Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

4.3 JC overpowered

EDIT:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEW PTR DATA!!! 77 stats gem are removed (looks like thats the end of the argument then lol)

Ivebeen in the PTR and something really strong struck me attention. As everyone knows, the epic gems that drops of raid bosses in dragon soul are going to be so rare that you wouldnt be able to fill all slots by them until probably the end of the expansion.

Looking at the PTR, my JC gems are upgraded from 67 to 77 stats. You know whats really interesting? im not replacing the epic gems with my upgraded epic JC gem, but im replacing blue 40 stats gems with 77 gems. Each of them are worth 37 additional stats or 111 more in total.

All other professions only grants you 80 raw stats so JC is going to be rediculously overpowered. Of course, as the tier goes and epic gem stats to flood the market, you will end up replacing the 50 stats epic gems with the upgraded 77 gems. Its value will diminish but non the less, as long as you still have even a single blue gem in your gem socket, the JC gem are overpowered =)

Im pretty sure everyone has thought of this so if this is a repeated post/thread im so sorry lol....

EDIT: it seems there are people who couldnt understand what im saying so im going to break it down

Assume 8 gem slot

START OF TIER

77x3 + 5x40 = 431
    8x40 = 320

difference = 111 stats

END OF TIER

77x3 +5x50 = 481
    8x50 = 400

difference = 81 stats

Yes indeed that by the end of the tier everyone would be equal but world first race begins
    2nd week of the tier
    NOT 2nd last week of the tier

EDIT 2:

PLEASE CHECK MY SIGNATURE... IM A FREAKING 525 JC... WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS ASSUME IM QQ-ing or NONSENSE STUFF LIKE THAT... IM MERELY SAYING MY THOUGHTS AND SHARING MY IDEAS FOR PEOPLE WHO WANTS TO LISTEN AND GAIN FREE STATS.......................

EDIT 3: Blacksmith

I found it important to inform people the main reason why JC > BS.
    As i pointed earlier, epic gems are going to be rare so slotting your Blacksmith's socket with epic gems would not be possible until the end of the tier.
    What this would mean is that, Blacksmith will have the upper hand after i downed heroic deathwing in which i really couldnt care less about Epeen.
    Jc on the other hand, gains at the start not the end. Do you see why JC > BS?
    Last edited by anthell; 2011-10-13 at 08:08 PM.

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

Deleted
    Youre still limited to 3 of the JC gems - so youll gain a total of +30 stats.

Sure, this means jewelcrafters will fill their gemslots that much faster.. but... who cares?

JC gives (77-50)*3 = 81 stats. Where exactly is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    the problem is at the start of the tier, epic gems are so very rare that what you are replacing arent the 50 stats epic gems, but the 40 stats rare gems.

Deleted
    Youre not replacing the 40 stat gems either, youre replacing the 67 stat gems...

Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    the problem is at the start of the tier, epic gems are so very rare that what you are replacing arent the 50 stats epic gems, but the 40 stats rare gems.
    Although your point is perfectly valid, nobody really will pay attention to it. In the end, everyone will have balanced professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    He's saying that the acquisition rate of epic gems will be slow enough to make JC a better profession than other professions that give passive bonuses. What you wrote is technically right but only when everyone has all the epic gems they need. Until then, the difference will still be 77-40 instead of 77-50, so JC will ultimately have a bonus of 30 stats over the other professions.

He means he can keep the old jc gems, which are +67 stat bonuses(51 extra) and then on top of that replace the old +40 normal rare gems with the new jc only gems +77(81 extra) which grants a JC 132 extra stats. Thats assuming full epic gems.

On the other hand, guess the Op hasnt heard of bugs..

maybe they should make it so you can craft the +77 stat gems only with the gems obtained in dragon soul.

So what do you suggest they do? Wait until some arbitrary number of people have replaced their rare gems with epics? Not buff JC gems at all? Make epic gems easier to acquire?

At any rate, a temporary disparity of 30 in primary stats because of profession bonuses isn't even enough to overcome ordinary variance in player performance and network latency. Besides, if a difference in 30 primary stats is the difference between success and failure in your raid, you have much bigger problems to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by reyu View Post
    maybe they should make it so you can craft the +77 stat gems only with the gems obtained in dragon soul.
    Maybe we don't need to complain about things being overpowered that really aren't. This is a temporary issue, and since JC's are getting royally screwed by not being able to farm and cut/sell epic gems, there is nothing OP about JC now.

Actually, assuming two players all have full epic gems, if one is a BS, they are the one who gets a 20 extra stats. The JC will only end up with a 1 point advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    So what do you suggest they do? Wait until some arbitrary number of people have replaced their rare gems with epics? Not buff JC gems at all? Make epic gems easier to acquire?

At any rate, a temporary disparity of 30 in primary stats because of profession bonuses isn't even enough to overcome ordinary variance in player performance and network latency. Besides, if a difference in 30 primary stats is the difference between success and failure in your raid, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    30 primary stats x 25 raiders = 750 stats
    you must have not experience enough 1% wipes to consider that insignificant

you say JC is overpowered.
    I read "OMG JC get 30 more stats! no one will bring non-JC to raids anymore!"
    and that's seriously doesn't matter one bit. it's 30 points. get over it.

Deleted
    Aka 2.5 flasks for free if everyone switched to JC. Pretty decent.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    add the epic gem itself in the recipe to create a JC gem? this will definitely be the best option to not make every player rerollng a profession before 4.3

and paying 40g for a single azerothian diamond (TBC was merely a setback)

30 primary stats x 25 raiders = 750 stats
    you must have not experience enough 1% wipes to consider that insignificant
    1% wipes aren't caused by a difference of 750 stats in profession bonuses.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destard View Post
    add the epic gem itself in the recipe to create a JC gem? this will definitely be the best option to not make every player rerollng a profession before 4.3
    You are free to change your professions because they confer a temporary difference of 30 more of your primary stat. I won't be doing that because I'm not prone to feelings of pure, irrational animal panic over something that won't even make a dent in ordinary, unavoidable variance in player performance and network latency.

Again, if less than half a percent of your total performance output (30 agility is 0.4% of my total agility right now. It will become an even smaller percentage once I start acquiring T13 gear, and it doesn't have any effect either way on the DPS contribution of my secondary stats.) is the difference between success and failure for you or your raid group, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    Last edited by microtonal; 2011-10-08 at 05:04 PM.

1% wipes aren't caused by a difference of 750 stats in profession bonuses.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

You are free to change your professions because they confer a temporary difference of 30 more of your primary stat. I won't be doing that because I'm not prone to feelings of pure, irrational animal panic over something that won't even make a dent in ordinary, unavoidable variance in player performance and network latency.

Again, if less than half a percent of your total performance output is the difference between success and failure for you or your raid group, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    Yeah, why min/max when you can be sorta lazy and just sit on mining as a primary profession for healing as well. Not like those 80 allocation points in something useful actually DO anything for you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Yeah, why min/max when you can be sorta lazy and just sit on mining as a primary profession for healing as well. Not like those 80 allocation points in something useful actually DO anything for you, right?
    If your healer is a miner, min-maxing isn't an issue for you. Stop trying to blame tiny differences in theoretical performance for the fact that you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

ffs regarldess what ever stats your on about,
    you complained we didnt have epic gems now we hve them your complaining already?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate