HC RAG *LIVE* STREAM! Boomkin PoV

For my fellow boomkins, or anyone for that matter, who are on heroic rag looking for insight on life tactics, look no further! Stream is live @ 7PM PST! Check it out and enjoy!

http://www.xfire.com/live_video/owlbama/

-Owlbama

I stopped watching when you popped treants without any procs, didn't use moonfire til you hit first eclipse, and yeah that's about it. sorry. gl though

why would you need to pop treants when you have procs... they dont benefit from int procs bro... lol. the reason i didnt refresh dots is because the flow i get in allows me to get into lunar for intermissions and get into solar for sons perfectly. k thanks.

Also, theres no need to refresh dots when they fall off because by the time they fall off im only about 3-4 seconds away from the next eclipse with my haste. waste of dps to waste 2 gcds for 4 seconds of IS and MF

Quote Originally Posted by obaminator View Post
    why would you need to pop treants when you have procs... they dont benefit from int procs bro... lol.
    Their AP scales dynamically with your spell power, so yes they do benefit from int procs. It's a minor dps gain over the course of a fight, but a gain nonetheless.

Deleted
    Also, wasn't one of your other crossposted threads locked because there is an actual stream sticky on the Raids & Dungeons forum?

Kinda seems like view-whoring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by obaminator View Post
    why would you need to pop treants when you have procs... they dont benefit from int procs bro... lol. the reason i didnt refresh dots is because the flow i get in allows me to get into lunar for intermissions and get into solar for sons perfectly. k thanks.

Also, theres no need to refresh dots when they fall off because by the time they fall off im only about 3-4 seconds away from the next eclipse with my haste. waste of dps to waste 2 gcds for 4 seconds of IS and MF
    it's not a waste of 2 gcd for 4 seconds of IS and MF when you can just refresh the dots as you exit the eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    it's not a waste of 2 gcd for 4 seconds of IS and MF when you can just refresh the dots as you exit the eclipse
    I'm fairly certain, that it's even posted in the basic moonkin guide that it is infact a loss. Where do you get your info from?

Deleted, incorrect assumption's on my part.
    Last edited by Sepe; 2011-10-08 at 03:03 AM.

Idk what stream you were watching but I always put dots of at the start of a fight, though I admit at sometimes I was guilty of refreshing thewm as dsooln as I got into eclipse. Its a habit I have to break. Nobody's perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Sepe View Post
    Pretty sure you missed the beginning of the thread where what they were discussing was him, at the start of the fight, not putting dots up until he reached his first eclipse. What thehordemage is saying is that you should put dots up at the start of the fight, then once you eclipse just keep casting then your initial dots will be running out as you're close to leaving the first eclipse and you can refresh them then, instead of waiting until you eclipse to put up your first set of dots.
    Pretty sure you missed the fact that nowhere does it say that he put up no dots until he reached his first eclipse. He may have not moonfired, but that doesn't automaticly include ISS.

Thehordemage is deffinately not saying that because it doesnt even make sence as to why that would be argued here, and it's clearly not what he wrote. That in combanation with him responding to this "Also, theres no need to refresh dots when they fall off because by the time they fall off im only about 3-4 seconds away from the next eclipse with my haste. waste of dps to waste 2 gcds for 4 seconds of IS and MF" leads me to the assumtion that you're wrong.

The only way that those could be missunderstood into what you are saying is that if he somehow dotted at the start of a fight, which you said he didn't, pushed an eclipse, and then went all the way to another before redotting. Considering that you would have to be some kind or retard to do this im going to assume that he was talking about dotting in the front and back of each eclipse to maximize damge, hence my comment.

Also, there are a few reasons you would not wait untill the end of your eclipse to redot on the opener, such as lining up PT ENG gloves DMC berserking and NG on your solar dots.

Ah yes, read what he had said wrong. It seems obaminator confused Pilch's post as well and I didn't read them well enough to see that.