Any tips for soloing old (BC really) raids?

So far all I've managed to do was Magtheridon, took me a bit but just rollin' ret I was finally able to just burst down everything and then spun out my healing to live through Mags.

Right afterwards I visited Guul's lair and Mount Hyjal.

Gruul's seems like it might be doable, but between the fears, the disarms and the polymorphs I'm not sure I will be able to do it. I get to the point where I've just almost killed the healer than chain CC'd into oblivion.

MH I only tried once, I'm pretty sure it's doable but D&D being % based over a flat number really does some hefty damage.

Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shehand/simple

Any tips?

Thanks!

You probably won't get much further than what you've got down. High King is a pain in the ass, even with a few people. I've solo'd Void Reaver as ret, but I had to spec into Selfless healer just so I could ensure WoG was available every possible time I had 3 HoPo and wasn't silenced in order to survive his damage and a lot of annoying kiting. Tried VR as prot, hit enrage, died. You might be able to do Al'ar. Not sure if you can manage Solarian just cause of trash MC's....maybe you can burst them down with CDs. Kael you definitely cannot do.

You may be able to accomplish something in SSC, possibly Leothras is pretty laughable. Not sure how you'd do against Tidewalker, MAYBE Hydross if you can DPS hard enough, you definitely won't get Karathresh or Lurker or Vashj solo.

You won't get past 1st boss in BT Solo, you won't get past 2nd trash pack in SWP solo, or complete Kalecgos, Brutallus or any other boss in there solo. (maybe Felmyst LOL). But yeah, pretty much stuck with Kara/Mag/VR for soloing.

As prot I found the first three bosses of TK: The Eye to be relatively simple.
    -Void Reaver was very time consuming since I used Seal of Insight, but there was never any real question that I'd take him down (I used the rare moments I wasn't silence to hit cooldowns, both defensive and offensive).
    -A'lar is just a matter of healing yourself when you need to. Be near the edge of the platform so that when he moves, you can minimize your down time. Use defensive cooldowns when needed, don't stand in fire.
    -Solarian was annoying, but not that hard. The MC mobs I had to do as ret, just bursting them down before they had a chance to act, but the boss I did as prot again. Heavy use of WoG... it was a slow fight, but again no real question that I'd win (by slow, I mean 22 minutes).

I haven't tried the rest of TBC in a while, save for Hydross, who was an absolute joke as prot. Just drag him into/out of the beam when the debuff hits 100%, and let your natural aoe take care of the adds (I hit the mirror of broken images and divine protection every time I swapped, to reduce damage from the adds until I got them down; they died about the time my cooldowns wore off).

In general, know which bosses enrage and which don't, and when you can afford to use seal of insight. It heals a substantial amount, and if you can get away with it many fights become much easier, if a bit slow. When I do mag, for instance, I just tank everything the entire fight instead of trying to kill the adds.

Edit: You're right about the first boss of MH: doable, but hard because of D&D and the enrage timer. I usually drag him near Jaina so she can get some extra damage in. The rest of the bosses will be harder, most have some mechanic that will thwart you (Anetheron puts you to sleep and has a debuff that reduces healing done by 75%, Azgalor will cast doom on you after 45 seconds, killing you 20 seconds after you're hit by it so you have only 65 seconds to burn through his 4.25 million hp, which would require over 65k dps; if you pull that one off, please post the vid :-P)
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-10-08 at 09:34 AM.

Kael'thas is most definitely doable as solo ret, just google solo ret kael'thas and there are videos explaining it.

MH is completely doable. The hardest boss is now infact the first boss due to his terrible Death and Decay wich deals damage based on your max health. Along with the anoying slows and Freeze its not that easy to avoid him. And harcasting some heals is a must.

Archimonde can also be a bit of a pain as Ret, but i did him in a pure pve dps spec. So no Selfless Healer, i think if i had SH i wouldve managed to outheal his damage. But as prot, regular ol' prot with Ret gear it was a cakewalk. Just keep in mind he has an enrage timer and when he hits that he will SPAM 90k damage hits. Also, KEEP HIM FAR AWAY FROM THE TREE. If he gets to close to the tree he will also spam 90k damage hits. So take him far away from the tree or an unlucky fear can get you into serious trouble.
    And on another note, at the Orc camp the Gargoyles and Frost Wyrms can be piss anoying. They're flying and hard to kite to the ground, the Frost Wyrms often bug and start evading when you do.

TK can be completely soloed altough Kael'Thas can be a bit of a pain really. Go watch some videos on what tactic works.

Gruuls Lair cannot be soloed. Sorry, but High-king Maulgar is a massive, huge, pain. He, and his adds, are constantly dropping CCs, Knockbacks, Slows and Disarms on your face. Its a terribly frustrating fight, you litterally spend 90% of the time not in control of your character. And in the remaining 10% you need to try and kill the Healer. Maybe if someone got lucky and resisted a bunch of CCs, got a bunch of procs you could possibly nuke the Healer down fast enough. But eventually you do spend nothing but CCd and still taking (alot) of damage.
    Gruul is actually quite easy, its really just that blased high king maulgar.

SSC cannot be completely soloed as far as i know. A bunch of bosses can be a realy pain, but i think most are killable except for Lady Vash.