Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you find when P3 begins in your logs? [clueless about the Expression Editor]

Go to damage done for X attempt.
    Highlight the section of time on the graph.
    Right click and "set selection to page" or w/e that is.
    P3 dps.

I set selection from the last son dying to when dps hits it's lowest point in the dip between p3 > p4

The warlock in my guild seems to only do like ~35k-40k in p3 as demo. Item level is 383 I think, and hes using moonwell/sorrowsong. I feel like it should be higher than this. We generally make it through p3 with only a few seconds before the second meteor spawn...around 88 seconds I think. Is this a bad combination of trinkets for this phase? His doomguard dps seems significantly lower than some of the logs I saw here...I think its sitting around 15k dps. This is with a heavy mastery build.

Would this just be a gear issue or what?

Quote Originally Posted by cleotaurus View Post
    The warlock in my guild seems to only do like ~35k-40k in p3 as demo. Item level is 383 I think, and hes using moonwell/sorrowsong. I feel like it should be higher than this. We generally make it through p3 with only a few seconds before the second meteor spawn...around 88 seconds I think. Is this a bad combination of trinkets for this phase? His doomguard dps seems significantly lower than some of the logs I saw here...I think its sitting around 15k dps. This is with a heavy mastery build.

Would this just be a gear issue or what?

I usually try to wait until I have 2 other procs up with moonwell chalice and volcanic potion before I pop doomguard, but sometimes you aren't that lucky. All 4 procs are ideal (dmc:v, lightweave, power torrent, blood fury), and would do ~25k dps for the doomguard.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    To the OP: There is a difference between 10 and 25 man dps though. From my understanding, 10 man is a great deal faster, which will skew your dps results if you have the doomguard up for 100% of p3 in 10man while you may not have it up for all of p3 in 25man.

Just glancing at the posted logs, while everyone seems to be doing good dps for the most part during p3, the duration of the phases are ~25 secs shorter on 10 man... uptimes are naturally going to be higher. So between 10 and 25, there's a clear difference. Additionally the only log posted here of a 25 man p3 is penguin with his fancy cheater staff!!

And myself, my dps varries a very great deal depending on how lucky I get with trinket/weapon/cloak procs lining up with meta. I've see myself pull between 44-50k during p3.
    Last edited by Lillah; 2011-10-09 at 10:36 PM.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8468&e=9208

Peaked at 54k last thursday? Meh. Although if I remember correctly I had horrendous luck with smashes and engulfing flames.

Deleted
    Are there any tricks on this specific phase or what ?

I have read/thought the following :
    - i know it's a burn phase from 40% to 10%
    - i guess you get half of it as exec time
    - i read we could try sorrowsong to bump damage on that specific phase
    - i read from your wol links that P3 lasts about 70-100 seconds long
    - i guess we should reserve potion + doomguard for it

So my questions is : are you doing anything special there ?

((Please note that we've only done 33 pulls on HC Rag, and we're working on going through P2 without any death))

10+ Year Old Account
    P3 of our 1st kill with 381 ilvl and using sorrowsong http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8574&e=8637

I won't have anything recent for awhile because I am now raiding in my guilds 25man 6/7hc alt raid to assemble a legendary to be ready for next tier

Made by dubbelbasse

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    P3 of our 1st kill with 381 ilvl and using sorrowsong http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8574&e=8637

I won't have anything recent for awhile because I am now raiding in my guilds 25man 6/7hc alt raid to assemble a legendary to be ready for next tier
    You don't use heroism in p3? 64 seconds seems so so so short S:S: Especially without the heroism..

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    Are there any tricks on this specific phase or what ?

I have read/thought the following :
    - i know it's a burn phase from 40% to 10%
    - i guess you get half of it as exec time
    - i read we could try sorrowsong to bump damage on that specific phase
    - i read from your wol links that P3 lasts about 70-100 seconds long
    - i guess we should reserve potion + doomguard for it

So my questions is : are you doing anything special there ?

((Please note that we've only done 33 pulls on HC Rag, and we're working on going through P2 without any death))
    All of that is accurate. Just use your CDs/heroism at the start and try to line up as many procs/pot/chalice with doomguard as you can. Sometimes you'll get lucky, sometimes you wont. ]: You should still be topping the meter by a good margin regardless. [:
    Do that and dodge engulfing/meteor/smashes and it's all good.

With that said, I don't see sorrowsong as a necessity on heroic Rag since the 15% hp nerf. It's up to you and your raid dps, I guess. If you raid 10man... absolutely not needed. If you raid 25 man, it's only worth considering if you're pushing 1 meteor. I don't bother with it at least.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Deleted
    Enjoy it while it lasts tbh, your doomguard will do 1/3 of the damage it is doing now. And it should, a 22k+ dps cooldown is just too much. Don't have it and you're near the bottom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    You don't use heroism in p3? 64 seconds seems so so so short S:S: Especially without the heroism
    I could have clipped the section of the log poorly but we only have 1 meteor so our p3 is a lot shorter. Heroism is also up in that link we lust as soon as rag is targetable so that clip is in the duration of lust.
    Last edited by kushlol; 2011-10-11 at 09:51 PM.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by FrizzleMe View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts tbh, your doomguard will do 1/3 of the damage it is doing now. And it should, a 22k+ dps cooldown is just too much. Don't have it and you're near the bottom.
    Someone got sat because their p3 dps was too low