Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Glyph market is a pain in the ass to work with. In my server there are like 30-40 glyphs sold per day(total - by all scribes combined). Since the volume is so low unless there is some huge profit noone would have bothered with it.

Anyone saying you should buy out your competitors is very welcome to come to my realm, i will feed you more then you can ever pay for...
    Dont forget that there's allot of people who mainly play the AH in WoW, if you're lucky his pockets aren't to deep or his cash is tied up allready for the next expansion, if you're not you'll end up with empty pockets and a boatload of whatever you're competing in, and possibly no way to get rid of it without taking a loss.

If you're just starting to play the AH then the least you should do is buy your competitors out, unless you're 100% sure they are very small fishes.
    The only things you have to do is, be consistent, post your auctions every day, check for undercuts when you have the time..
    Second of all, DIVERSIFY, if one market doesn't sell well for a while another will be supplying you with income...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemli View Post
    If ya don't like hanging out at the AH:

Go Leatherworking & Skinning, farm Black Highlanddrakes for about 30-45mins, make 3x Leg-Enchants, sell for anywhere from 600-900 a pop(at least on my Server (EU). I did that for a while and had around 1800-2500 Gold extra a Day...just from a measly 30-45min Time Investment. That's not taking into account the dissed greens and occasional random blue drop, that'll still give a couple hundred gold, depending on what dropped. I'd say you could make about 3000g flat in an hour there...if the demand for those Leg Enchants is actually there.
    Actually I would suggest farming those elite drakes in Deepholm that get knocked down by the giants. 25 to 40k health which is at most a few spells (my shaman can two shot them sometimes). They never drop scraps and with a guild bonus I have gotten 5 skins at once.

---------- Post added 2011-10-27 at 06:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Except that it has been posted about before by blues and you can/will catch a suspension/ban for this. The gold doesn't belong to you personally just because you own the guild, it is property of the guild. If someone catches you doing this and doesn't like it, you're reported.
    Considering I can up and move my guild by paying Blizzard money I think your talking out your nether regions. The GL sets access to the funds, the tabs, and rewards ranks, which pretty much means he owns anything there.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by raintrees View Post
    /roll gambling. its super effective.
    This guy wins. I know a lot of people in my server who gamble with /roll and usually make / lose 50k a day.
    Start low, then go big.

Deleted
    I grinded Firelands trashmobs and made more then 300k altogether (and I were lazy, didn't grind for too long each day), before the lame patch went out... Used to be poor, but not anymore!

I am sitting at 50k.... I want MOAR! I am not in the Meta gem buisness. Is this buisness good or is there little profit?

I spend about 2 to 4k per day and get 4k profit....I just want moar!

I cant find a damn farmer for stacks at 35g each

wrong thread... sorry

Time. Lots of it.

When I put my nose to the grind and decided to break 150k, I easily did it with enchanting, JC, AH mods, and lots of camping.

Then I realized it was consuming hours and hours of my day, and I had way better things to do. Now I hover around 100k and just do an Elementium shuffle on a weekend if I find I need gold.

I managed to obtain 180k over the course of two months just through farming herbs.

Signature made by Elyaan

I reached 100k but then I made Vial of The Sands for me an moved to new server.
    Now I have faced that problem I cant make money with anything except few enchants and bags. But there is people who undercut me like 10-40g and then my stuff wont sell and ifthey would sell I wouldnt make profit

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Easy answer: Stop spending your money. Plenty of my 100k friends have no solid farming tactic, they just dont blow money on quick, unfarmed purchases or BOEs.
    My character stats indicate my toon has made over 800,000 gold the past 3 years—but I have only 50,000 gold in pocket. Where'd it go? I make the gold to spend it. What good is it if it isn't spent? The only reason I have 50k at the moment is there is literally nothing left for me to spend it on. Where are the gold sinks in Cata? I want to buy something!

Buy it haha.

Just kidding, I would if I could though but it's too risky. What I do when I need to raise some money is just try and not spend money where it's not necessary.

I'm honestly fairly surprised at the WoW community's willingness to help others with making gold. Anyone who uses the AH to make hundreds of thousands of gold knows that this information is more valuable than the gold that they actually have. After all the more people who know how to compete on the AH the less gold you will make in the long run.

Just an observation I've made, not that I disagree with sharing as that is how I first learned how to use the AH. Still I guess I'm a hypocrite as I never share with others how to make gold. (Perhaps I will someday after I purchase the rest of the Trading Card Game mounts.)
    In promulgating your esoteric cogitations or articulating your superficial sentimentalities and amicable philosophical or psychological observations, beware of platitudinous panderosity.

Deleted
    I did the elementium shuffle when we had a lot of bots on our realm. Nice the price has shot up, there's no more profit in that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    I did the elementium shuffle when we had a lot of bots on our realm. Nice the price has shot up, there's no more profit in that
    No, what happens is... well... it's hard to explain in words. I'll fire up MS Paint.

Basically, the first 2 months after a new patch is HEAVEN for gold makers. People will pay absurd amounts for gems and enchants. Prices skyrocket. Stock flies off the shelves. Ore goes through the roof. Etc, etc.

Right now, what you want to do is stock all reasonably priced ore (under 50-60g). I still sell casually right now, but most of my ore is hoarded (around 50-60k ore).

Also, the author of TSM has released a new beta version of TSM_Accounting which fixed the errors many of you were having with the import strings. It turns out MMOC and other forums insert random spaces into the links that was screwing it up. The new version ignores spaces.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-10-31 at 10:31 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Buy low sell high. Also helps if you have a few professions around max level JC, enchanting, Alch(xmute pref).

i farm elemental air off the guys in the corner of silithus. the droprate seems to be around 8-10% and they go for 100-140g each on my server. If I farm for 1/2 an hour every day I can easily get 2K worth of it. Just takes a couple days to sell them all off.
    Also, dailies
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    You do know what islands in the ocean do right?
    They float
    true story

Hey , idk if this has already been said but ive gone from like 3k to 50k this week, but it depends on your server. the new 365 epic weapons go for 10-15k on my server, while the mats only cost about 3k gold (depends on how much per chaos orb the crafter wants) so what ive been doing is buying the mats for 3k gold, and selling them for about 13k, and making 10k profit each time, and then repeat. hope it helps!

Deleted
    I only make 1-2k a day