Thread: Rage

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I think it is pretty clear that he gets it, but doesn't like it. Very few PC gamers enjoy getting mediocre console ports that have been scaled down and have loose controls.
    Except that's purely the companies fault, not the consoles. Gears of War is a great example of a console to PC port, it looked better and the controls were perfect. Just because id software messed up, there is no need to slam consoles or their gamers for being the primary market.

I really enjoyed the game but felt like just as soon as it started getting good it ended. I feel like all the good concepts and ideas are there and implemented just never expanded on or built up. I was waiting for more gun upgrades, more from the card game, more side missions, more story to expand the universe.

It just feels like it get to the crest of the hill where you can start to see the view but it never really reaches the summit.

Gameplay is amazing though.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramonkey View Post
    Except that's purely the companies fault, not the consoles. Gears of War is a great example of a console to PC port, it looked better and the controls were perfect. Just because id software messed up, there is no need to slam consoles or their gamers for being the primary market.
    Dunno if I'd agree with you on GoW even. I played it through when it came out for PC and while it's one of the better console ports I've played, it was still very obviously a console port with limited customization options and somewhat loose controls : /

And I didn't see him slamming consoles/console gamers specifically, just the fact that terrible console ports make life hell for PC gamers, which is entirely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk View Post
    I really enjoyed the game but felt like just as soon as it started getting good it ended. I feel like all the good concepts and ideas are there and implemented just never expanded on or built up. I was waiting for more gun upgrades, more from the card game, more side missions, more story to expand the universe.

It just feels like it get to the crest of the hill where you can start to see the view but it never really reaches the summit.

Gameplay is amazing though.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost all there, just waiting to be unlocked because id is also going to go with the DLC trash that gamers have been supporting. If the game gets DLC I'm definitely not buying it, and I'm willing to bet it will.

Dunno if I'd agree with you on GoW even. I played it through when it came out for PC and while it's one of the better console ports I've played, it was still very obviously a console port with limited customization options and somewhat loose controls : /

And I didn't see him slamming consoles/console gamers specifically, just the fact that terrible console ports make life hell for PC gamers, which is entirely true.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was almost all there, just waiting to be unlocked because id is also going to go with the DLC trash that gamers have been supporting. If the game gets DLC I'm definitely not buying it, and I'm willing to bet it will.
    Someone has already claimed that RAGE has been catered for "console children". That isn't called for. I prefer playing games on my console because I don't have to cash out on new hardware every few months to play new games at decent settings and it's more comfortable sitting on my sofa for long term gaming sessions.

I like it. I wouldn't buy it though. My boyfriend got it for me, and I don't think that it's worth 60 dollars. It's enjoyable, but it seems to lack depth. I like shooting things though. The guns have a nice feel to them and the enemy AI is interesting. I like how they don't just run straight at you. They roll, jump, etc. It's pretty neat. It's a pretty solid FPS as long as you don't expect it to have a spectacular story or anything. The graphics thing, while irritating, is easily ignored, at least for me.

It's a decent game but it was waay too short, took me 10 hours at most to complete on Nightmare. The texture crap mostly was fixed for me I just had to put up with annoying crashes and the story was terrible. MP is alright but I would rather TDM.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Someone has already claimed that RAGE has been catered for "console children". That isn't called for. I prefer playing games on my console because I don't have to cash out on new hardware every few months to play new games at decent settings and it's more comfortable sitting on my sofa for long term gaming sessions.
    I agree that there shouldn't be really any hatred towards console players (I hate almost all gamers because they've been buying into that DLC bullshit that I hate, but that's not specific :P).

At the same time though, you are giving the stereotypical, factually incorrect logic about why you prefer console to PC gaming. You can prefer it all you want, and that's fine, but don't say you have to upgrade hardware every few months. If you get a good computer, it can easily last you 4-5 years. If you get a budget one, it can still easily last you 3-4. My friend has had his computer for 4 years (he built it for $600) and it can still run just about everything that comes out today.

don't say you have to upgrade hardware every few months. If you get a good computer, it can easily last you 4-5 years. If you get a budget one, it can still easily last you 3-4. My friend has had his computer for 4 years (he built it for $600) and it can still run just about everything that comes out today.
    Indeed, my old computer lasted for 6 years, untill Mass Effect 2 finally put the last nail in it's coffin, but it ran pretty much everything, also DX10 and DX11 games, not on ultra ultra settings of course, but it did the trick, and that one was built for somewhere around 600-700 euro

