Thread: Rage

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I've noticed that most Steam haters aren't American. Maybe there are issues with the service overseas.

id's big mistake here was teaming up with a worthless, lazy developer like Bethesda. Granted, they screwed up a lot as it is, but teaming up with Bethesda... what were they thinking?
    I'm from the UK and I don't experience any issues with Steam.

Works perfectly fine in AU for me, my only beef with it is, is that it should release games world wide at the exact same time.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

What a watse of 9 hrs tbh...as a shooter its ok nice weapons/ammo but way too short and easily cleared in 6-9hrs.The story was pretty pitiful, just started getting going and BANG wait what its finished?! and what a shit ending! guess ID need story writers.

Only decent thing going for it is the AI very different to other shooters, only wish i could get my money back...

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltry View Post
    Shooting is very solid. This is id game, don't be a twat and get kicked into balls like this poor reviewer:
    http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/1...ever-gamed.ars

Yeah he was expecting this to be like Mass Effect with "bla bla bla bla bla bla" crappy shooting sections and then more "bla bla bla bla", got OWNED.

Love this game, good shooter.
    Congrats on spending $60 for a bland, plotless 10 hour shooter?

I mean, maybe the multiplayer's good, but I can just play BF3 in a few days. I'll stick with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    What a watse of 9 hrs tbh...as a shooter its ok nice weapons/ammo but way too short and easily cleared in 6-9hrs.The story was pretty pitiful, just started getting going and BANG wait what its finished?! and what a shit ending! guess ID need story writers.

Only decent thing going for it is the AI very different to other shooters, only wish i could get my money back...
    I still think F.E.A.R (the first one) has the best AI I've seen in a shooter. It's the only time I've ever been completely outflanked by AI enemies, I think. Died several times on my first playthrough because a Replica solider (or two) would flank me from a direction I wasn't expecting a bot could come from.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I still think F.E.A.R (the first one) has the best AI I've seen in a shooter. It's the only time I've ever been completely outflanked by AI enemies, I think. Died several times on my first playthrough because a Replica solider (or two) would flank me from a direction I wasn't expecting a bot could come from.
    Yeah, F.E.A.R.'s AI was insane and is still the best I've played against in any game to date. I'm curious for anyone who has played both F.E.A.R. and Rage, as to how Rage's AI stacks up against F.E.A.R.'s.

A lot of the enemies are quite suicidal in RAGE, but it makes them dangerous if theres more than one. The later enemies (Authority) seem to work quite well together, covering each other while moving and so on. Then it goes back to just mindless AI for the last level, unfortunately, with the Authority Mutants.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7