesn't live up to the first game.
    \

Oh come on, u must be trolling. DA2 is biggest fail ever, Fable 3, in another hand, is nothing like this compared to Fable 1-2. It has great story, memorial characters and chooses you make maybe don't effect that much but they definitely aren't dull.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoamaton View Post
    I loved Fable 3. Fable 2 was kind of a let down, because it was in completely different style than the original one which I loved too, but Fable 3 improves on Fable 2, and at this point, Fable 1 is kind of outdated for newer gamers to start playing. In my honest opinion.

EDIT: Though the exp system totally blows in Fable 3...
    Heh, I thought the EXP system was better than FAble 2, mainly because after combat I didn't have to hold a button down to gather the exp points that was still around, as some would disappear on you

Started with 2, played LC after, then got 3 when it came out.

I enjoyed the story in 2 far more then the others, but LC has the best gameplay.

The largest problem I saw for Fable 3 was how overhyped it was. I followed it from beggining to the release day and I will admit I was expecting alot more, but that was my own fault. Too many people expected too much from what Molynex (can't spell his name) said.

So while it isn't the greatest of the series, it isn't bad. Especially if you either A: never played the previous Falbes, or B: didn't pay any attention to the hype that showed up during its creation.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.