Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Non-forced profession combat styles.

Want to be a melee ranger? It's viable.
    Want to be a ranged rogue? It's viable.
    Want to play a staff-guardian? It's viable.

I have to admit when I learned this, the prospect of playing a greatsword-Ranger seriously made me question my ironclad belief in playing a Warrior.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2011-10-08 at 10:43 AM.

The fact that they've put so many little details in the game that most probably won't even notice. A good example is that casting/shooting/moving through plants and grass on the ground actually causes them to move, and you can use this to your advantage if someone stealths near you as you could get an idea of where they are if they move through any.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    A good example is that casting/shooting/moving through plants and grass on the ground actually causes them to move, and you can use this to your advantage if someone stealths near you as you could get an idea of where they are if they move through any.
    Wow, I didn't knew that. That sounds really awesome..

No mana! DD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    - No underwater breathing (Underwater combat is really diverse)
    As far as I know, there actually is underwater breathing, but the breath meter doesn't pop up until you're ''defeated'' by a mob in underwater combat.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    Also: being able to swing a weapon at nothing.
    Yes, swinging a weapon at nothing! It's actually a great idea if you're going to be doing some RP when GW2 is here.

Can I get a source for the mail system?! Because I feel like I'm in Harry Potter and I just want a pigeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Narcisse View Post
    Can I get a source for the mail system?! Because I feel like I'm in Harry Potter and I just want a pigeon!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE_X...ilepage#t=972s

You can see it fly past right there and deliver the mail. Don't blink though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfE_X...ilepage#t=972s

You can see it fly past right there and deliver the mail. Don't blink though!
    I blinked and missed it, had to look at it again. :P

Deleted
    the leveling curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventashar View Post
    I blinked and missed it, had to look at it again. :P
    He he, yeah it's pretty quick, but it's pretty cool. I wonder if player mail works the same way and if you can spam someone to make it look like they're being attacked by a flock of pidgeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    The dying system. You have your colors set from creation and can change them whenever you want, and all gear you equip will change to those colors.

Deleted
    One touch that I think is just totally wonderful is that if you move through grass, underwater grass or something like that. The grass moves, it's just such a great touch to the game. It's that little extra detail + so many others that is already mentioned before me that makes this game so brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    the leveling curve.
    Oh I forgot about that, yeah that'll be great.

Deleted
    PvP from level 1!

For me, the skill combos; in most MMOs, there's not a whole lot of interaction outside of Trade, General, or the occasional group. Also, the amount of customization to characters and the vibrancy of the world in general. Screens and vids make it look kinda like Oblivion on crack.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    For me, the skill combos; in most MMOs, there's not a whole lot of interaction outside of Trade, General, or the occasional group. Also, the amount of customization to characters and the vibrancy of the world in general. Screens and vids make it look kinda like Oblivion on crack.

Definately approved

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    One touch that I think is just totally wonderful is that if you move through grass, underwater grass or something like that. The grass moves, it's just such a great touch to the game. It's that little extra detail + so many others that is already mentioned before me that makes this game so brilliant!
    Mentioned this earlier, but just to illustrate for people who haven't actually seen this:

Moving through foliage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGggC...tailpage#t=86s

Skills passing through foliage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGggC...ailpage#t=147s

Another nice little touch I've seen is where the Elementalist Elite Skill Tornado changes when it goes over some fire!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrjQg...ailpage#t=360s

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    t you can select your own music that will play over the game soundtrack, and lower its volume during dialogue. Skyrim soundtrack in the mountains? Done. Shadow of the Colossus theme for bosses? You got it.
    Wait...what? you can do this? That's pretty cool, i mean, i could just keep itunes going in the backround, but i can see advantages to integrating it in to the game (no need to alt/tab to fiddle with itunes before cool cutscenes or anything).

Deleted
    Multiple ways of completing a 'quest'. There's a meter to fill next to the 'quest' text, and you can fill it by doing a few different things.