Poll: LoL, HoN or DoTa

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Definitely DotA, the only one of 'em that does not have a retarded hero restriction. MOBA games are meant to be played with many heroes, mastering them all and adopting according to the need, not tune-visioning on one or two heroes and never playing others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    This shows you have never played it.

I have played all, and LoL is by far the best in my opinion. High-rank games and tournament play is much more complex than others, despite what DotA and HoN players think.
    You have no idea what you are talking about, keep playing your mainstream game, where the meta game changes so fast, oh wait hahaha.

Besides that, i like LoL but compared to Dota/HoN its nothing. People choose whats easiest, i had an hard time learning HoN from LoL back in the beta, but it was worth it, people simply doesn't have the time to learn Dota/HoN or the patience to learn it, thats why they are stuck in LoL

This may have been thought as an unbiased poll, but the result all comes up to what game has the largest playerbase. Since LoL has been F2P from the very beginning, well, guess yourself. OT: Voted HoN

Deleted
    All of them sucks, but LoL is the best

Deleted
    LoL by far !

Dota for me personally.

Dota is a more competitive game, anyone who tries to argue it honestly doesn't understand/watch competitive moba. Hon is below dota but still more competitive than LoL. LoL win's mainly because of its huge playerbase, the large casual factor to it and that it was free to play from the start. It's hard for HoN to compete with LoL but it is the more competitive game, and dota just blows them both out of the water.
    Kiyu - TG
    http://gimpedguild.org

h
    ttp://www.justin.tv/kiyuulive - Warlock PoV

Deleted
    Hon, I think its more skilled than LOL. And i never rly enjoyed Dota because of no good keybinds + bad graphics.

Deleted
    always liked the play style of aos maps(called moba nowadays ^^).
    but never liked dota. it just has too much unnecessary complexity and several balance issues imo.

never played HoN, just watched a few vids of it and didnt find it all that exciting, so i'm staying with LoL for now, which,
    mainly thanks to runes and masteries, has a few minor balance issues imo, but overall is fine and fun to play.

I've never played DotA before. I never would've started playing LoL if my friends hadn't talked me into it, so it's really the only MOBA I've ever played. We were all going to try HoN but they were having issues at the time and we all kind of got impatient and just went back to LoL. They're all planning on moving on to DotA 2 but I don't really know if I'll be playing it with them.

So I guess LoL. Though I'm not a big fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Teasy View Post
    Played both, DotA and LoL.

Honestly? LoL is bad. It's very bad. It's as bad as it can get.
    Terrible player community (maybe I just randomed those, who knows), silly graphics and very, very large Polish playerbase (that basically cuts down any multiplayer game for me, I hate playing with my own comrades).

DotA on the other hand is classic, it bases on mechanics I already know, and also I've been playing it for few years now. Who cares graphics are not "fresh" or "cool". I haven't seen many baddies in my DotA games, while in LoL I've encountered them everywhere.

Also, I don't know if you'd count Bloodline champions into comparision, but I think i lack this game.

LoL seems pretty much to me like "amg u nab ur no pro so gtfo" pretty much, don't know why, that was my first impression of the game, and from that time i swore that I'll never install that game on my PC, and I'm definitely going to keep that promise.
    i can say the same thing with hon community but i play lol for like 1 y and i never had your problems during my play time in lol

Deleted
    I like lol better because you don't die straight away if enemy starts hitting you.

Also the ability to turn around a game at any point, all you need is the skill to perservere.

In HoN, you start losing, its lost.

Deleted
    I like LoL, it´s a lot simpler and since im a noob it suits me well

Or well, not a complete noob anymore. Im getting better quick.

I played them in this order, all of them competitively, and I'm good at each:

1.DotA
    2.HoN
    3.LoL

But. But.

DotA is simply a beast. It saddens me that it has become forgotten in favor of the @#$%iest HoN . HoN can never compare to the good old dota, with all the gimmicks and tricks. So HoN is worst.

LoL is pretty good and offers some interesting mechanics, combining the heroes of dota and creating new, interesting heroes. However, although I like most of it, I find it extremely unbalanced, with heroes like Garen and Udyr who were OP before and they still get buffed.

