Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackarthas View Post
    all i saw was drink alcohol and alone... my thoughts? your an alcoholic
    Bull. Very few people that claim to be alcoholics are alcoholics, and few people that put that label on others know what they're talking about. Alcoholism is a physical dependence on alcohol. A pretty hardcore thing. And alcoholics drink so they aren't sick from lack of.

I do this all the time. I honestly don't see how people pvp sober. Going out getting drunk with a bunch of friends at some party is fun but I get about the same amount of enjoyment out of drinking and failing at pvp over skype with 6 of my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    So...a night like any other but just drunk?
    This. 10char

Just an FYI, posts that just consist of "This" ect., and don't actually contribute anything to the discussion are frowned upon here. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-10-08 at 01:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by timbli View Post
    i never NEVER drink alcohol without someone else.
    How noble.

Probably too much. Just got home from work tonight, caught the last half inning of a damn good baseball game, and now i wanna relax on wow. Throw in a few beers and its a goooood night.

I usually drink during raids too, helps me tolerate the bullshit >_>; Ive cut back substantially though, used to be some nights i'd have to force myself to not pass out in the middle of boss fights and stuff, thats not fun.

Deleted
    Totally fine. I usually get through a dozen or so a week through doing this, having a beer while watching TV or having a beer with my mates. I don't do it to get drunk, I do it because I like beer. As far as I am concerned it is no different to drinking a cup of tea, unless you drink more than 2 or 3 pints.

getting drunk home, alone and with videogames. toughts?

Nothing wrong with it, assuming this isn't all you do.

Sometimes spending time alone, relaxing with some beer/wine/whatever and a good movie/videogame is just what you need.

Deleted
    done it one time, don't feel good about it. Atleast go out to some clubs for it, will make you come over less desperate ;p (heck i heard it could drop a girl )

If you drink lots of alcohol alone, you are an alcoholic. If you drink lots of alcohol while with friends you are social. You seem to be drinking lots of alcoholic while "technically" alone, but interacting with friends, so I am just going to call you a Social Alcoholic.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only time I actually got drunk while in front of the computer I ended up crying so I think I'll pass in the future.

Deleted
    Is the WoW community as stupid and irrational as this thread makes it out to be?

Enjoying an immersive game with alcohol to relax is fine, drinking alone is fine.

Getting ridiculously drunk with "friends" = amazing
    Having a couple of beers home alone = alcoholic, no lifer

Deleted
    I forgot how Mario Kart's online capability works on the Wii.
    But that's a definite winner.

Edit
    2 - 4 Beers Is acceptable, that's like "Social Alcoholic"
    More then 4 seems radical.
    Last edited by mmoc69b02cba40; 2011-10-08 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Looked at Title

Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    Aside from the chance at a drunk girl lay, what is more fun about going out? The $5 for a cup that you'll fill maybe 3-4 times cause there are so many people. Or the fact cops could drop in any time. And then how do you get home from said party? I can only assume you're driving which brings it to a whole differnt realm of irresponsibility.
    Not every party = first 2 weeks as a freshman in college parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    If you drink lots of alcohol alone, you are an alcoholic. If you drink lots of alcohol while with friends you are social. You seem to be drinking lots of alcoholic while "technically" alone, but interacting with friends, so I am just going to call you a Social Alcoholic.
    People who drink with others can be just as alcoholic as those drinking alone.. If all you do is drink a lot when you see friends you're just as dependent on the alcohol to have a good time. The fact that its social doesn't make it any less alcoholism. "Social drinking" I would think of as like, once in a while having 1-3 drinks and just enjoying the company of the other people. Not that it's a terrible thing to just go get shitty with a few friends once in a while, but lets call it what it is.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2011-10-08 at 06:32 PM.

Nope. I'd never drink without company, and by that I mean someone else drinking, not just there.

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You should meet Clann An Fael, they are a bunch of mature men who play MMO´s with indecent amounts of booze

The gang is run by the same guy for years, an australian mad man... they all are great people /salute
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Do it all the time when my partner is out, it's all cool.
    Yeah, me too. I do it all the time. Nothing wrong with that. People may find it strange, but you are not "alone", drinking makes you more social, online games are social.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting drunk while playing video games is something I've yet to do, since I recently turned 18 and haven't been around alcohol that long. But it sounds like something I should try out next weekend. I see no problem whatsoever with doing this. People should be more concerned about all the "cool" teenagers getting wasted at the age of 15. My cousin had to get her stomach pumped (idk if that's what it's called in english buut..) at the age of 13. Now THAT'S SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrashaholic View Post
    It's almost as sad as watching Anime, no I don't do it
    And what could possibly be wrong with watching anime?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Hmm Drinking alone is just your way of doing it I guess, Personally I would never drink alone simply because of the fact that I just find it extreme boring to do that.

I don't drink alone. But I do love to drink then play shooters with friends. I remember back in halo 3 I did a 360 no scope on a teammate that was shooting me in the back.(was mad I got the sniper). While drunk ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

if my wife is out of town this is my routine. She won't let me do it when she's there. Or I guess it wouldn't be alone then.