Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by microtonal View Post
    You are free to change your professions because they confer a temporary difference of 30 more of your primary stat. I won't be doing that because I'm not prone to feelings of pure, irrational animal panic over something that won't even make a dent in ordinary, unavoidable variance in player performance and network latency.

Again, if less than half a percent of your total performance output (30 agility is 0.4% of my total agility right now. It will become an even smaller percentage once I start acquiring T13 gear, and it doesn't have any effect either way on the DPS contribution of my secondary stats.) is the difference between success and failure for you or your raid group, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    So I guess you pass on all upgrades then? That 391 piece is only a 30 primary stat upgrade to a 378, not enough to make a difference. Oh that T13 is only 6 ilvl over 391, not enough to make a difference. Why even bother getting blue gems, those are only 10 stats higher than green gems, not enough to make a difference... Do you see how bad you sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So I guess you pass on all upgrades then? That 391 piece is only a 30 primary stat upgrade to a 378, not enough to make a difference. Oh that T13 is only 6 ilvl over 391, not enough to make a difference. Why even bother getting blue gems, those are only 10 stats higher than green gems, not enough to make a difference... Do you see how bad you sound?
    Reductio ad absurdam is a logical fallacy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No... actually reductio ad absurdum is logically valid. Just admit you are too lazy to maximize your character to it's full potential. It's okay, not everyone can be in a world first guild.

and how do you say they fix that? drop jc only gems in dragon soul to get the 77 stats? what about pvp jcs? does that mean they get screwed? its temporary, if you want to min max to that degree thats fine, re-roll jc for the first 2-3 weeks of the raid. otherwise stop trying to make every single person in wow equil. if you want to cry so much about 30 stats for the first couple of weeks then just re-roll jc and be happy.

QQing like this is getting on my nervs. "oh im not a jc so now im gana get booted from my raid", i was in a top 3 guild and we never 1 time kicked some one for a prof, the only thing you couldnt have was mining / herb on your raiding toon. if your guild kicks you for not being jc you have a bigger problem than your profs.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Actually, assuming two players all have full epic gems, if one is a BS, they are the one who gets a 20 extra stats. The JC will only end up with a 1 point advantage.
    Say hello to BS+JC.
    If it remains this way, the demand for ores right before 4.3 will FLYYYY

1% wipes aren't caused by a difference of 750 stats in profession bonuses
    40m Patch, Loatheb, Brutallus, original Baleroc HM and some other fights would beg to differ. Enrage timers, especially relatively static tank-n-spank fights, are extremely dependent on maximization. Execution fights are less noticeable and could possibly put LW as a better profession due to drums mobility.

To an average or even above average guild, it won't really matter. Would it help? Yes. Would it prevent the issues the raid typically has? Probably not.

To a guild pushing progression kills, 750 stats raid wide can push a first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill View Post
    "oh im not a jc so now im gana get booted from my raid", i was in a top 3 guild and we never 1 time kicked some one for a prof, the only thing you couldnt have was mining / herb on your raiding toon. if your guild kicks you for not being jc you have a bigger problem than your profs.
    What top 3 guild isn't a hard ass about professions when there's a significant difference between them?
    Last edited by Projali; 2011-10-08 at 06:25 PM.

Jewelcrafters gem out faster then everyone else. Wow, that's new. It will still give 80 str against anyone else who cares enough to max out their toon. Anyone else and no one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    The original intent as stated by Blizzard was that it would take the entire tier to fill every slot with epic gems. That's a time scale of months not weeks. Will Blizzard change this for live? Maybe.

Deleted
    Nerf bs they can put 50 str in their slot!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG you're right! GDI, time to pick up BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by trickzzz View Post
    Nerf bs they can put 50 str in their slot!!!!
    sooo very true... good find...

Accession 8/8 US 5th, world 22nd (25man) recruiting for all classes for MoP!!

I had 130 Agi on my bracers when there was no 50 Agi enchant in game even. Did i break the game?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by anthell View Post
    sooo very true... good find...
    Aye was just about to say that. Unless they change something with BS by not allowing em to use epic gems in their special sockets it will end up providing the best benefit.

OT i see your point OP and if this goes through JC will be the proffesion that top guilds will pick up when racing for the world first. However i dont see anything changing the only way for them to avert this is making gems more widly accessible. And at this point i dont see that happening tbh.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Deleted
    they cant keep all proffesion bonusses + 80. cause BS will get + 100 , since you get 2 extra sockets which can be filled with a + 50 gem.

so LW wrist enchant should go from 130 too 150 too make it for the difference with BS. and JC now has too give +100/3 which isnt possible so it will become: 102/3= 34
    so the gems should become 50 + 34 = 84 in order too be on par with BS.

so if blizzard makes the new JC only gems +77 random stat. JC will be weaker then other proffesions

i dont really understand wat is the difference between now and 2 years ago?? jc have always been able 3 fill slots faster than non jcs

All other professions only grants you 80 raw stats so JC is going to be rediculously overpowered.
    Assume 8 gem slot

START OF TIER
    77x3 + 5x40 = 431
    8x40 = 320
    difference = 111 stats

END OF TIER
    77x3 +5x50 = 481
    8x40 = 400
    difference = 81 stats
    So, the AMAZING 111 extra turns out to be simply 31 extra stats, since in your own words "All other professions only grants you 80 raw stats".
    More powerful indeed, but I think it hardly classifies as OVER powered.

Deleted
    There'll always be imbalances during start and end tiers, during t11 engineering got screwed over until later on fixed, now JC will pull ahead early t13, but will drop back down over time with the other professions.

1% wipes aren't caused by a difference of 750 stats in profession bonuses.

---------- Post added 2011-10-08 at 12:01 PM ----------

You are free to change your professions because they confer a temporary difference of 30 more of your primary stat. I won't be doing that because I'm not prone to feelings of pure, irrational animal panic over something that won't even make a dent in ordinary, unavoidable variance in player performance and network latency.

Again, if less than half a percent of your total performance output (30 agility is 0.4% of my total agility right now. It will become an even smaller percentage once I start acquiring T13 gear, and it doesn't have any effect either way on the DPS contribution of my secondary stats.) is the difference between success and failure for you or your raid group, you have much bigger problems to worry about.
    They aren't caused by it but they can be fixed by it. Any guild that had crushing multiple 200 and 300k wipes to twilight council would agree that 750 more primary stats to the raid would have been a big help.

i love how everyone jumps on the QQ train with jc but bs has ben ignored for the most part.

bs will get 2 extra gems puting them at 100 and all others at 81 ( yes even jc will only get 81 points after the first few weeks / month ).. but everyone wants jc to get nerfed. you do understand that if they lower that number back to 67 jc will have the lowest bonus of any prof in game by 30 points.

so instead of siting here crying about it come up with a fix that dosnt inclued screwing over half of the wow players.

START OF TIER

77x3 + 5x40 = 431
    8x40 = 320

difference = 111 stats

END OF TIER

77x3 +5x50 = 481
    8x40 = 400

difference = 81 stats

Re-calculate.