So:

1.DotA
    2.LoL
    3.HoN

Never played DotA that much when my warcraft III disc still worked /wrists but I'm highly interested in Dota 2 because I really enjoy a lot of the heroes, I dabble in LoL and am not interested in HoN

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pierakor View Post
    It's called "DotA" or "Dota 2" not DoTa...

lOl and hOn are fine but I have been playing DotA for 5 years and I am just too used to it I guess.
    I played HoN beta and enjoyed it but after 1-2 months I got bored and switched back to DotA... I don't get bored of DotA and I enjoy playing and watching DotA games more than LoL or HoN (or SC2 or WoW)
    Yeah, because it makes a HUGE different how you spell it, right?

I prefer HoN actually, better graphics and shit. And I dont think theres as many baddies on HoN as on LoL.
    Last edited by mmoc124d4cbc78; 2011-10-07 at 03:52 PM.

HoN and DoTA before anything else, skill based system with a good deny system for increased skill cap, no pay to win (runes etc...), better graphics and style, more reliable engine and matchmaking system and a generally better flowing combat system in a higher game speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love LoL... it's innovative compared to the other 2... I can't say I dislike those... I played both and enjoyed both... but LoL has so much diversity when it comes to heroes and their mechanics... and now they introduced a new game mode kinda like Arathi Basin... u have to capture the bases and hold them till the other team runs out of points... and it's very fun to play

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    HoN and DoTA before anything else, skill based system with a good deny system for increased skill cap, no pay to win (runes etc...), better graphics and style, more reliable engine and matchmaking system and a generally better flowing combat system in a higher game speed.
    it is obvious to me you never even tried LoL there is no pay to win... u pay so u level up faster, u pay so u can have different hero skins, u pay so u can get points(to buy runes with) faster... the runes are bought completely with points u earn for playing... they don't allow them to be bought with real cash...

Anyone who thinks Dota or HoN is a better Esports game is kidding themselves. Watch Extra Creditz video on Esports, it explains clearly, that one of the primary aspects REQUIRED for a game to be a popular esport is that it has to be something that a lot of people can play and enjoy. This makes them more able to understand the tournament play, and lets them better understand whats actually happening, which means they can invest in the pro play more seriously. Since LoL is both accessible to the masses, AND competitive, it easily draws the big crowds for esports viewing.

Saying something like HON(/DOTA) IS MORE DIFFICULT AND HARDCORE THEREFORE ITS A BETTER COMPETITIVE GAME! Is nonsense. The fact is that the game which the common person can enjoy and play will see better results professionally, because you'll actually have an audience.

If your game is nothing but SUPA HARDCORE DIFFICULT MUSCLE MEMORY nonsense, you will find quickly your playerbase consists of neckbeards wanting exactly that, and you won't have anyone interested in watching. No audience, no Esport.

10+ Year Old Account
    HoN is purposelly unfriendly, and I think that is most stupid thing a game designer can do. The interface is a mess, the shop system is terrible, etc. I don't play games that don't want me to play them.

DotA is a very cool game, but after trying "non WC3 based" MOBAs, it's hard to like DotA, even had been playing it for 3 years before started playing LoL.

LoL added a lot of good ideas, like a weaker Roshan, neutral creep buffs, friendly skill shots (there's no reason to justify Pudge's hook being that hard to hit), elixirs, etc. I really like League of Legends but Riot ignoring the community harshness and the problems of ELO system really annoys me. It was a good game during the pre-season (I play it since the closed beta), but Riot is ruining the game slowly.

About other MOBAs? Well...
    Crashers is ridiculous, it doesn't worth my time talking about it.
    Bloodline Champions is really cool, but it is too expensive (time or money, both expensive).
    Demigod is great, but the lack of characters destroys its replayability. I hope they release a Demigod 2 with more characters than players. (a 5v5 game with 8 characters sounds like a joke, doesn't it?)
    LoCO is a good idea with a terrible execution. The items are boring, the characters are ugly, and the game couldn't be more bugged.

My vote goes to LoL, but I'm pretty sure DotA 2 will be the better MOBA avaliable when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I love LoL... it's innovative compared to the other 2... I can't say I dislike those... I played both and enjoyed both... but LoL has so much diversity when it comes to heroes and their mechanics... and now they introduced a new game mode kinda like Arathi Basin... u have to capture the bases and hold them till the other team runs out of points... and it's very fun to play

---------- Post added 2011-10-07 at 03:37 PM ----------

it is obvious to me you never even tried LoL there is no pay to win... u pay so u level up faster, u pay so u can have different hero skins, u pay so u can get points(to buy runes with) faster... the runes are bought completely with points u earn for playing... they don't allow them to be bought with real cash...

I've played a bit of LoL because most of my friends play it instead of HoN just because they don't want to go around the learning curve of it also, faster runes = pay to win kinda at least.