10+ Year Old Account

About the Hope cinematic

Has anyone noticed that the trooper looks way to close to Jango Fett which would lead you to believe it was a Republic Clone Trooper? Thoughts?

Only, this is thousands of years before any of the movies.

Edit: not tens of thousands? >.>
    Last edited by Jamber; 2011-10-07 at 05:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Only, this is tens of thousands of years before any of the movies.
    Thats my point, its tens of thousands of years before Jango or Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas. Hell we may not even know about Kaminoans at this point.

I don't pretend to know much about the Star Wars Universe, but any similarities at this juncture would be kinda like easter eggs.
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Edit: not tens of thousands? >.>
    The Treaty of Coruscant was signed in the year 3,653 BBY. In the Star Wars timeline, BBY and ABY are typically used the same as our BC and AD. BBY being Before the Battle of Yavin (Episode 4: A New Hope, and the first Death Star) and ABY being After the Battle of Yavin.

[edit: Calendars on the SWTOR site will use BTC and ATC, or Before the Treaty of Coruscant and After the Treaty of Coruscant. That kind of screws with the timeline a bit, using two different "zero" points... at least for me.]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-10-07 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always though he looked like a clone myself, but we know that is not the case. It is more likely that they made this trooper to be reminiscent of Jango so he might be more appealing. Kinda of giving a known quaity to him that a generic trooper might lack.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    I always though he looked like a clone myself, but we know that is not the case. It is more likely that they made this trooper to be reminiscent of Jango so he might be more appealing. Kinda of giving a known quaity to him that a generic trooper might lack.
    Whats even worse is Jango is Mandalorian. So not only do they have a Trooper that looks like Jango, but essentially looks Mandalorian hahaha.

My opinion, someone started making this video and forgot the time line but went too far to start over hahaha. Maybe that is why you dont see any other Trooper with their helmets off and they are also all men.

Mandolorians are a culture not a species anymore, the original Mandolorians were big green dudes so no he looks nothing like a Mando lol

In 3000 odd years im sure two people could look alike also, prob just something BW wanted to get people interested in playing the Trooper

The similarity between the bounty hunter in the cinematics and Fett is on purpose. Same thing for the similarity between Malgus and Vader, the troopers in Hope and Return and Storm Troopers from the original trilogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Whats even worse is Jango is Mandalorian. So not only do they have a Trooper that looks like Jango, but essentially looks Mandalorian hahaha.
    Being mandalorian at this point in history is a cultural thing, not racial. Jango is human.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Mandolorians are a culture not a species anymore, the original Mandolorians were big green dudes so no he looks nothing like a Mando lol

In 3000 odd years im sure two people could look alike also, prob just something BW wanted to get people interested in playing the Trooper
    Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Being mandalorian at this point in history is a cultural thing, not racial. Jango is human.
    Woops. Let me back that up, I was in a hurry. I mean not only is Jango Mandalorian, but they also have a Trooper wearing armor that looks Mandalorian. The Clones only wore armor that looked Mandalorian because it was Jango who helped design it. Sorry for the confusion.

Well really the only reason the armour is the same and Jango is a Mandalorian is because George Lucus is a TWAT! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    Well really the only reason the armour is the same and Jango is a Mandalorian is because George Lucus is a TWAT! lol
    Mandos weren't a species though (at least not at the time of the Episodes) it was more of being an honorable warrior who followed the code and followed the rule of the Mandalore. So I see no reason on why Jango couldn't be a Mandalorian (hell in the later books in the EU Boba becomes the Mandalore - and George didn't write that.)
    Krael, Sith Council of Untold Prophecy

Nah the original Mados dies out long before the timeline of the films....at that time it was made up of clans of many species.

In the EU books Boba Fett was a disgraced ''police officer'' who found the Mandolorian armour and became Fett...im sure GL didnt even know BF was a Mando

I see a vague similarity, and thought they did relatively resemble the Clone Troopers, but not enough to actually think much of it.