Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    I heard about that, but never found out any info. I stopped playing Eve, or any MMO for that matter a while back. But they always had a good impact on the community when I played.
    http://www.eveuniversity.org/ Even if you don't join them read their wiki, so much great information that's put out in an easy to read and understand format.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by SiNz View Post
    I've been playing EVE since August. Its not a game where you get instant gratification. You're always waiting on skills to finish to use something and something that you want to use will always have a skill book needed for it lol

That said. Its exciting watching your character grow and develop from small rookie ships through to Battleships and then onto Tech II fighters (if you go the DPS way).

A few bits of advice here. People are telling you to go for a HULK, goto Nullsec and lowsec. Its stupid to say that. For one getting a HULK will take MONTHS to learn the skills necessary to make it worthwhile. You'll also need a noice sum of cash to fit it out and to replace it when some fkr blows you up. Also stay away from nullsec till you're truly ready and more importantly, HAVE THE SKILLS to survive. I've read horror stories of people going into nullsec without the right skills, without enough cash to replace destroyed ships and they get trapped. If you try to get out into highsec you get killed at the gates. So you end up trapping yourself without access to money, ships and more importantly SKILL BOOKS. Anytime you want a skill book you usually need to goto highsec, that requires you going through a lot of bad space.

So imo. Stay in highsec for a few months, get some money up, get your skills up and try and find a good, strong alliance if you do decide to goto nullsec.

---

Imo if you go mining, aim for a Retriever, while you wait for your hulk skills. See how you like mining, how much it brings in compared to mission grinding. Ill tell you right now, it can get rather boring! Thats why I like to do security missions.

Hope this has helped
    Im working my way to a retreiver right now, using a destroyer to speed mine and a indust o haul it away. I dont plan on going into nullsec without a fleet with me as well.

^ Cool GL with it all. Im getting my retriever skills up as well atm on my alt to give mining a go. If it doesn't work out and i hate it, Ill make it a logistics ship. Can never have enough 'healing' :P.