Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As a healer i kite and shoot meteors away from my side, there is ahrdly any dgm going around and its just easier than letting a dps do it

. Clearly dps isn't the issue
    Do you understand just why everyone finds this quote incredibly amusing? Yes, clearly DPS isnt an issue after they nerf it 25%, after you have enough gear to start learning heroic, after they remove all mechanics that were originally intended to one-shot kill you - and make them ignorable, and 'only' got 3 meteors on the 9 minute kil!

Perhaps the real issue is the level of ignorance that goes on in this group.
    Last edited by TyrianFC; 2011-10-10 at 12:36 PM.

The BIG problem with soaking them is that they still can knock you off the platform. And just flying from it you are loosing as much uptime as knocking it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilam View Post
    Here's an awesome tip for you: DON'T KITE.

Have your raid set up like this:

..........RAG.............
    x.........................o

where 'x' = 2 tanks, 2 healers, 1 ranged DPS
    and 'o' = 1 healer, all other DPS (all melee should be over here)

Instead of having DPS running around like idiots trying to kite, just have one or two people on each side knock back the meteors towards the center of the platform, between the two groups. Using this strat you can 'ping pong' the meteors quite easily without any DPS losing significant uptime on the boss.
    Yeah. And in a run with 3 healers, there is next to none raid damage (pre-nerf it was either full HP or oneshot ), so healers can deal with them just fine.

---------- Post added 2011-10-10 at 03:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Letting meteors explode is essentially saying that you'd rather have your healers pump 50k healing than have dps target switch for 2 seconds and use an instant cast. If I was on my resto Druid healing in your raid I would just not heal and fucking hardcast starfire to knock back meteors and it would be more efficient than the method you're wanting to use.
    RDruid with Moonfire owns the fight
    Last edited by Weerra; 2011-10-10 at 12:37 PM.

Also, why do you run with 3 healers if shammy did 5k hps?

Lol, just saw that tank outdpsed mage by 200k dmg and hunter by 2 mln D i'd pay to see them play
    Last edited by deviancee; 2011-10-10 at 01:52 PM.

How much do you want to pay deviancee? Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise don't bother replying. I raid with people that I've known for a long time, they aren't hardcore, they have issues, we do what we do. If you don't like that and you find it amusing, then I feel sorry for you. If you want to post derogatory replies, go ahead, and I'll report you to the mods, no skin off my nose. We ran with 3 healers because we didn't feel entirely comfortable running with 2. Do you really need to bother asking? To anyone else, a kill is a kill, there are plenty of casual guilds out there still beating their heads on bosses before Rag 10, so at this point I really couldn't give a damn less what people think of our other dps.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of having the DPS switch to the Meteors, the raid leader has Shamans, (aka me and the other resto shaman) just shock it. Small CD and the DPS can continue doing their job.

How much do you want to pay deviancee? Put your money where your mouth is, otherwise don't bother replying. I raid with people that I've known for a long time, they aren't hardcore, they have issues, we do what we do. If you don't like that and you find it amusing, then I feel sorry for you. If you want to post derogatory replies, go ahead, and I'll report you to the mods, no skin off my nose. We ran with 3 healers because we didn't feel entirely comfortable running with 2. Do you really need to bother asking? To anyone else, a kill is a kill, there are plenty of casual guilds out there still beating their heads on bosses before Rag 10, so at this point I really couldn't give a damn less what people think of our other dps.
    You came here asking for help. But it appears you and your raid really couldnt care less about helping yourselves first. This is probably why nobody here is taking you seriously.

I raid with people that I've known for a long time, they aren't hardcore, they have issues, we do what we do.
    if you can't be honest with your friends about their performance in a video game then i'm the one who's sorry for you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Faradays28 View Post
    if you can't be honest with your friends about their performance in a video game then i'm the one who's sorry for you, sir.
    This is a good comment, I play WoW and work with my real friends. If theyre holding up 9 other people and i dont tell them anything am i being a good friend to them? If theyre fucking up their job badly enough they might get disciplined/fired should i not point it out to them?
    Besides im pretty damn sure they would appreciate it if you helped them better themselves in any way whether its WoW or not.

Another note, some of the most successful guilds in my server are composed of friends/relatives with good relationships with each other.
    Not trying to say my guild is incredible but were 6/7 HM (3/7 HM Pre nerf...) consisting of 4 brothers, 1 cousin, and two pairs of RL friends (they know each other in real life). The 10th is someone we met thru wow and hes pretty cool with everyone.
    Guild is Juice on US Kel'thuzad in case your interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Faradays28 View Post
    This. They aint your real in-game/IRL friends then. Get real players/friends. I would never have tough it could be that bad DPS you had when I first posted in the thread... I would also pay to watch your kill.

wow lol attempt 5 had the tank beating 3 dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister Knight View Post
    Update: We got him down, got people to pay attention and put 2 of our healers on Meteor Ping-Pong duty. As for the dps, yes I am fully aware of the situation, thank you for pointing out the obvious.
    Gratz on the kill!

Clearly dps isn't the issue since we have him down now. As I recall we had a 3rd Meteor for all of 5 seconds before he dropped.
    Dps is not a big issue on Ragnaros normal. You are doing plenty dps on Baleroc so it will be better on the other bosses once strategies and movements are routine.