I prefer playing games on my console because I don't have to cash out on new hardware every few months to play new games at decent settings and it's more comfortable sitting on my sofa for long term gaming sessions.
    You don't need to upgrade your hardware every few months, period. Every few years, sure, which ironically is usually how long it is in between consoles.
    If you want to be able to play the latest games at the highest settings possible, with config tweaks and whatnot, then sure, you'll be updating your hardware every year or so instead of every 3+. I'm using a 3 year old machine from Wal-Mart with a $30 gfx card thrown in and i can play any game that gets released, quite a few of them on high settings as well and all of them at the "medium" settings at the very least, which is what consoles normally run at, that or some butchered settings that only make the important things, like the character, weapons, people, look good while stuff like scenery and walls get the worst possible resolution.

Heck you can get a computer for the price of a console, xbox included, that can play alot of newer games, you just gotta buy em from the right place.

EDIT: Also would like to mention that I prefer my computer chair to my sofa, as it tries to eat me alive and i have issues getting up off it D:
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

However, if you buy right parts on the start and ain't afraid of tuning (overclocking with safe ranges) you can use the same PC with 6 year old hardware and still run nearly everything. Only if you want to enjoy few still PC exclusive games with great details (Witcher 2, and now BF3 in the future) you might need to have at least Intel quad core and mid priced graphics card from the last generation (radeon 5xxx or GTX 4xx).

And for the record every PC game these days (Since Crysis from 2007) have complete support for game pads. So you can actually play the game from sofa too, with your powerful, these days cheap PC what's also silent, not taking age to load up and gives you 1080p resolution with no problem on highest details if you really would just invest few hundred dollars/euros for it once between 2-3 years.

Consoles are more expensive if you buy a lot of games since every time you buy a game, 10-20 dollars/euros of the price would have been gone to the PC hardware. But I know, you'd rather use inferior hardware because you are lazy and it's already in a working package.
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2011-10-08 at 12:03 AM.

Alright, I'm partially at fault for this, but lets get the conversation off of Console vs. PC and back about Rage!

Alright, I'm partially at fault for this, but lets get the conversation off of Console vs. PC and back about Rage!
    Fair enough

I have not yet had the pleasure of playing it, although from watching videos and a playthrough of sorts, I want it sooooooooooo bad. It reminds me of Fallout 3, but looks alot better and JOHN FREAKIN GOODMAN is a voice actor :3
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Yeah the john goodman being a voice actor kinda makes me want to play it.

Haha when I saw the title to this post I thought it was going to be someone QQing about something blizzard has done. For once I was actually wrong haha! Sorry I don't really have any input on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I like shooting things though. The guns have a nice feel to them and the enemy AI is interesting. I like how they don't just run straight at you. They roll, jump, etc. It's pretty neat. It's a pretty solid FPS as long as you don't expect it to have a spectacular story or anything. The graphics thing, while irritating, is easily ignored, at least for me.
    The enemy AI is exactly why I like the game so much, at least the mutants AI. Just the way they jump around, they strafe while running at you, they run on the ceiling and walls, and climb up the walls to get to you. It's just so different compared to the usual where they just go around objects and run directly to you in a straight line.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The enemy AI is exactly why I like the game so much, at least the mutants AI. Just the way they jump around, they strafe while running at you, they run on the ceiling and walls, and climb up the walls to get to you. It's just so different compared to the usual where they just go around objects and run directly to you in a straight line.
    Aye the AI in RAGE is pretty amazing, the way enemies take cover, advance to you, and dodge etc. on this point they have really done a good job, compared to other FPS's

To any of you who played F.E.A.R., how does the AI compared to the AI in that game? I haven't played it in a while, but I still remember the AI from fear being pretty much the best AI I've played against in a shooter

The main thing I hate is how every player and interactive object looks great, but the static world like the floor, posters, metal plates on buildings etc all look like it's a crude painting on the wall without any sort of depth... Everything maxed and it still looks like a 5 year old game.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    The main thing I hate is how every player and interactive object looks great, but the static world like the floor, posters, metal plates on buildings etc all look like it's a crude painting on the wall without any sort of depth... Everything maxed and it still looks like a 5 year old game.
    Aye was talking about that in another thread. Not going to link all the images, but take this for an example og some of the environment graphics
    Rest of the graphics look really amazing though, and good AI

Another thing I think is kinda cool (doesn't really make the game better I just thought it was kinda cool) is when you shoot a pipe it leaks out air or water depending on if it's an air or water pipe.