Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Not really sure what's so against the NDA about the stuff I said, nothing I said was really specific :/
    If it is something other than 'hey guys I'm in beta' it's against NDA. Even IF you are vague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Jawa companions.
    ^^This. Thread won.

Deleted
    Not sure if this was mentioned:

If you enter a story area (instance) created for you through the green "curtain", you can look to the outside through the green and see the world out there with players running around. So, even if you are in an instance, you don't feel cut off from the rest of the world. Was very cool for me

Quote Originally Posted by Zalgren8725 View Post
    Keep up with the Firday Updates for all those "little things".
    Indeed! I hope that they continue on with that "Choose Your Side" class fight video all the way to the end. When they released the first one they said it was part one of a four part series, so I hope this Friday will be part 2 and so on and so forth, it would kinda suck if they put something else up next Friday making us all wait longer for the different parts.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Been reading some of these posts (haven't made it all the way yet) and so far, it's driving me crazy that I can't play this yet lol.

One question though: Does this game use collision detection at all? I haven't really seen any vids where this could be shown or not, so I'm kinda curious.
    I dont believe so, Mythic tried it in Warhammer maybe they advised BW not to use it

10+ Year Old Account
    They said there is no collision detection, and listed a few reasons as to why. I can't remember what they were.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    They said there is no collision detection, and listed a few reasons as to why. I can't remember what they were.
    Griefing would have been right up there I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    One question though: Does this game use collision detection at all? I haven't really seen any vids where this could be shown or not, so I'm kinda curious.
    Sounds like protected information, but if you mean like in EverQuest, where 2 players could not occupy the same space, I kind of hope not. In congested areas it is really hard to navigate around and easy to get stuck - mostly what you see if people jump around trying to get through crowds looks funny, but it's frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Fluid Combat.

First MMO to match WoW's fluidity. You have to get your hands on it to understand.

This is a little thing, but also my #1 most important thing.

No MMO has gotten it right, some were close but it always felt slightly off.
    I know exactly what you mean. I think WoW's engine is freaking amazing. No other MMO to date has had the same movement as WoW, and it really bites. That's actually what killed it for me with WAR and Aion, it just didn't...flow right.

---------- Post added 2011-10-11 at 02:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Geomatician View Post
    Griefing would have been right up there I'm sure.
    That's exactly what I was curious about lol. It'd be far too easy to grief people with it. Good info, thanks guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the little things like waterfalls, how a river sparkles in the sunlight. The way the temples, cities, statues look...makes you wonder what history the devs thought of when designing it. The storylines that make you feel like you actually have input on.

Is it dec yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khathrok View Post
    I'm Surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

But the Looting System if the Mob drops a rare or uncommon item, the Loot indicator changes colour to that of the rarity of the item.

may seem like a small thing, but if you are simply grinding mobs, you can loot only the ones with greens and blues if you want.

than again if you want to just pick up everything after an aoe-fest, they have AoE looting aswell

yes it really is a little thing, but it makes me happy ^_^
    ah yeah! I meant to put that in!, SSOO many times Ive killed a frak load of mobs for one reason or another, and then though 'Hmm, can I REALLY be bothered looting them... no, no I cannot' then I get about 3 steps away and the voices start to whisper.. 'but what if the precious is there! the purples! they have a low rate but they DO drop! and it would be just your luck to walk away from one!' and I invariably end up looting of the corpses for my wonderful greys.... but now I'll have warning!

and another cool thing! I saw it in I think the Black Talon dev walkthrough, interactable scenery! a pat got agro'd the smuggler saw, shot some barrels of Carbonite they ran past and it froze them in place for a couple of seconds. small thing but EPICCLY useful, and would make you feel like a pimp if you did it in game

a wild Point appears! Not sure if it's in yet, but I heard them saying in one of the dungeon interviews that you would be able to effect to Flashpoints with your professions. I.E. a guy with treasurehunting finding secret doors, or a slicer being able to open a locked door by hacking the panel. If that makes it in then it will rock hard
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30