Deleted

Red face swtorextreme - Would like your opinions

Hey to the swtor fans from the mmo-champion community, I'm seeking any criticism and you're opinions on my new swtor youtube channel called SWTOREXTREME, as well as its videos. Aim to bring swtor fans the latest news, guides, strategies and much more.

The latest video is "Know Your Companions", where everything currently known to date about companions is explained, quite helpful to both new people to swtor and those familiar I hope.

Would love to hear what you think thank you for your time!

Channel: Click here.

10+ Year Old Account
    The intro needs to be a tiny bit shorter, but the art/graphics you used and the transitions were good.

You need to use your voice more (louder and more pronounced). Turn the music background down just a tiny bit to make your voice have the primary attention.

Honestly, and I'm not trying to make you feel bad; I'm just being honest, I had to force myself to finish it. It was just... irritating.

*The intro is too long
    *The background music, what the hell. Take it off or change it, do something to it.
    *Your voice. Again, I hope you don't take this personally, but your voice is blah. It's not the kind of voice that really demands the attention of the audience, but something more that eventually fades out to the background while I just watch the videos. You need more BOOM and more POWER in your voice.
    *Stop eating your words. It makes you a bad speaker; it makes you seem lazy. Pronounce your words properly, don't eat them.
    *This isn't really a critique, but I didn't know other people said "swotor". I personally just say "S W T O R" as the letters or "tore" for "TOR".

*This kind of channel won't last if you don't change it. Your audience isn't a bunch of 7 year old kids, we don't like being told everything; your videos shouldn't just be all about explaining aspects of the game. You need to have something that attracts the interest of the audience, not just a school lesson. Put your opinion, and make your opinion a strong one with points that you can back up.

Just think about it like this. The people who are looking at SW:TOR videos on youtube already probably know 90% of the things you explained. There is no point for most people to watch a video with stuff they already know about. What would be more interesting would be commentary and interesting opinions backed up by real points.

Also, you need an internet persona. Jessie James, Cynical Brit (TotalBiscuit). Something that people will remember you by. swtorextreme is pretty long and doesn't roll off the tongue; give your audience something easy to remember you by.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2011-10-09 at 04:39 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    *The intro is too long
    *The background music, what the hell. Take it off or change it, do something to it.
    *Your voice. Again, I hope you don't take this personally, but your voice is blah. It's not the kind of voice that really demands the attention of the audience, but something more that eventually fades out to the background while I just watch the videos. You need more BOOM and more POWER in your voice.
    *Stop eating your words. It makes you a bad speaker; it makes you seem lazy. Pronounce your words properly, don't eat them.
    I personally only agree with the quoted points you made.

The intro is a tad too long. Probably cutting it off at the 8 second point would be wise considering most people who are watching the video will already know how to navigate YouTube and access your channel.

The backround music is a bit irritating and repetitive. Either change it up and keep it lower, or just lower it.

Always drink water during long audio recordings. If your throat gets dry, it is more likely that you will choke up and stumble on your words. I personally think your voice is fine. It just needs a bit more confidence, is all.

You do sometimes "eat" your words. I would try to use audio editing software to redo those parts where you have a but of a fumble. People focus on your words to bring the podcast to life, so this point is weighted heavily. You want to sound professional, and I feel that you are close. You just need to perfect your speaking technique.
    Last edited by Marksman79; 2011-10-09 at 06:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A good piece of advice I can give you for doing somewhat of around 20+ vids is to COMMAND your audience. Use command words such as "YOU WILL" and "IT WILL BE" or "I DID". Don't use any maybe-type or negative-words. Make sure your audience knows exactly what your opinions are and be yourself about it.